Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Tree down Laurel Loop and Wildlife Loop (Read 1307 times)
ChadM
Small Cog

don't waste your time
or time will waste you

Tree down Laurel Loop and Wildlife Loop
06/15/13 at 4:45pm
Print Post  
I came across a tree down on the first quarter mile of Fox Loop.  It can be ridden over.  A couple of guys could drag off trail, one guy not so much.  Shortly after the connector trail  to Wildlife on Laurel is a  large pine.  Chainsaw will be needed.  I pulled some of the downed trees off the trail. But these are too big.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

I use to be aircooled

IP Logged

BigBikeMike
Project Board

Work Ride Tarheel Trailblazers

Re: Tree down Laurel Loop and Wildlife Loop
Reply #1 - 06/16/13 at 12:57am
Print Post  
Thanks Chad, I'm coming up in the morning early and will get those trees. If there are anymore trees down, please post the location and I'll get those also, Mike.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

BigBikeMike
Project Board

Reply #2 - 06/18/13 at 1:16am
Print Post  
The trees are gone on Fox,Laurel and Norwood Creek Loops. I was told that Monbo was good, but don't know about the other loops. If someone finds anymore trees, please post what loop and location(red sign).

IP Logged

HEADSUP
Coaster Bike

Reply #3 - 06/21/13 at 2:13pm
Print Post  
Small tree/big branch down on Monbo. I slid it to the side (hope thats ok) May need to be cut up. It is about a 1 to 1.5 from the end of trail in current direction. RC

This was last night at 8:00. O yea and I cleared out all of the Spider webs with my Face..... HA HA HA . Your Welcome Wink .
« Last Edit: 06/21/13 at 2:16pm by HEADSUP »  

Lets ride!!!

IP Logged

BigBikeMike
Project Board

Reply #4 - 06/22/13 at 1:51am
Print Post  
Thanks Headsup, I'll be there tomorrow morning to do some work and will get that tree. I think I saw it the last time I rode Monbo, but didn't get back over there to cut it. I think a folding saw will take care of that tree. Thanks again and go ride before the rain comes back, Mike.

IP Logged

BigBikeMike
Project Board

Reply #5 - 06/22/13 at 10:34pm
Print Post  
I found a tree on the Laurel Loop after the long climb from the creek crossing and cleared it. I did move a tree on Monbo and that was all I saw. Weed wacked the grass from the trail going to Wildlife Loop. Lets hope it doesn't rain so we can ride again, Mike.

IP Logged

phattire
Little Ring

Reply #6 - 06/22/13 at 10:39pm
Print Post  
Mike you are a one man trail crew! Take a brake and lets go ride, and leave the trail tools behind. Really thanks for all you do!!!

MY GRASS IS BLUE!

IP Logged

raidermtb
Coaster Bike

Reply #7 - 06/23/13 at 2:44am
Print Post  
I rode lake norman today I rode three of the green loops. Awesome trail you guys that work on this trail do a great job and you know what a real mountain bike trail should be like keep it the way it is. Next time guys are out there to do some work let me know I would like to help. Please don't add any wooden jumps to these trail. They are great the way that they are I had a blast this will be my saturday ride every week that the trail is open. No offense I like the jumps and obstacles that some the other trails in the area have but I think lake norman enough challenges the way it is for riders of all levals. Once again great job to the guys that work hard to maintain this trail system.

IP Logged

BigBikeMike
Project Board

Reply #8 - 06/23/13 at 11:34pm
Print Post  
Hey raidermtb, it was nice to meet you today and I will let you know the next time I'm doing some work on the trails, Mike.

IP Logged

raidermtb
Coaster Bike

Reply #9 - 06/23/13 at 11:59pm
Print Post  
Thanks it was nice to meet you to. Hope you didn't work to hard today. I had fun riding today I think I will stay with the three green loops we where talking about today until I get in better shape. I plan on giving mombo anothef shot in the fall.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print