Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Print
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) BYT wet (Read 3626 times)
worker-rider
In The Loop

BYT wet
06/08/13 at 11:08pm
Print Post  
Was out walking around there today and it is really wet. Checking the closest rain gauge nearly 5 inches of rain in 5 days please let it dry out for a few days. This also goes for the rest of the trails in the area. I hope the people who were out riding BYT today see this. Your trail coordinators and helpers would like to thank the people who respect the work that others put in so we ALL have a place to ride. Use your best judgment if it is to wet leave or come out to a workday and see what it takes to keep trails up and running.  

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

WVUJDUB
Coaster Bike

Work Ride Tarheel Trailblazers

Re: BYT wet
Reply #1 - 06/10/13 at 1:31pm
Print Post  
I gave it a go yesterday before the rain hit again and  its in rough shape. I bailed after a few miles and many crashes. Its going to need a few days to recover, one of the berms on the new(er) section was a pond.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

slayemf
Big Ring

Reply #2 - 06/10/13 at 8:37pm
Print Post  
honestly give it a week or until Friday, I am going to go out there on Wensday to check if anything is down and try and clear some of it.. If you have nothing to do on wens let me know and we can meet out there..Thanks Guys...

IP Logged

worker-rider
In The Loop

Reply #3 - 06/10/13 at 9:15pm
Print Post  
Thanks Rocky I will be down for a few days. Let me know where stuff is down and I will talk to plant manager so we can drive in and take care of it. Way to much rain! Does anyone know who the twitter fellow is? I would like to know.

IP Logged

adampierson1
Coaster Bike

Reply #4 - 06/12/13 at 2:56pm
Print Post  
Any updates on the trail condition?

IP Logged

Clinton
Coaster Bike

Reply #5 - 06/12/13 at 3:00pm
Print Post  
adampierson1 wrote on 06/12/13 at 2:56pm:
Any updates on the trail condition?

I live in the neighborhood and my yard is still soaked, usually the correlation is pretty spot on  Smiley

IP Logged

kawsakimx6
Big Ring

Just cause i can't do
it, don't mean i won't
try.

Reply #6 - 06/12/13 at 3:01pm
Print Post  
Clinton wrote on 06/12/13 at 3:00pm:

I live in the neighborhood and my yard is still soaked, usually the correlation is pretty spot on  Smiley

yep same here

IP Logged

worker-rider
In The Loop

Reply #7 - 06/12/13 at 5:54pm
Print Post  
Just got a call from Rocky. Trail is in very bad shape. Seems people don't care about the damage they cause. I am heading out there right now to take a look. I really shouldnt but with all the people who don't give a s!!t I really have no choice. Thanks Rocky for going out while I am not able. Please let trail dry out!

IP Logged

Advocat
In The Loop
Project Board

Reply #8 - 06/12/13 at 8:14pm
Print Post  
worker-rider wrote on 06/12/13 at 5:54pm:
J I am heading out there right now to take a look. I really shouldnt but with all the people who don't give a s!!t I really have no choice. 

Worker, don't bring your concealed weapon!
« Last Edit: 06/12/13 at 8:15pm by Advocat »  

TRAILS........................................CONNECT........................................PEOPLE

IP Logged

adampierson1
Coaster Bike

Reply #9 - 06/12/13 at 8:18pm
Print Post  
Thanks for the update; those trails stay wet longer than most.  I was hoping with the warm weather the drying process would be faster...wishful thinking.

IP Logged

worker-rider
In The Loop

Reply #10 - 06/13/13 at 12:27am
Print Post  
Was out there today and walked some of it and it is a mess and muddy. Trees are down in a few places and quite a few branches down all over. I guess with the next storm on thursday it will need plenty of work. Will post a workday for saturday. I could use some help and a couple of chainsaws. I hope that some of you will give up a day of riding and help out. I saw at least 3 large trees down and lots of limbs. I have gotten permission to drive in through the plant.   

IP Logged

slayemf
Big Ring

Reply #11 - 06/13/13 at 12:45am
Print Post  
OK basically it is like this you dweebs,, if the trail you ride and know that if it get's wet and you know it takes time to dry then the obvious thing would to be not to ride the trail. The End...You wanna help, get off the bike and help , We are aprredciated much of this from yall that do.. BYT is not your average trail... it has levels or shall I say elevations in it that take a time or two to dry.. Give the trail at least a week for some nasty downpoors we have had.. It is dellicate but likes to be rode hard and nasty but we the builders like to have you try and help preserve such a kick azz trail... Help us help you and help with the mainatance of this place. The End.

IP Logged

hudsontp
Big Ring

Reply #12 - 06/13/13 at 1:27am
Print Post  
That was me honking at you Scott... Dont worry i didnt mess up your trail, took out the roadie... Surprising it is still so bad shape tho, since renni was pretty excellent yesterday... Went to ride the short track and ended up riding the trail because it was so dry...

IP Logged

adampierson1
Coaster Bike

Reply #13 - 06/13/13 at 2:37am
Print Post  
I saw several guys riding in and out of the trail today while driving by; might not hurt to have a neighborhood member put a chain up in the future to help with awareness.  I live close by and can put one up if needed.

IP Logged

isitwinteryet
Big Ring

in soviet russia, bike
steal you!

Reply #14 - 06/13/13 at 2:39am
Print Post  
booby trap trails whenever a storm system comes through

take them down when it opens back up

simple

IP Logged

worker-rider
In The Loop

Reply #15 - 06/13/13 at 3:02am
Print Post  
Adampierson if that is something that you would like to take on please do. I will get you the stuff to do it or if you do it I will reimburse you. I am working on something else that may take care of that problem. May take a little while though. isitwinteryet come on out and lend a hand Saturday. Get off the keyboard and make a difference. The trails are in really bad shape from all the rain and as many of you know that place takes longer to dry out because of the poo dirt. Advocat and Todd come on out and lend a hand. I had an accident and I am not able to do all of this on my own.

IP Logged

isitwinteryet
Big Ring

in soviet russia, bike
steal you!

Reply #16 - 06/13/13 at 12:56pm
Print Post  
scott i'll be out of town saturday so can't help put up booby traps this week.  will make up for it sometime though and help out

IP Logged

stateprez
Little Ring

Reply #17 - 06/13/13 at 1:22pm
Print Post  
worker-rider wrote on 06/13/13 at 3:02am:
I am working on something else that may take care of that problem.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)
Barrett with an IMBA logo?  We could get some .50 cal bean bag rounds.

IP Logged

Captain Awesome
Small Cog

Work, Ride, Repeat

Reply #18 - 06/13/13 at 1:46pm
Print Post  
stateprez wrote on 06/13/13 at 1:22pm:

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)
Barrett with an IMBA logo?  We could get some .50 cal bean bag rounds.

Bean bag? Even just the concussion from 55,000-65,000psi of muzzle pressure should run off any unsavory types.

Stand anywhere even remotely forward of the 4oclock or 8 oclock position on someone firing a .50 and you won't soon forget it.

IP Logged

Go-rilla
Coaster Bike

Like 'em big n squishy

Reply #19 - 06/13/13 at 7:06pm
Print Post  
got a couple hours can go put in grunt labor on Saturday. Recommendations for areas that need most 'basic' work. (talking digging, clearing manual grunt work) I can haul in basic bow saw, and shovel but not much else. (short on time, long on muscle)  Grin

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Print