Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Print
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Have you gotten yours yet? (Read 6413 times)
Abunai
Little Ring

Japanese for "dangerous",
mostly to myself.

Have you gotten yours yet?
01/15/07 at 7:23pm
Print Post  
That's right folks, you too, can get your Trailblazer Membership in a matter of days instead of a matter of months. Simply become  a member or renew online and you will have your new card and stickers in a matter of days. We have spent the last several months streamlining the operation. Here's a picture of my mailbox, today. 
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)
Don't be the last one on your block to get yours!
Simply go to (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) and register today!

If you have any questions feel free to email me at (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links).
« Last Edit: 01/15/07 at 7:28pm by Abunai »  
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

If you don't want to see it, don't look!

IP Logged

hippymtnbkr
Ex Member

Re: Have you gotten yours yet?
Reply #1 - 01/15/07 at 7:38pm
Print Post  
Im cofused,I got an e-mail stating that my membership was expired,but when I looked at the by-laws it states 4.2.2 Membership dues shall cover a period of one year beginning with the first day of the first full month of active membership and extending to the last day of the month at the end of that one year period. So I joined in July.According to that statment,should I not expire in July of 2007 Undecided

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

mtbchk
Forum Administrator

rocks are good

Reply #2 - 01/15/07 at 7:47pm
Print Post  
I believe the bylaws have undergone some revisions in the last few months.  It may be that the online ones aren't totally updated.

It was announced in several meetings last year that the membership will now go Jan-Dec.

IP Logged

flyinelvis
Forum Administrator
In The Loop
Project Board

Speed is your friend!

Reply #3 - 01/15/07 at 7:53pm
Print Post  
Impaler 58 wrote on 01/15/07 at 7:38pm:
Im cofused,I got an e-mail stating that my membership was expired,but when I looked at the by-laws it states 4.2.2 Membership dues shall cover a period of one year beginning with the first day of the first full month of active membership and extending to the last day of the month at the end of that one year period. So I joined in July.According to that statment,should I not expire in July of 2007 Undecided

Here's the rub...

As a totally volunteer organization, attempting to track some 600 or so names and membership anniverseries, we request that everyone renew in January...If you joined after Sept 30 of the previous year, we don't ask this...If you aren't interested in renewing at this time, that's completely up to you...But as a group composed largely of ADD males, it certainly helps us to more accurately track our membership AND gives us the added benefit of being able to assemble a budget for the upcoming year...

(BTW, Pel tells me that we have received 38 membership renewals since Jan 1st!)
« Last Edit: 01/15/07 at 7:54pm by flyinelvis »  

When I was a kid, I prayed for a bicycle.  When I learned it didn't work that way, I stole one and asked God to forgive me...
IP Logged

hippymtnbkr
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 01/15/07 at 8:24pm
Print Post  
But here is another thing, not being a member until last year and basically not knowing much about the organization it seems that it would be a help to put out some kind of membership application or publication explaining these. I signed up on line and read the rules on line. Believe me,I have been a member of many volunteer organizations over the years. I was once a chairman in charge of our clubs local fundraiser rides.(that' probably why I have no hair)But correct information is important for all organizations to thrive Smiley So my thing is now, people are pointing their fingers at me ,stating I'm difficult and all. But they all know what the rules are

IP Logged

flyinelvis
Forum Administrator
In The Loop
Project Board

Speed is your friend!

Reply #5 - 01/15/07 at 8:44pm
Print Post  
Impaler 58 wrote on 01/15/07 at 8:24pm:
people are pointing their fingers at me ,stating I'm difficult and all...

I don't think that I insinuated that in the least...I have made the same request of the membership many times over the past several years...It's OK...Check out the club (YOUR club) over the next year, see if it's for you...Maybe it is, maybe it isn't...

I just hope that everyone knows and understands the level of effort that it takes to run a club of this size...Thank goodness for Pel Deal stepping up and assisting us with the membership...If you only understood the work he put into tracking down all of our members and to assemble the routine for sending out the member renewal notices...Obviously, if we have received 38 renewals since January, we must be doing something right...

No pressure from here, Hippie...

When I was a kid, I prayed for a bicycle.  When I learned it didn't work that way, I stole one and asked God to forgive me...
IP Logged

The Cycle Path
IB Room
In The Loop
Project Board

Treasurer '11 to '18.
Trail Chair '12-'18,
'20-'21

Reply #6 - 01/15/07 at 9:09pm
Print Post  
flyinelvis wrote on 01/15/07 at 8:44pm:
Impaler 58 wrote on 01/15/07 at 8:24pm:
people are pointing their fingers at me ,stating I'm difficult and all...

I don't think that I insinuated that in the least...I have made the same request of the membership many times over the past several years...It's OK...Check out the club (YOUR club) over the next year, see if it's for you...Maybe it is, maybe it isn't...

I just hope that everyone knows and understands the level of effort that it takes to run a club of this size...Thank goodness for Pel Deal stepping up and assisting us with the membership...If you only understood the work he put into tracking down all of our members and to assemble the routine for sending out the member renewal notices...Obviously, if we have received 38 renewals since January, we must be doing something right...

No pressure from here, Hippie...

....And if you want to know pain and suffering, you can come help me inventory the shop...by hand...and then entering all the data, including correct wholesale prices, into an EXCEL spreadsheet to get ready for taxes and a new Point Of Sale System!  

UUUUHHHHHHGGGGGG!!!!!!!    I really need a beer.... Tongue

FYI If anyone's forgotten...a membership gets you 10% off accessories at mine and some other shops...so you re-coup your $$ pretty quick.   

Hippie,  we're not jumping on ya brother.  Good to see at the Polar Bear on Sat.  Hope the shifter is still working.

Mark
« Last Edit: 01/15/07 at 9:13pm by The Cycle Path »  

We carry the finest from Specialized, Yeti, Transition, and Kona.
IP Logged

hippymtnbkr
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 01/15/07 at 9:48pm
Print Post  
As usal,I'm blowing things out of proportion. Going nuts house hunting and all. Two months ago ,I had a pocket ful of cash. Now everybody wants me to hand it over. And I already spent it. Yeah Mark ,thanks for the fix. I finally got to check out some local roads. It was a blast,I had a lot of fun. I would have been bummed if I couldn't have down shifted on the way back into town. Since I work for the state though, no one will be seeing any cash till the first of the month,including myself Cry

IP Logged

PDLJUNKE
Big Ring

bang your head

Reply #8 - 01/15/07 at 10:28pm
Print Post  
New card?  Stickers? Huh

Ours goes to 11.
                                                       (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)Pedal Junky.

IP Logged

mtbchk
Forum Administrator

rocks are good

Reply #9 - 01/16/07 at 1:33am
Print Post  
Little Orphan Annie secret decoder ring?
« Last Edit: 01/16/07 at 2:04am by mtbchk »  

IP Logged

Abunai
Little Ring

mostly to myself.

Reply #10 - 01/16/07 at 1:50am
Print Post  
mtbchk wrote on 01/16/07 at 1:33am:

Isn't one ring enough for you? Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Shredder
Big Ring

Reply #11 - 01/16/07 at 2:21am
Print Post  
mtbchk wrote on 01/16/07 at 1:33am:

Be sure to drink your Ovaltine

IP Logged

RacerX100
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 01/18/07 at 2:56pm
Print Post  
The money drafted from my account.  I better get my decoder ring before the next episode of 24  Angry

IP Logged

The Cycle Path
IB Room
In The Loop
Project Board

Treasurer '11 to '18.
Trail Chair '12-'18,
'20-'21

Reply #13 - 01/18/07 at 3:58pm
Print Post  
Impaler 58 wrote on 01/15/07 at 9:48pm:
As usal,I'm blowing things out of proportion. Going nuts house hunting and all. Two months ago ,I had a pocket ful of cash. Now everybody wants me to hand it over. And I already spent it. Yeah Mark ,thanks for the fix. I finally got to check out some local roads. It was a blast,I had a lot of fun. I would have been bummed if I couldn't have down shifted on the way back into town. Since I work for the state though, no one will be seeing any cash till the first of the month,including myself Cry

Yea...that would have really sucked up those hills!   Grin  Glad to help.  Later....

We carry the finest from Specialized, Yeti, Transition, and Kona.
IP Logged

liquid 1
Little Ring

I love dirt and trees,
cross country

Reply #14 - 01/19/07 at 5:22pm
Print Post  
Grin Grin I hear ya mark..Inventory is a BIG BAD WORD it can make ya or break ya Grin Grin...Its all for a good cause... Wink...

----  working for the weekends ------&&       dirtbikes,mountain bikes&&       boating,sking,hikeing,camping

IP Logged

Abunai
Little Ring

mostly to myself.

Reply #15 - 01/20/07 at 2:56am
Print Post  
Renewals and new members keep rolling in. However, there are still a lot of you out there that haven't renewed or joined. Am I going to have to start calling names and pointing fingers? Sad
« Last Edit: 01/20/07 at 2:57am by Abunai »  

IP Logged

liquid 1
Little Ring

I love dirt and trees,
cross country

Reply #16 - 01/20/07 at 6:12am
Print Post  
Abunai wrote on 01/20/07 at 2:56am:
Renewals and new members keep rolling in. However, there are still a lot of you out there that haven't renewed or joined. Am I going to have to start calling names and pointing fingers? Sad

SmileyMy checks in the mail..I hope the wind dont blow all them funds away Grin looks like the mail box is in overload... Cool

----  working for the weekends ------&&       dirtbikes,mountain bikes&&       boating,sking,hikeing,camping

IP Logged

doug
Coaster Bike

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #17 - 02/01/07 at 4:20pm
Print Post  
I have a question and... Take it easy on me, I'm new around here.. 

Can I just come to a meeting and pay for my membership or would the powers that be rather I mail a check?

I don't care, either is fine but, I am coming to the meeting just, well, because I want to..  Shocked  Grin

MY LEGS HURT!

IP Logged

Abunai
Little Ring

mostly to myself.

Reply #18 - 02/01/07 at 4:37pm
Print Post  
You can join online (fastest), at a meeting (next fastest) or by snail mail ( only as fast as the mail processor, who then has to forward it). All methods are completely acceptable.

Looks like you chose the fast method. Your membership is in the mail.
« Last Edit: 02/01/07 at 4:39pm by Abunai »  

IP Logged

doug
Coaster Bike

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #19 - 02/01/07 at 4:47pm
Print Post  
Abunai wrote on 02/01/07 at 4:37pm:
You can join online (fastest), at a meeting (next fastest) or by snail mail ( only as fast as the mail processor, who then has to forward it). All methods are completely acceptable.

Looks like you chose the fast method. Your membership is in the mail.  

LOL.. Yes, I should have looked a little closer before opening my big mouth.. 
Anyhoo.. 20 bucks headin your way. 
Cool

MY LEGS HURT!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Print