Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) RR Trail 6/18 (Read 1835 times)
Enoch
Forum Administrator
IB Room
Project Board
In The Loop

Walked with God and he
was not

RR Trail 6/18
06/19/13 at 1:20am
Print Post  
RRT should be good to go providing we don't get a ton of rain tonight. 

There may be a couple of spots that still need a little attention, but the bulk of the trail should be very rideable. If you see a stick, kick it off.

You will want to skip Chunky. It has not been cleared as of yet. I will tape it off tomorrow afternoon. If someone gets there before me, pile some limbs in front of the entrance of it. There should be plenty to chose from.

Many thanks to, Oden, Worker Rider, Rod, DZack, FourMat, Noel, Jim, Kenny, and Steve for thier massive effort out there today.

Lets go ride.   Smiley
« Last Edit: 06/19/13 at 2:17am by Enoch »  
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

Do what you like. Stop hating people for their riding habits and get back to hating them for their skin color, religion, politics, and sexual orientation.

IP Logged

FourMat
Coaster Bike

No, Really, I Meant To
Do That

Re: RR Trail 6/18
Reply #1 - 06/19/13 at 2:47am
Print Post  
Much respect to you guys running the chain saws.  Those trees were huge, and cocked like massive catapults.  I haven't seen anything like that since Hugo blew through, or a tornado ripped behind my parents house in the 90s.

I did see one larger tree across the trail on my way out.  I think it was part way up the gorge climb.  Not quite rideable on the uphill, if memory serves, so probably needed cut out, if you didn't catch it on your way out.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

KitJ BBQman
Big Ring

This is gonna hurt!

Reply #2 - 06/19/13 at 2:02pm
Print Post  
Thanks to all of you guys for all of the trail work you do.

Oden, how many trails are on your rotation, work rotation, that is? I've heard of you working RRT, BYT, PRP, Renni, Beatty, and maybe even Fisher Farm.  Wow! Many thanks!

I used to ride; now I just drink and cry about not riding.
AIM  
IP Logged

DZack
Coaster Bike

GO BLUE.

Reply #3 - 06/19/13 at 4:57pm
Print Post  
Oden and Jerry are all about safety first when using those saws.  Those were some of the biggest trees I've seen cut out, someone very easily could have been injured if it was for the strategic cutting of these 2 guys.. 

Thanks again Steve for letting us on your beautiful piece of property.

IMBA member.
IP Logged

Enoch
Forum Administrator
IB Room
Project Board
In The Loop

Walked with God and he
was not

Reply #4 - 06/19/13 at 8:05pm
Print Post  
Everything except for Chunky is clear sailing. That portion of trail has been taped off. 

There are a couple of small logs that are easily rolled over.  No need to dismount for anything.  Feel free to clear a stick or two if you are riding.

Trail is good shape.
« Last Edit: 06/19/13 at 8:21pm by Enoch »  

Do what you like. Stop hating people for their riding habits and get back to hating them for their skin color, religion, politics, and sexual orientation.

IP Logged

ludey
Small Cog

Probably gonna ride today

Reply #5 - 06/19/13 at 8:16pm
Print Post  
Wow, thanks everyone for cleaning up so quickly what sounded like a massive effort!!

IP Logged

MountainCycle
Big Ring

Unelite p***^. Heartbreak
lover.

Reply #6 - 06/19/13 at 8:48pm
Print Post  
Thanks to all....

HotpinkHarorigidSpecializedEnduroFSRMountainCycleSanAndreasGaryFisherCobiaTrekSuperflyEliteCanfieldbrothersyelliscreamySantaCruzSuperlight29SurlyPugs nother'YelliScreamySalsaTimberjackYTJeffsy27

IP Logged

Watcher
Little Ring

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #7 - 06/20/13 at 1:15am
Print Post  
I want to publicly Thank All for the extreme amount of work that has been put into getting RRT back in riding condition. If not for all their hard work it would have been several weeks before My brother and I would have gotten it clear. Thanks for the degree of safety and caution that was used to prevent any injuries. No trail is worth any of us being severely or fatally injured which can happen quickly in that line of work. Should get ole Chunky cleared on Sunday. The reroute and inconvenient logs have been moved. Cheesy

Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time.

IP Logged

MountainCycle
Big Ring

Unelite p***^. Heartbreak
lover.

Reply #8 - 06/20/13 at 1:33am
Print Post  
Even though I couldn't make it, this is effing awesome. I love your trail and if it ever closes may fall into a post beech springs depression again. You are a god among trail builders and this is a core trail for sure.

HotpinkHarorigidSpecializedEnduroFSRMountainCycleSanAndreasGaryFisherCobiaTrekSuperflyEliteCanfieldbrothersyelliscreamySantaCruzSuperlight29SurlyPugs nother'YelliScreamySalsaTimberjackYTJeffsy27

IP Logged

Oden
Project Board

Work Ride Tarheel Trailblazers

Reply #9 - 06/20/13 at 1:54am
Print Post  
Kit, I try to help out here and there. However, I dare anyone to try to out work Enoch on the trail though. That guy can build/clean up a trail as fast as he can ride em. Thanks for being a good leader Enoch.

IP Logged

Shredder
Big Ring

Reply #10 - 06/20/13 at 7:15pm
Print Post  
Kudos to all of you guys. I got in a lap last night and was blown away by how good it was. What do you figure, 100+ trees down?

IP Logged

worker-rider
In The Loop

Reply #11 - 06/20/13 at 11:38pm
Print Post  
That was a mess glad to come out and blow my back out even more. Watching Jerry and Burton going at it on that large tree was educational. I learned something new. Need a bigger saw. We all got our saws stuck at least once. Thanks Steve for the trail system that you have made and for showing me the NEW stuff. You sir have a good eye!! Thanks again for all of you who came out to help Steve get the trail up and running.

IP Logged

JimShoe
Big Ring

Reply #12 - 06/21/13 at 1:46am
Print Post  
Thanks everybody for your work on clearing RRT. And yes, please take the time to kick a stick or two out of the way. Red Beard and I did some clearing by hand on Monday and it was overwhelming what was out there. And I definitely need to get a bigger chainsaw from past experience. A small one just doesn't cut it on the bigger stuff.

When the government takes responsibility for the people, the people will no longer take responsibility for themselves

IP Logged

Tim8

Work Ride Tarheel Trailblazers

Reply #13 - 06/21/13 at 4:02pm
Print Post  
Are all the trails open

IP Logged

PainkillerSPE
Big Ring

Reply #14 - 06/21/13 at 6:15pm
Print Post  
Yeah they are open. Trail is in great shape. I cleared the webs and knocked some more sticks out the way.

rob wrote on 05/01/12 at 6:01pm:
Shearing the shaft member after a hard ride is acceptable in my book.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print