Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  Print
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Sherman Branch Grand Opening Celebration! (Read 8735 times)
LessNew2this
Big Ring

Man, that was NOT a good
line....

Re: Sherman Branch Grand Opening Celebration!
Reply #20 - 05/01/07 at 2:34pm
Print Post  
DRINKS ARE TAKEN CARE OF ... Thanks Jim

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

....whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government...Declaration of Independence

IP Logged

markmanchette
Ex Member

Reply #21 - 05/01/07 at 5:05pm
Print Post  
HERE IS THE MAP for those that will be parking at the Bradfield Farms pool parking lot:

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

Sherman Branch Park is the white area on the map that says "Legend", "property line", etc.

Park at the PEACOCK LN POOL/CLUBHOUSE PARKING LOT. I should be there at that parking lot with a sign or something.

Then ride your bikes down SPANDRIL LN, to ENGLISH WALNUT LN. Where English Walnut dead-ends (on the left), there is a small opening in the woods roughly behind the water pumping equipment. This is an unofficial entrance to Sherman Branch. I'll try to tie some ribbon, or a balloon by the entrance, so you'll see it. I'll also tie ribbon or balloons along the fire road that leads to SB's main parking lot.

I'll forward my house number - 704-573-8411 - to my cell phone that morning, in case anybody has trouble finding the neighborhood, or parking lot. See you there!

Mark  Smiley

P.S. here's a zoom view of the ride from the pool to the park.

« Last Edit: 05/01/07 at 5:19pm by »  
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

LessNew2this
Big Ring

Man, that was NOT a good
line....

Reply #22 - 05/02/07 at 3:02pm
Print Post  
Is there any contingency plan should the rains come and wash this date out?

....whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government...Declaration of Independence

IP Logged

flyinelvis
Forum Administrator
In The Loop
Project Board

Speed is your friend!

Reply #23 - 05/02/07 at 3:50pm
Print Post  
LessNew2this wrote on 05/02/07 at 3:02pm:
Is there any contingency plan should the rains come and wash this date out?

Unfortunately, no, it's a one shot deal (at least for now)...

If we purchase food that can't be cooked b/c of weather, well, maybe we can thank the swim club and donate it to them (spread some good will)...

A 40% chance of rain means there is a 60% chance of no rain, right?  We'll just need to roll with the punches...

I will be at Jetton this weekend...Thanks in advance to Sean, Mark and the others that have volunteered to assist!

-tom

When I was a kid, I prayed for a bicycle.  When I learned it didn't work that way, I stole one and asked God to forgive me...
IP Logged

LessNew2this
Big Ring

Man, that was NOT a good
line....

Reply #24 - 05/02/07 at 4:07pm
Print Post  
I was going to get everything Friday night so if the skies open up here and the trail wil be too wet for Sat AM I will post up and let you all know that I will not be cookin' and not get supplies.

IP Logged

JimShoe
Big Ring

Reply #25 - 05/02/07 at 5:46pm
Print Post  
Hey Sean, I will probably bring the drinks by sometime tomorrow. Looking at the weather radar it looks like if we do get any rain it won't amount to much. And as dry as the ground is it will soak any light stuff right up. Of course I said that two weeks ago several hours before my softball game got canceled due to rain! Not that I would want to put a bod omen on anything Lips Sealed

When the government takes responsibility for the people, the people will no longer take responsibility for themselves

IP Logged

Vasco
Global Moderator
In The Loop
Project Board

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #26 - 05/03/07 at 1:02pm
Print Post  
I picked up the TTB/Diva  pop-up and 4 fold up tables last night. I will be at the trail head with them by 8-8:30. Send a PM if anything else is needed.
Doug S.

Spelling and grammatical errors are beyond my control it's the way I wired.

IP Logged

LessNew2this
Big Ring

Man, that was NOT a good
line....

Reply #27 - 05/03/07 at 2:34pm
Print Post  
I will be bringing the Grills and such around the same time....

still looking for a big tub/cooler for drinks if anyone has one available to lend.

IP Logged

flyinelvis
Forum Administrator
In The Loop
Project Board

Speed is your friend!

Reply #28 - 05/04/07 at 2:27am
Print Post  
We honored our favorite trailbuilder with a little plaque tonight...

Thanks for all you do, Jerry!

When I was a kid, I prayed for a bicycle.  When I learned it didn't work that way, I stole one and asked God to forgive me...
IP Logged

Enoch
Forum Administrator
IB Room
Project Board
In The Loop

Walked with God and he
was not

Reply #29 - 05/04/07 at 12:08pm
Print Post  
I wasn't expecting that, quite the humbling experience. I wished I had one for all who were involved in this project. Many thanks to those that made this possible.

Do what you like. Stop hating people for their riding habits and get back to hating them for their skin color, religion, politics, and sexual orientation.

IP Logged

Spoke
Small Cog

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #30 - 05/04/07 at 12:15pm
Print Post  
Very well deserved.   Congrats!

IP Logged

staz
Small Cog

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #31 - 05/04/07 at 12:21pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

SCOTT_T
Big Ring

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #32 - 05/04/07 at 12:22pm
Print Post  
Yeah......Thanks Cat, and will you fix my bike tomarrow Cry

IP Logged

Enoch
Forum Administrator
IB Room
Project Board
In The Loop

Walked with God and he
was not

Reply #33 - 05/04/07 at 12:25pm
Print Post  
SCOTT_T wrote on 05/04/07 at 12:22pm:
Yeah......Thanks Cat, and will you fix my bike tomarrow Cry

Sure I will, C'mon out.

Do what you like. Stop hating people for their riding habits and get back to hating them for their skin color, religion, politics, and sexual orientation.

IP Logged

LessNew2this
Big Ring

Man, that was NOT a good
line....

Reply #34 - 05/04/07 at 12:26pm
Print Post  
Congrat's Jerry, wish I coulda been there but Thurdays are the worst night of the week for me.

Thanks for the trail....While I may be biased, I do beleive it to be a great trail .... I know you have broken your back out  there for the last year +,  it does NOT go unappreciated!

IP Logged

chris
Small Cog

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #35 - 05/04/07 at 12:32pm
Print Post  
thanks jerry for making a dream real  Shocked that is what lots of hard work from a great club will get done ! now whats next ? Wink  

IP Logged

Mr. Roach
Coaster Bike

Reply #36 - 05/04/07 at 12:34pm
Print Post  
congrats cat, the trail really is great.  good to see you got dressed up for the award ceremony, what is that a tux?  Wink

If I was president, I would not carry any spare change.

IP Logged

SCOTT_T
Big Ring

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #37 - 05/04/07 at 12:43pm
Print Post  
Paging Chris Roin!

Yo Honkey.......you gonna be out there tomarrow with your superduper bushing tool?????????? Shocked

IP Logged

chris
Small Cog

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #38 - 05/04/07 at 1:04pm
Print Post  
10 / 4

IP Logged

SCOTT_T
Big Ring

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #39 - 05/04/07 at 1:08pm
Print Post  
WERD...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 
Print