the front page.
|Charlotte Rat Ride
|Saturday, May 20th 2006
Are you a mileage junkie? Are you interested in a new challenge on your bike? Have you ever thought about riding all the trails in Charlotte in one day? Well, here is your chance. In the spirit of the SBD Rat Rides of years past Jon Carmack and myself will be leading an all day endurance ride of all the official Charlotte area trails. And yes, we will do all options. The ride will be free of charge and self-supported. So, come prepared with your bike tuned up and ready to ride.
What you will need to bring:
- Mountain Bike (in good working order with a comfortable saddle)
- Helmet (To protect your noodle)
- Water (and plenty of it)
- Trail Food (such as trail mix, sports bars and gel shots to eat throughout the day)
- Bicycle Tubes and Tools (in case you get a flat or need to make minor adjustments during the ride)
- Money to pay for riding at Poplar and Ann Springs (each place is $3 to ride) and lunch
- Butt Butter or Body Glide (To prevent monkey-butt. I strongly suggest you use one of these two products. They really work and saddle sores on a long ride are no fun)
The order of the trails that we’ll ride will be:
- Poplar Tent
- Fisher Farm Park
- North Mecklenburg Park
- Renaissance Park
- Ann Springs Greenway
- Francis Beatty Park
Date: Saturday May 20th, 2006
Starting Time at Poplar Tent: 8:30am (That means everyone has paid the fee and signed the wavier and we’re on the trail riding at 8:30am)
Finish Time at Francis Beatty: 6pm (or when we’re done)
There will be time (30 extra minutes) between riding North Meck and Renni to pick up and eat lunch.
Everyone is invited to attend. If your not sure that your ready to do 40+ miles of trail riding then join us for part of it. The beauty of this is that everyone can participate in some or all of it. Hope to see ya there.
Contact Michael Storm firstname.lastname@example.org
Back to the front page.