Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) TreeShaker MTB Race is Just 2 Weeks Away!!! (Read 2070 times)
donking
In The Loop
Project Board

TreeShaker MTB Race is Just 2 Weeks Away!!!
05/30/13 at 8:08pm
Print Post  
It's just 2 weeks until the big bad Tree Shaker 8 and 4 Hour Mountain Bike Challenge on June 15th @ Anne Springs Close Greenway! Get your team together or go solo and sign up today. You don't want to miss it!

Race registration can be found at (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) ;   

WHAT?
The 2013 Tree Shaker MTB Challenge is a 8 hour and 4 hour mountain bike race that will challenge participants both physically and mentally.

WHEN?
Saturday, June 15 from 9AM to 5PM.
Early event registration through June 14
Day of registration: 7:00AM-8:30AM

WHERE?
The event will be held at Anne Springs Close Greenway mountain bike trails. The course distance will be roughly nine miles of awesome singletrack at the 2300 acre park.
START/FINISH will be located at the Field Trial Barn on Springs Parkway.  The Tree Shaker is run in the clockwise direction on the Greenway.

WHO?
Open to all, with 14 categories!

8 Hour Categories
Solo Male*, Solo Female*,
Solo Single Speed*, Solo Masters 40+*
Duo Male, Duo Female, Duo Coed
Three Person Open

4 Hour Categories
Solo Male*, Solo Female*,
Solo Single Speed*, Solo Masters 40+*
Duo Male, Duo Female

We are working on the post race meal...soon to be posted. We have confirmed that Olde Mecklenburg Brewery will be providing cold frosty beverages after the race. YUMMY!!! 

For more info, visit (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

DoubleD
Coaster Bike

Work Ride Tarheel Trailblazers

Re: TreeShaker MTB Race is Just 2 Weeks Away!!!
Reply #1 - 06/03/13 at 8:38pm
Print Post  
Can we park at the Barn to pre-ride, or do we need to drive around to the sports complex or whatever that place is with the ball fields?

Thanks

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

Woods Rider
Small Cog

I wanna ride

Reply #2 - 06/04/13 at 12:30pm
Print Post  
This time of year there are a lot of things going on at the barn.
If there is a wedding, family or some other gathering going on just park in the parking area by the Kiosk. If there is something going on there just don't ride up to the barn.

Government has no reason to use common sense or be efficient as it pays no price for failure.

IP Logged

FourMat
Coaster Bike

No, Really, I Meant To
Do That

Reply #3 - 06/10/13 at 1:08am
Print Post  
OK, Another category registration questions.  I'm gonna do the 8 hour.  I'm 40+, but am wondering which category do I need to enter Open Men or 40+ Masters.  On the road, "Masters" is a category I would not touch because it chock full of hot shot former pro's and I get dropped off the line.  Is this the same in the MTB world?  Or is 40+ where I belong on this one?  Thanks for the help.

IP Logged

Yellowduck
Big Ring

Reply #4 - 06/10/13 at 1:59pm
Print Post  
40+ is what I'm registering.  There will be some fast cats in both age groups.

"Riding skinny is too easy"
-MB
IP Logged

donking
In The Loop
Project Board

Reply #5 - 06/10/13 at 5:56pm
Print Post  

Help need help THIS Tuesday, June 11 at 4pm. I know its last minute but we just got the green light from ASCG and we need to fix a couple of the big holes.

We are planning to work on the trails at Springs and get them ready for the upcoming race this weekend.  ASCG staff has been working on trimming back the over grown areas and we plan to fix a couple trouble spots on the trails at Anne Springs Close Greenway this Tuesday, one of which is the big hole on Sugar Island. We are meeting at the Recreation Complex at 4pm. If you can help, please shoot me a note. Please pass this along to anyone who might be available to help out.

Cheers
Neal

nealboyd@charlottesportscycling.com

IP Logged

donking
In The Loop
Project Board

Reply #6 - 06/12/13 at 10:41am
Print Post  
Knocked out some great work last night at ASCG for the race this weekend.   We fixed the big hole on Sugar Island by dragging an eight foot pallet bridge all the way back to the hole.  WOW, that was a chore getting that heavy a$$ bridge halfway through the Sugar Island loop.  We will no longer have any missing mountain bikers due to the big hole on Sugar.  Grin

Special thinks to Doug, Isaiah, Justin and Rodney for all pitching in to help out!!

IP Logged

Enoch
Forum Administrator
IB Room
Project Board
In The Loop

Walked with God and he
was not

Reply #7 - 06/12/13 at 4:26pm
Print Post  

Uhhh, Special thanks to Neal Boyd for spending $$$$$ out of his pocket for the bridge materials  to shore up these trails
« Last Edit: 06/12/13 at 5:08pm by Enoch »  

Do what you like. Stop hating people for their riding habits and get back to hating them for their skin color, religion, politics, and sexual orientation.

IP Logged

FourMat
Coaster Bike

No, Really, I Meant To
Do That

Reply #8 - 06/13/13 at 8:13pm
Print Post  
Ok, so never having done an event like this, I have a few questions.  How does the finishing order work with a timed event such as this?  Say I'm crossing the start finish at hour 7:59, will I go another full lap making it essentially a 8:45-9 hour race?

IP Logged

Yellowduck
Big Ring

Reply #9 - 06/13/13 at 9:35pm
Print Post  
FourMat wrote on 06/13/13 at 8:13pm:
Ok, so never having done an event like this, I have a few questions.  How does the finishing order work with a timed event such as this?  Say I'm crossing the start finish at hour 7:59, will I go another full lap making it essentially a 8:45-9 hour race?

There will be a cut-off time you will have to make to be able to do another lap.  I can't remember but is seems like it is like at 7.5 hours.  Also sometimes there is a total time you have to be done.  If you don't make the cut-off, the lap you are on does not count (which sucks if it happens).  Again, I can't remember if Neil does that or not.

"Riding skinny is too easy"
-MB
IP Logged

Vasco
Global Moderator
In The Loop
Project Board

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #10 - 06/14/13 at 1:20am
Print Post  
I rode the ladder bridge this afternoon and the mud on both sides has dried up and packed in nicely. Looks as if there was only 1/4 of an inch of rain at Springs tonight. That should dry of nicely by Saturday.
Doug S.

Spelling and grammatical errors are beyond my control it's the way I wired.

IP Logged

team_ssr
Big Ring

Do hard things

Reply #11 - 06/14/13 at 4:06am
Print Post  
FourMat wrote on 06/13/13 at 8:13pm:

Race starts at 9:00am. Last lap is 4:30. 

You can stop at, say 4:26 and not lose any positions if no rider in your class makes the cut-off and completes another lap.  There aren't really any dnf's.

Deo Volente
IP Logged

donking
In The Loop
Project Board

Reply #12 - 06/14/13 at 12:44pm
Print Post  
That is correct, as long as you complete one lap...we give everyone a finish.   

Last lap for the 8 hour race is 4:30pm so no participants will take off on the course after 4:30pm.

IP Logged

KitJ BBQman
Big Ring

This is gonna hurt!

Reply #13 - 06/19/13 at 7:36pm
Print Post  
donking wrote on 06/12/13 at 10:41am:
Knocked out some great work last night at ASCG for the race this weekend.   We fixed the big hole on Sugar Island by dragging an eight foot pallet bridge all the way back to the hole.  WOW, that was a chore getting that heavy a$$ bridge halfway through the Sugar Island loop.  We will no longer have any missing mountain bikers due to the big hole on Sugar.  Grin

Special thinks to Doug, Isaiah, Justin and Rodney for all pitching in to help out!!

A huge thanks to all of you that did this work!  Smiley  Did you happen to do anything with the washed out muddy section before the north tunnel on the complex side where folks have made go-arounds?

I used to ride; now I just drink and cry about not riding.
AIM  
IP Logged

49erRider
Ex Member

Reply #14 - 06/19/13 at 8:21pm
Print Post  
The amount of mud out there yesterday was crazy.  Got in about 5 minutes then hiked the bike out.  Went and did a few laps on praire which still looked like some trucks drove through it at a few parts.   

Maybe since you were able to do some work here, who do I contact about cutting in drains, or clearing mud holes?  Or should I just do it?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print