Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic R-E-S-P-E-C-T (Read 1237 times)
flyinelvis
Forum Administrator
In The Loop
Project Board

Speed is your friend!

R-E-S-P-E-C-T
01/28/08 at 3:06am
Print Post  
(Sorry in advance for a cross-post)

Saturday's midday closure at LNSP was my doing...I apologize to anyone that may have been caught between the opening of the park at 8:00 and it's closure at noon...

I consider LNSP to be my "home" trail and as of yet, I have been unable to ride it backwards, so we were all excited when the trail opened on Saturday morning...Three of our group got on the bike for a quick loop before the others arrived...We rode out past the kiosk to the road...The trail was extremely greasy (slick)...We were all hopeful of the conditions improving, but by the time we made it about a half mile (at the top of the fork on Norwood loop), it became obvious that the trail shouldn't be ridden...The conditions were awful, so we turned around and I set about trying to find a park employee / ranger...I finally located Ranger Clay and he agreed to close the trail...

I tried (sometimes successfully, sometimes not so successfully) to discourage arriving riders from going out on the trail...I didn't force the issue with anyone, just made the suggestion...

We all need to exhibit a little restraint...RESPECT the trails, right?  I know it's a beautiful day, but there are other options (we rode N. Meck and it was in very good condition)...

If you start a ride and it seems sloppy, generally the rest of the trail is going to have the same issue...We have many more riders than we have trail workers...Someone will have to spend their precious riding time repairing the damage done by those that choose not to participate in trail work...

Thanks to all that show that level of restraint and to those that will be repairing the damage done by the less thoughtful, a big thank you in advance for your efforts!

-tom

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

When I was a kid, I prayed for a bicycle.  When I learned it didn't work that way, I stole one and asked God to forgive me...
IP Logged

Gramps
Big Ring

$#%&...Not again......
       Member 2006 thu

Re: R-E-S-P-E-C-T
Reply #1 - 01/28/08 at 12:42pm
Print Post  
I don't guess you need an Amen......but here is one anyway. AMEN   Grin

Gramps

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

Gone Fishing.... Smiley
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)
IP Logged

mydbrx2
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 01/28/08 at 10:21pm
Print Post  
Just wondering, would a fine have been issued to any caught on the trail? Even if they had already started riding befor closure.

IP Logged

flyinelvis
Forum Administrator
In The Loop
Project Board

Speed is your friend!

Reply #3 - 01/28/08 at 11:42pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Just wondering, would a fine have been issued to any caught on the trail? Even if they had already started riding befor closure.

I seriously doubt it...The rangers are very much in tune with the mtn. bike community and they know this was a kind of unusual situation...I just thought it was cool that they listened and made the right call...

On the other hand, if the trail had been closed on Saturday morning and someone poached it, well, that's a whole 'nother story....

When I was a kid, I prayed for a bicycle.  When I learned it didn't work that way, I stole one and asked God to forgive me...
IP Logged

mydbrx2
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 01/29/08 at 1:12am
Print Post  
Thats cool. Totally understand. I'll be honest, I miss riding in the nasty mud. In the early 90's you could ride in the rain if you wanted. Wait a second! If some of us had not done that, some trails may be in better shape today Embarrassed

IP Logged

Bike Shop Girl
Little Ring

Reply #5 - 01/29/08 at 8:38pm
Print Post  
I think that Tom, Jerry and Rick (flyinelvis, enoch, gramps) need to make a RESPECT song for the trails..

We could sell it and make tons of money for the club

WWWGTalkFacebookAIM  
IP Logged

Gramps
Big Ring

$#%&...Not again......
       Member 2006 thu

Reply #6 - 01/30/08 at 12:36am
Print Post  
Quote:
I think that Tom, Jerry and Rick (flyinelvis, enoch, gramps) need to make a RESPECT song for the trails..

We could sell it and make tons of money for the club

LOL  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Maybe a little Rap so we could reach out to the younger hip crowd  Grin

Gramps

Gone Fishing.... Smiley
IP Logged

paintwizard
Small Cog

Ride hard Pray harder!

Reply #7 - 01/30/08 at 8:06am
Print Post  
"I'LL BUY THAT FOR A DOLLAR"        Gramps, do you remember the man who always said that?  I remember the face and the phrase, but not the name. I am not quite that old!!  Wink
« Last Edit: 01/30/08 at 8:07am by paintwizard »  

I can't sleep, clowns will eat me!
AIM  
IP Logged

nc_mx_kid
Small Cog

Love the scoots

Reply #8 - 01/31/08 at 6:09pm
Print Post  
Everyone know whats is right/wrong.  Your always going to have the ones who DON'T follow the rules

Kyle Pulley#821 Sales Rep.@ TEAM Charlotte Motorsports (Yamaha/Kawasaki/Honda/Suzuki/Harley Davidson) 704-219-2151
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print