Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Can't ride? Live World Cup DH this AM (Read 1548 times)
teamdicky
Big Ring

Which way is out?

Can't ride? Live World Cup DH this AM
06/09/13 at 1:01pm
Print Post  
9:45 EST

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

twinsdad
Ex Member

Re: Can't ride? Live World Cup DH this AM
Reply #1 - 06/09/13 at 9:01pm
Print Post  
Gotta love those Atherton's!!

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

deucedeuce
Coaster Bike

Reply #2 - 06/09/13 at 11:16pm
Print Post  
dem athertons...and local boy luca shaw... but i heard through the grapevine dicky did ride today...

IP Logged

teamdicky
Big Ring

Which way is out?

Reply #3 - 06/10/13 at 12:07am
Print Post  
I won the Postuhn World Cup.

IP Logged

slayemf
Big Ring

Work Ride Tarheel Trailblazers

Reply #4 - 06/10/13 at 12:43am
Print Post  
don't get me started,, I am a full on junkie when it comes time for the DH series every year,, Gee deserved this and his sister won to. Great rides from both but the most impressed ride of the day was Sam Hill.. He crushed it. For all you DH guys this is raceing , this is our NASCAR , this is what we all dream of doing but end up just crushing the XC miles. Being 42 I came into this sport a little older than most, I started 3 years back and had no idea what was in store for me. I am a DH fan from the begining but love all the local riders around here and respect them for what they do,, being XC, Enduro , DH or just trail ride. We all love this two wheel therapy...DH is the most exelirating part of the sport. Some hate the climb but the rewards are so sweet... DOWNHILL... holding your line and just getting to the bottom is a victory to me... Go fast and smile all the way down and pray you don't hit a tree. DH takes a certain mental state going fast and watching these guys do this is insane both physically and mentally. I know I will never get to that claiber of rideing but it is sure fun to try..Just Sayin and one more thing Respect goes out to Dicky for the Transylvania race.. he represents a bread of guys that are  few and far between from most of the spandex junkies around here..He is a Mtn. Biker and that is all you need to know...Not trying to blow smoke up your azz Dicky but it is  always a treat to talk to you and read your articles in Dirt Rag magazine...The End
\
« Last Edit: 06/10/13 at 12:46am by slayemf »  

IP Logged

The Cycle Path
IB Room
In The Loop
Project Board

Treasurer '11 to '18.
Trail Chair '12-'18,
'20-'21

Reply #5 - 06/10/13 at 10:36am
Print Post  
Local Jay Fesperman did his first international WC DH race riding for Yeti and took 16th!!  Go, Jay!!

We carry the finest from Specialized, Yeti, Transition, and Kona.
IP Logged

JR
Big Ring

Reply #6 - 06/10/13 at 10:57am
Print Post  
In case you missed it and have 2+ hours needing burned...

"Don't rely on those who won't try"

IP Logged

hudsontp
Big Ring

Reply #7 - 06/10/13 at 11:13am
Print Post  
BTW... beech opened this weekend, so why watch when you go ride? None of the "closed due to rain" either....

IP Logged

RobP
Big Ring

Reply #8 - 06/10/13 at 1:18pm
Print Post  
JR wrote on 06/10/13 at 10:57am:
In case you missed it and have 2+ hours needing burned...

I just dont understand why a network, even a cable network doesnt pick this stuff up.  That was much better than watching fishing or bowling.  Although I did fast forward through some of it.  It would have made an awesome hour long broadcast, which is what 44 minutes of view time?

hudsontp wrote on 06/10/13 at 11:13am:
BTW... beech opened this weekend, so why watch when you go ride? None of the "closed due to rain" either....

Headed there next weekend.  Saturday for sure, maybe Friday afternoon too.  How are the amenities at the bottom of the mountain?  Will my wife be completely bored after 5 minutes or did they open anything up?  Add some seating other than those 2 picnic tables?

IP Logged

hudsontp
Big Ring

Reply #9 - 06/10/13 at 1:34pm
Print Post  
Amenities are better than last year but your wife will be bored after 4 minutes. The restaurant is open (bugers and chicken fingers and such for $9) with a few beer choiced... bike shop/rental run by Magic Cycles is open, and the store (clothes and such) is open. None of that was open last year... but not much to do other than take pics if you're tagging along.

Probably heading up again later this month... there may be only 2 real trails... but 15+ runs in a day is still amazing...

IP Logged

RobP
Big Ring

Reply #10 - 06/10/13 at 1:40pm
Print Post  
hudsontp wrote on 06/10/13 at 1:34pm:
Amenities are better than last year but your wife will be bored after 4 minutes. The restaurant is open (bugers and chicken fingers and such for $9) with a few beer choiced... bike shop/rental run by Magic Cycles is open, and the store (clothes and such) is open. None of that was open last year... but not much to do other than take pics if you're tagging along....

Good to know.  So she will probably take the car and head to Blowing Rock, so long as she comes back to get me I guess that works for me.

Probably heading up again later this month... there may be only 2 real trails... but 15+ runs in a day is still amazing...

The "practice" days last year were fun, so if they just keep adding, even if it is slowly it warrants once or twice a month for sure.  Especially when the temps here reach 100+

IP Logged

hudsontp
Big Ring

Reply #11 - 06/10/13 at 1:45pm
Print Post  
According to guys guys at the shop (really good guys...helped out rocky with a few things) there is a trailbuilder coming down this week from Snowshoe to build for 3 weeks... hopefully they get enough business to justify staying open and expanding... Hope a lot more people go and try it out...it'll be great to get a proper bike park running/thriving in NC

IP Logged

RobP
Big Ring

Reply #12 - 06/10/13 at 1:55pm
Print Post  
there may be only 2 real trails... but 15+ runs in a day is still amazing...

And just for anyone that hasn't been that is reading this.  There are actually 3 trails, but given the way it breaks down there are really 7 ways down the mountain.
Start                   End
1) Pro                 Pro
2) Pro                 Sport
3) Pro                 Beginner
4) Sport              Sport
5) Sport              Pro
6) Sport              Beginner
7) Beginner         Beginner

They have trail names now, but that's how it broke down last year.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print