Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) RRT open 6/12 (Read 1536 times)
Watcher
Little Ring

I Love YaBB 2!

RRT open 6/12
06/12/13 at 12:21am
Print Post  
It will be ok to ride but the storm Monday evening put a lot of limbs down and a some trees. I cleared several brush piles but there are plenty more I'm sure. It will be several days before I can get time to clear all. My schedule is pretty full, going to be helping a family member move Sat. Just be prepared to walk a few spots. I hope there is nothing as big as the oak several weeks back. We had a pretty good rain Tues morn also.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time.

IP Logged

MountainCycle
Big Ring

Unelite p***^. Heartbreak
lover.

Re: RRT open 6/12
Reply #1 - 06/12/13 at 1:08am
Print Post  
My schedules free if you can post up some work needs tomorrow or Thursday. And thanks for all you do and have done to create this masterpiece. Your passion is f'ing awesome and you deserve a break.
« Last Edit: 06/12/13 at 1:09am by MountainCycle »  
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

HotpinkHarorigidSpecializedEnduroFSRMountainCycleSanAndreasGaryFisherCobiaTrekSuperflyEliteCanfieldbrothersyelliscreamySantaCruzSuperlight29SurlyPugs nother'YelliScreamySalsaTimberjackYTJeffsy27

IP Logged

isitwinteryet
Big Ring

in soviet russia, bike
steal you!

Reply #2 - 06/12/13 at 2:03am
Print Post  
if i make it out there i will try to pul any fallen branches and stuff out of the way.  thanks for being the only brave one to open

IP Logged

KitJ BBQman
Big Ring

This is gonna hurt!

Reply #3 - 06/12/13 at 3:45am
Print Post  
isitwinteryet wrote on 06/12/13 at 2:03am:
if i make it out there i will try to pul any fallen branches and stuff out of the way.  thanks for being the only brave one to open

Winter, this is the first sane statement I think I have seen from you; way to go!  And I'm not trying to stir the pot; just thankful.

I used to ride; now I just drink and cry about not riding.
AIM  
IP Logged

Watcher
Little Ring

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #4 - 06/12/13 at 1:24pm
Print Post  
If anyone has a folding saw they can carry while they ride it would come in handy in removing most of what is ran into. I know there is one section couple hundred feet after the valley bridge that will take a chain saw to get the bigger pieces or may be able to be moved to side after the limbs are cut. Have no idea what is around the old barn or Stairway. Any help much appreciated by me and your fellow riders. 

Keep an eye out for that little bypass trail if you want to skip that first section that goes by the river. It is not really any worse than normal after rain and is clear.

IP Logged

The Cycle Path
IB Room
In The Loop
Project Board

Treasurer '11 to '18.
Trail Chair '12-'18,
'20-'21

Reply #5 - 06/12/13 at 1:57pm
Print Post  
isitwinteryet wrote on 06/12/13 at 2:03am:

Has nothing to do with being brave. Smiley

We carry the finest from Specialized, Yeti, Transition, and Kona.
IP Logged

isitwinteryet
Big Ring

in soviet russia, bike
steal you!

Reply #6 - 06/12/13 at 3:06pm
Print Post  
The Cycle Path wrote on 06/12/13 at 1:57pm:

Has nothing to do with being brave. Smiley

idk i look at the front page and dont see any other trails with the cojones it takes

and thanks? bbqguy  Huh

IP Logged

Yellowduck
Big Ring

Work Ride Tarheel Trailblazers

Reply #7 - 06/12/13 at 5:30pm
Print Post  
isitwinteryet wrote on 06/12/13 at 3:06pm:

idk i look at the front page and dont see any other trails with the cojones it takes

and thanks? bbqguy  Huh

You might need to look again.  Sherman and LNSP are open.

"Riding skinny is too easy"
-MB
IP Logged

isitwinteryet
Big Ring

in soviet russia, bike
steal you!

Reply #8 - 06/12/13 at 6:00pm
Print Post  
Yellowduck wrote on 06/12/13 at 5:30pm:

You might need to look again.  Sherman and LNSP are open.

good for them.  they werent when i wrote that!   Shocked Shocked

IP Logged

Watcher
Little Ring

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #9 - 06/13/13 at 12:03am
Print Post  
Thanks to all who worked out at RRT today. Rod I spoke with and I believe he had done a tremendous amount of limb clearing and informed me it was good till the exit of the gorge climb. Think he said there were a couple big trunks left on that piece that will require the chainsaw. 

Thanks again to all who have helped. I know that there is a big tree where the noose used to be. I believe it can be ridden around or easy walked around. If there is any info on trouble spots after the gorge please post the locations.

IP Logged

FourMat
Coaster Bike

No, Really, I Meant To
Do That

Reply #10 - 06/13/13 at 10:44pm
Print Post  
With this latest round of storms there's probably a lot more debris blocking the trails now.  Just tried to drive in the area around RRT and there were trees blocking 601 and Flowes Store Road as well as a tree on a house on Flowes.   

Be careful if you go out there in the next day or so...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print