the front page.
|A Perfect Day for Some Trailwork
| The weather looks sunny and cool for this Saturday, March 21st, so we are going to work on the new Green Trail at USNWC from 9am to 12noon. I know it's short notice, but this is the first of several workdays we will have in order to get this new Beginner Trail open by mid-April. The corridor has been mostly cleared already by some of our dedicated trail crew, so we are at the stage of grubbing out the cut saplings, grading out the trail and opening up drainage areas. Please be sure to wear long pants, boots or sturdy shoes and gloves and bring some water and maybe a snack. The Trailblazers and the USNWC will supply pulaskis, mcleods and such but feel free to bring your own loppers or hand saws. We will be parking at the compound on the property off of Charlie Hipp Rd. for trail work days only. You can also park at the main Trailhead and walk over if you want to, it's not far. Here are the directions to Charlie Hipp Rd.:
- From I-485 take the Moore's Chapel Rd. Exit and proceed through both traffic circles heading towards the USNWC
- DON'T turn right after the 2nd traffic circle, but go straight towards the old entrance the the park
- GO PAST the old entrance at Hawfield Rd. and take the next Right on Charlie Hipp Rd. (200 yards past Hawfield)
- Go through the gate at the end of the paved road and follow the gravel road down to the compound on the right
- Park there
- If you come later, the gate may be closed but shouldn't be locked
- Call me with any questions
- Frankie Pietras -- cell 7 0h 4-577-25one7
- For a description of the new trail, see posting under Trail Work
Back to the front page.