Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Trailblazers Awarded REI Grant (Read 484 times)
flyinelvis
Forum Administrator
In The Loop
Project Board

Speed is your friend!

Trailblazers Awarded REI Grant
06/28/07 at 12:46pm
Print Post  
The Trailblazers will be receiving a check for $5,000 from Recreational Equipment, Inc. (REI) as benefactors in their grant program.  The money is earmarked for the future trail system in Mt. Holly.

A great deal of appreciation goes out to Jeff Smith and Brian Hynes for their efforts in the grant process.  Special thanks also go out to Joey Norman, outgoing Outreach Coordinator at REI.  Joey has been instrumental in assisting the Trailblazers awareness in the outdoor community.  Best of luck in your future endeavors, Joey!

As a side bar to this good news, Trips for Kids also received a $5,000 grant from REI that will go toward the purchase of 13 bicycles, to be housed in the northern part of the county at Fisher Farms.  The grant will assure that virtually all underprivileged kids will be able to ride a bike on the TFK outings.  Congratulations to Harry Johnson and Paula Frickie who have spent countless hours assuring that TFK Charlotte is a success.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

When I was a kid, I prayed for a bicycle.  When I learned it didn't work that way, I stole one and asked God to forgive me...
IP Logged

cmowery3
Big Ring

I wanna ride!

Re: Trailblazers Awarded REI Grant
Reply #1 - 06/29/07 at 4:05am
Print Post  
Great news!!!

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

Ride & Smile...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print