Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic RRT 6-15 (Read 1187 times)
Titus

Work Ride Tarheel Trailblazers

RRT 6-15
06/16/13 at 1:34pm
Print Post  
Rocky River Trail - Sat 6-15 Tons of trees down.  Big Trees.  Multiple parts of the trail covered. More hiking than biking.  Ended up going to Sherman.  I guess the 28025 zip code had serious wind gusts around 5 pm Thursday 6-13... 

Time (EDT) 5:10 PM      Temp. 78.8 °F      Dew Point      64.4 °F Humidity 61%      Pressure 29.85 in      Visibility 1.0 mi      Wind Dir West      Wind Speed 40.3 mph      Gust Speed 61.0 mph      Conditions Heavy Thunderstorms and Rain

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

Yellowduck
Big Ring

Work Ride Tarheel Trailblazers

Re: RRT 6-15
Reply #1 - 06/16/13 at 2:16pm
Print Post  
Yes we got hammered with wind.  Lots of power outages also.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

"Riding skinny is too easy"
-MB
IP Logged

Watcher
Little Ring

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #2 - 06/16/13 at 2:31pm
Print Post  
I have not been out on trail since Tuesday due to other commitments. My brother told me it was a real mess. When I get to it and it's cleared it up I'll post that it has been done. I doubt that it'll be any time soon.

Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time.

IP Logged

Cherokee
Little Ring

Reply #3 - 06/16/13 at 11:56pm
Print Post  
I'm really sad to hear how bad RRT got hit, but I somewhat expected it. This Parks Lafferty/Flowes Store Rd East corrider seems to have been hit harder than any of the surrounding areas that I've seen. I had flashbacks to Hugo. Our power was gone in the first 5 minutes. But combined with the saturated ground, I'm surprised the damage in this area was not even worse. 

Losing RRT AND URE at once is a real blow.  Undecided

"The state is the great fiction by which each of us seeks to live at the expense of all of us."    --19th century French economist Frederic Bastiat

IP Logged

MountainCycle
Big Ring

Unelite p***^. Heartbreak
lover.

Reply #4 - 06/17/13 at 12:34am
Print Post  
Cherokee wrote on 06/16/13 at 11:56pm:
I'm really sad to hear how bad RRT got hit, but I somewhat expected it. This Parks Lafferty/Flowes Store Rd East corrider seems to have been hit harder than any of the surrounding areas that I've seen. I had flashbacks to Hugo. Our power was gone in the first 5 minutes. But combined with the saturated ground, I'm surprised the damage in this area was not even worse. 

Losing RRT AND URE at once is a real blow.  Undecided

It does blow. Watcher, post up a workday? Possibly next weekend? Smiley I would love to see a group out there to knock it out.

HotpinkHarorigidSpecializedEnduroFSRMountainCycleSanAndreasGaryFisherCobiaTrekSuperflyEliteCanfieldbrothersyelliscreamySantaCruzSuperlight29SurlyPugs nother'YelliScreamySalsaTimberjackYTJeffsy27

IP Logged

isitwinteryet
Big Ring

in soviet russia, bike
steal you!

Reply #5 - 06/17/13 at 3:27am
Print Post  
so what are you all gonna wait for steve to take care of it himself?  clean off the t rail if yuou see soem debris'!

IP Logged

Watcher
Little Ring

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #6 - 06/17/13 at 2:11pm
Print Post  
With all respect this is much more than a normal wind damage with a few trees and debris. My brother and I are working at it as time allows. Trust me there will be ample opportunity for everyone that wishes to help remove some debris once the trail is in ride instead of hike conditions. Good thing is that the bulk of the damage is in the gorge No Name area. The stairway and all the quartz rock garden areas are fine. 

Please do not take it on yourself to go in with a chainsaw as much as I appreciate the intentions. You are welcome to clear any debris however.

Bare with us over the next few weeks.

Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time.

IP Logged

worker-rider
In The Loop

Reply #7 - 06/17/13 at 9:54pm
Print Post  
Steve if you need a hand pm me I am only 10 min away. I have 2 saws and know what I am doing. If you need help I have time this weekend or after 5. Can we turn any of them into something fun?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print