Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Rescheduled Meeting this Thursday Night! (Read 1289 times)
flyinelvis
Forum Administrator
In The Loop
Project Board

Speed is your friend!

Rescheduled Meeting this Thursday Night!
02/07/07 at 1:12am
Print Post  
February Meeting
The February meeting of the Tarheel Trailblazers will take place this Thursday evening, February 8th, at Jack’s on 7th Street. This is the rescheduled meeting from last Thursday’s postponement, due to weather.  Meeting time as usual is 7:30 PM. Join us as we offer our latest versions(s) of Trailblazer socks!  New socks to keenly coordinate you with your blue or red jersey!  Produced by SockGuy the cost is $8/pair or2 for $15.  AND, we now have in stock the Trailblazer/Diva pint glass!  That’s right, enjoy your favorite beverage in a 
cool new glass with the logos of your favorite clubs!  Just $5/glass!  In addition, we still have a few Trailblazer jerseys (blue and red) that we need to move at $50 members/$65 for non-members(includes a year long membership at a $5 discount!)…We just added a new black THTB visor to the swag box, so c’mon out and drop some coins!

Trail Work at LNSP:

We have a huge trail work Day at Lake Norman State Park, scheduled for February 24th in conjunction with the Dirt Divas and REI. We’ll meet at the Itusi trail head parking lot and shuttle to the Monbo trail. We have a goal of a 100 volunteers to really put a dent in the remaining 1.5 miles of trail.

Remember, the Monbo trail has been largely constructed with mechanized equipment, and we will be grooming the trail. Starbucks Coffee will be on hand to distribute coffee and bottled water. Rumor has it that Starbucks will donate $10 per volunteer. That could be a significant fundraiser for the club. In addition, the Trailblazers will be offering each volunteer a pair our new SockGuy Socks. Mark your calendars and come out on the 24th. For directions or more info, check out (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

Winter Series Short Track Race
The final two races of the series are Saturday, Feb 10 and Sunday, 11, 2007 Weather looks great for the two races this weekend. Check out the photos of the previous events at Renaissance Park

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

Event Info: (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

Hotel Info
If you are coming from out of town and need a place to stay near the park, the Holiday Inn at 321 W Woodlawn Rd has given us a special rate for Saturday evening of $69.99, normally $89.99. Just mention Charlotte Sports Cycling.  The number for the Holiday Inn is 704.523.1400.

Special Treat
This weekend, our Shimano regional tech rep is going to be at the races this weekend with a couple of demo bikes built with the new Shimano XTR. Come on out and give the new XTR a try, it's FREE! 

Also, we are working on getting the Monster Energy Drink Truck out to the event.  They will be bringing out all of the latest and greatest drinks from Monster.   

If you haven't participated in the short track series, it's an absolute blast! We've had great numbers at the first three events.  After each the events, we will have hot chili from East Blvd Bar & Grill and vegetable soup from Charlotte Sports Cycling.  The short track is a great place for anyone and everyone to give mountain bike racing a try. We've had huge junior categories at the first three events. Invite a friend and come on out.

After the race on Sunday, the 11th, we will head over to East Blvd Bar and Grill for the series ending party.  Free appetizers will be served from 4:00PM to 6:00PM. 

ATTENTION:      
We just found out the Athletic Complex at Renaissance Park is currently under construction. Participant parking will be located in the first parking lot on the left.  All four gates leading to the middle of the softball complex will be open.   

Membership Drive
Don’t forget that we are currently in our membership drive! We have had a very successful month with membership renewals and first time members. 
Remember, we are only as strong as our membership. Shear numbers catch the attention of land managers, who are constantly juggling the needs of the sporting community. Your membership shows the strength of the local mountain bike community and helps us to keep the momentum that we currently have in our community…Your continuing support is appreciated!

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

When I was a kid, I prayed for a bicycle.  When I learned it didn't work that way, I stole one and asked God to forgive me...
IP Logged

Paul Bellin
Little Ring

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: Rescheduled Meeting this Thursday Night!
Reply #1 - 02/07/07 at 1:29pm
Print Post  
And everyone, this is currently scheduled to be the LAST monthly meeting at Jack's (more news on new location later). The city block they're on has been sold and is slated for demolition in a few months +/-, so given the uncertainty about their future and other locations it was felt this was a good time to move things. I know, I know, you're either  Cry or  Angry or  Smiley about it, depending on your views of the place. Come out for one last visit to the old haunt and thank them for their support over the years.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

cranberry
Big Ring

Bluegrass is acoustic
speed metal!

Reply #2 - 02/07/07 at 1:36pm
Print Post  
Ya know that kind of sucks they will be tearing it down.
I met my lovely wife of 15 years there when "Jacks" was still Jack Straws.
It was the first place I worked when I relocated to Charlotte and will always have a special place in my heart. 

There's too much drama in mountain biking

IP Logged

mtbchk
Forum Administrator

rocks are good

Reply #3 - 02/07/07 at 7:16pm
Print Post  
cranberry wrote on 02/07/07 at 1:36pm:
I met my lovely wife of 15 years there when "Jacks" was still Jack Straws.
It was the first place I worked when I relocated to Charlotte and will always have a special place in my heart. 

Huh...  little known facts about Cranberry.   
I guess he does have a "softer" side.
And everyone just thought he was a hyper cross-dresser!   

IP Logged

cranberry
Big Ring

Bluegrass is acoustic
speed metal!

Reply #4 - 02/07/07 at 7:27pm
Print Post  
That's HOT!
Gosh! I DO look good in a mud covered teddy, garderbelt and fishnets. Shocked

I'm not a cross dresser, thats Cran-sherri. (my alter-ego)
BTW...I won the "womens" class that day Wink
« Last Edit: 02/07/07 at 7:34pm by cranberry »  

IP Logged

Paul Bellin
Little Ring

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #5 - 02/08/07 at 1:19am
Print Post  
That is waaay too far over the TMI line....

IP Logged

mtbchk
Forum Administrator

rocks are good

Reply #6 - 02/08/07 at 1:48am
Print Post  
Quote:
That is waaay too far over the TMI line....

What... you don't find it endearing that Cranberry met his lovely wife of 15 years at Jacks?

Wink

IP Logged

cranberry
Big Ring

Bluegrass is acoustic
speed metal!

Reply #7 - 02/08/07 at 2:17am
Print Post  
And I'm back in school to become a nurse......Oh the irony.

IP Logged

Paul Bellin
Little Ring

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #8 - 02/08/07 at 11:12am
Print Post  
I can't heeeaaar youuuu...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print