Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic The Huntersville Herald... (Read 675 times)
flyinelvis
Forum Administrator
In The Loop
Project Board

Speed is your friend!

The Huntersville Herald...
05/18/07 at 2:11pm
Print Post  
...has a good story about the mountain bike happenings in and around the Lake Norman area...Some details are a little inaccurate, but you'll get the jest of the story...

And that's not Cathy in the photo, that's Leah...

Go here for the story:

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

When I was a kid, I prayed for a bicycle.  When I learned it didn't work that way, I stole one and asked God to forgive me...
IP Logged

EAutry
Big Ring
In The Loop
Project Board

You know you'll feel better
if you ride today.....

Re: The Huntersville Herald...
Reply #1 - 05/18/07 at 3:47pm
Print Post  
Very nice....ready to build some more trail in the am......

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

One gear really is enough..but my knees have forced me to go 1x10.

IP Logged

Dirt Hooker
Big Ring

Reply #2 - 05/18/07 at 5:40pm
Print Post  
Great article!  I didn't know Cathy and I looked so much alike! Grin

“Winning is about heart, not just legs. It's got to be in the right place.” Lance Armstrong

IP Logged

JimShoe
Big Ring

Reply #3 - 05/18/07 at 11:32pm
Print Post  
Enjoyed the article in the Huntersville Herald. Took note of the mention of limitations in some places due to acreage/setbacks. Just returned from Ohio where I rode at Alum Creek State Park. Chatted with a bike patrol memeber who told me that AEP (American Electric Power) has made available to them 11,000 acres Shocked Shocked in SE Ohio to build trails on. There was no hiding the froth and drool. However, the trails they do have there are lightly ridden and lack for maintenance. So I feel very fortunate that we have a group(s) in our area that are active in getting new trails built and maintaining what we do have. What would THTB do with an 11,000 acre plot? Cool

When the government takes responsibility for the people, the people will no longer take responsibility for themselves

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print