Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) FEB MEETING - NEW LOCATION (Read 2339 times)
ivank
Coaster Bike

FEB MEETING - NEW LOCATION
01/21/13 at 11:14am
Print Post  
I hope everyone has had a great start to the new year.  The club is also going for a great start with a new location for our monthly meetings.  We are going to host our meetings at Dilworth Neighborhood Grille (911 East Morehead Street, at the corner of Morehead and McDowell).  The new venue will give us a chance to freshen up the meetings with a more social aspect.

The Dilworth Neighborhood site is (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

Please come on out early for a pre-meeting ride, then enjoy some good food and a short business meeting.  There will be more info posted up on urban rides before the meeting.  The February meeting is on the 7th.

If you have other ideas on making these meetings better, please let us know.

Thanks, and I hope to see you on February 7th!

-Ivan
TTB President
« Last Edit: 01/21/13 at 11:16am by ivank »  
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

StumpJumper90

Work Ride Tarheel Trailblazers

Re: FEB MEETING - NEW LOCATION
Reply #1 - 01/29/13 at 2:19am
Print Post  
Can this be updated on the home page? I assumed it was at fuel until I saw this.

Thanks.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

Vasco
Global Moderator
In The Loop
Project Board

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #2 - 02/02/13 at 4:40pm
Print Post  
With the TTB club meeting being moved to a new location we are going to do an urban assault ride from the Dilworth Neighborhood Grille. I will lead the ride starting from the parking lot with a departure time of 6PM sharp. The pace will be steady but not a death march. I'm looking for a hour ride time +/- so we can get back to change and order food and a tasty beverage before the meeting starts. For this ride you will need a head light and a tail light, a handle bar mounted bell would be a nice addition also. Please try and be self sufficient, spare tube and air a multi tool just like when you go on a trail ride, but I'm not going to leave anyone stranded either. I'm still developing the route and hope to be able to hand out a route sheet before the start. Come join the ride I think you will be surprised at what awaits your bike in town.
Doug S.

Spelling and grammatical errors are beyond my control it's the way I wired.

IP Logged

ivank
Coaster Bike

Reply #3 - 02/03/13 at 1:20pm
Print Post  
Doug - thanks for hosting this ride.  

For those worried about parking, here is a cut-sheet on where you can park nearby.  Neal Boyd has checked all of this with Dilworth Grill, so we should be good for parking!

Dilworth Grill is the orange teardrop in the middle of the image.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)
« Last Edit: 02/03/13 at 1:20pm by ivank »  

IP Logged

phattire
Little Ring

Reply #4 - 02/03/13 at 1:43pm
Print Post  
Didn't think about parking. I may not do the ride. Not sure about leaving the bikes on the back of the car during the meeting. Any suggestions?

MY GRASS IS BLUE!

IP Logged

Banjopickin
Big Ring

Spinnin' knees & Hittin'
trees since '85

Reply #5 - 02/04/13 at 5:02pm
Print Post  
Im coming from the Waxhaw/Monroe area if anyone needs a ride. Just give me a holler.

Advocat wrote on 08/22/13 at 5:16pm:
...packin some Chub in the back of the pick-up.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

catsruletn
IB Room
In The Loop
Project Board

My bike demands rights!!

Reply #6 - 02/04/13 at 5:10pm
Print Post  
If you take one or both tires off can you fit the bike inside your car?

Our doubts are traitors and make us lose the good we oft might win by fearing to attempt.

IP Logged

ivank
Coaster Bike

Reply #7 - 02/06/13 at 9:32pm
Print Post  
If you are at Dilworth grill by 6pm, there are usually some parking spaces open right in front of the restaurant.  There may also be available (and hi visibility) spaces open in front of the restaurant next door.

IP Logged

Vasco
Global Moderator
In The Loop
Project Board

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #8 - 02/07/13 at 9:41pm
Print Post  
We will not be doing the urban ride in the rain, especially because your ride leader woke up with a cold.
Doug S.

IP Logged

ivank
Coaster Bike

Reply #9 - 02/08/13 at 10:57am
Print Post  
Great meeting last night - had three first-timers and about 25 people total.  I don't know about anyone else, but I had an outstanding meal of Shrimp and grits.  I also like that I won't need to set up speakers for this location because you can hear people when they talk.

The videos we showed are a jump start - if club members have ride videos that they want to show - and have them loaded on a laptop they can bring to the meeting - please let know.

I really appreciate people getting out to the new meeting site, and I hope that everyone had a good time.  There were lots of people who stayed late watching videos and drinking adult beverages, so I'm guessing they had fun.

If there is anything else that could make the meetings better, please let us know. 

Look forward to seeing people on March 7th.
« Last Edit: 02/08/13 at 10:58am by ivank »  

IP Logged

superglide23
Small Cog

"Don't keep crawfish in
pockets without zippers."

Reply #10 - 02/08/13 at 4:30pm
Print Post  
the new meeting space at DNG is great. I believe it's the best we've used so far. 
had fun.

SS

IP Logged

Junithanx
Coaster Bike

Reply #11 - 02/09/13 at 7:35pm
Print Post  
Very nice.  Right around the corner from me. I hope to make it out starting in April and meet you guys.

IP Logged

Tom F
In The Loop

I'm ready. Get the bike.

March 2013 Meeting
Reply #12 - 03/03/13 at 1:48pm
Print Post  
The March 2013 Meeting is Thursday, March 7 th at Dilworth Neighborhood Grill 911 East Morehead Street, Charlotte, NC 28204. Meeting starts at 7:30 PM and runs to about 8:15 to 8:30. 
There is a pre meeting Social Urban Assault Ride at 6:00 PM to 7:00 PM leaving from the DNG parking lot. Bring bike, helmet, and head lamp and tail lamp. 

2011 (frame) Santa Cruz Superlight & Stumpy Comp (1999), 2017 Tallboy C RX2
22Levo

IP Logged

Vasco
Global Moderator
In The Loop
Project Board

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #13 - 03/06/13 at 2:28am
Print Post  
We will not be having the social urban assault because they leader of the ride is on vacation and can't make it. I will be able to lead the ride on the April meeting and hope to have some back up trained by then. 
My apologies,
Doug S.

IP Logged

Tom F
In The Loop

I'm ready. Get the bike.

March 7 Meeting
Reply #14 - 03/06/13 at 8:44pm
Print Post  
OK VASCO.
I have cancelled the ride on the facebook page. 
Hope everyone will attend the meeting at Dilworth Neighborhood Grill 911 East Morehead Street. Starts at 7:30 PM

Tom

2011 (frame) Santa Cruz Superlight & Stumpy Comp (1999), 2017 Tallboy C RX2
22Levo

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print