Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Trail Project near NODA and TFKs Recyclery (Read 353 times)
EAutry
Big Ring
In The Loop
Project Board

You know you'll feel better
if you ride today.....

Trail Project near NODA and TFKs Recyclery
08/30/12 at 3:12pm
Print Post  
A good while ago the membership voted at one of our monthly meetings to spend $2500 of a $5000 grant we were awarded by Trips For Kids to match funds with a local community called Villa Heights that's trying to rebuild itself. This community is near Cordelia Park near the North Davidson area of Charlotte, and also near the Trips For Kids Recyclery where kids can work to earn a reconditioned bike. NODA may be one of the up and coming hip communities, but some of the surrounding area is pretty industrial and somewhat economically challenged in past years, and the Tarheel Trailblazers are going to partner with Mecklenburg County Park and Recreation and community leaders to lend a helping hand. I've also been in touch with TFKs and CABA leaders to try and make this more than just a Tarheel Trailblazer project, and hope to get REI involved also.

Anyway, I'm walking the land around noon on 9/11 with local leaders, Park and Recreation, hopefully a representative from CABA, and I've also let REI and TFKs know about this.

This won't be a destination trail for most of us, but what I'd call a give back to the community to show we'll help out when we can for the greater good.

As always I'll be putting "Help Wanted" posts out there once we see what's possible with the land and it's time for volunteers. Plan is to use a professional trail builder to punch the corridoor and then hand finish.

Edward Autry
President - Tarheel Trailblazers.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

One gear really is enough..but my knees have forced me to go 1x10.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print