Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Are you really a Tarheel Trailblazer? (Read 774 times)
EAutry
Big Ring
In The Loop
Project Board

You know you'll feel better
if you ride today.....

Are you really a Tarheel Trailblazer?
04/17/12 at 5:03pm
Print Post  
With our transition to become a SORBA chapter where IMBA handles 100% of our membership renewals, I think some folks may not realize they're not active Tarheel Trailblazers with paid up membership dues. 

I've provided IMBA a lot of feedback we need better chapter branding on membership renewal notices from IMBA so you know it's us your signing up for, but they have about 40 chapters, so more local chapter branding isn't something that's easy to make happen overnight. 

If you're not sure if you're really a Tarheel Trailblazer with paid up membership dues you can send an email to me at president@tarheeltrailblazers.com, and I'll look you up and let you know.

BIG FAT CAVEAT...I have access to the IMBA membership database (our club only) where I can see if you're paid up, or when your membership expires, but for any discrepancies I'll have to ask that YOU contact IMBA. Since IMBA handles it all now I can only check the status. I think I can also look up when and how you paid too. 

Thanks

Edward Autry
President - Tarheel Trailblazers
« Last Edit: 04/17/12 at 5:04pm by EAutry »  
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

One gear really is enough..but my knees have forced me to go 1x10.

IP Logged

JimShoe
Big Ring

Re: Are you really a Tarheel Trailblazer?
Reply #1 - 04/20/12 at 11:18am
Print Post  
I know I renewed as I get e-mails from IMBA in regards to the Trailblazers. However, I recently received a letter in the mail encouraging me to join IMBA/SORBA. Just wondering if anyone else received one. Sounds like a bit of confusion on the part of IMBA.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

When the government takes responsibility for the people, the people will no longer take responsibility for themselves

IP Logged

SC_Guy911
Small Cog

Oddly Unaware

Reply #2 - 04/20/12 at 11:30am
Print Post  
I recieved the same letter.  Kinda annoying that they don't seem to check status before mailing you stuff

Jack of all, Master of none
IP Logged

EAutry
Big Ring
In The Loop
Project Board

You know you'll feel better
if you ride today.....

Reply #3 - 04/20/12 at 2:07pm
Print Post  
In some instances this is happening when folks were a previous IMBA member before the Tarheel Trailblazers joined SORBA, and ended up with duplicate records. Same thing happened to me. I"m an active TTB/SORBA/IMBA member, but my old stand alone IMBA membership is expired. 

On the good side, I think IMBA is learning some of the nuiances of issues that can occur when a big long standing club like ours joins vs. a startup. 

If you ever have a question on the status of your membership just shoot over an email to the address I provided and I'll check.

One gear really is enough..but my knees have forced me to go 1x10.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print