Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic So where can we night ride? (Read 1560 times)
49erRider
Ex Member

So where can we night ride?
06/20/13 at 6:02pm
Print Post  
Not as big of deal now that it's light so late, but I kind of miss riding in the dark.   

Which places are we allowed to night ride at?

Thanks,

Brad

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

Yellowduck
Big Ring

Work Ride Tarheel Trailblazers

Re: So where can we night ride?
Reply #1 - 06/20/13 at 6:24pm
Print Post  
White Water Center
Steves -  Rocky River Trail
Uwarrie
North Meck (may have to park outside of the gate not to get locked in)
And in the winter, a organized ride 1 day a week at Fisher and Beaty.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

"Riding skinny is too easy"
-MB
IP Logged

DavidM
Little Ring

Work & Ride with THTB!

Reply #2 - 06/20/13 at 7:30pm
Print Post  
< BYT is an absolute BLAST @ Night! (when it's dry)

< RiverWalk Trail in Rock Hill is also quite enjoyable.

< Paaahston!!!

Ephesians 5:11 Have no fellowship with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them.

IP Logged

PROFLEX356
Coaster Bike

Reply #3 - 06/30/13 at 12:29am
Print Post  
you can ride Beatty at night. We did the other night.... Had a great time, hadn't been  night riding in awhile...

IP Logged

Banjopickin
Big Ring

Spinnin' knees & Hittin'
trees since '85

Reply #4 - 06/30/13 at 3:59pm
Print Post  
PROFLEX356 wrote on 06/30/13 at 12:29am:
you can ride Beatty at night. We did the other night.... Had a great time, hadn't been  night riding in awhile...

Please dont night ride at Beatty outside of the scheduled rides that either Gravitythief or myself host. We have a partnership with Parks and Rec. where we let them know when and how long we'll be riding for. In turn, they allow us to night ride which is illegal in Meck. Co parks. They almost shut us down last year due to folks riding outside of the scheduled rides. I cant stop you but please night ride somewhere else. If you want to night ride out there I'll contact P&R and we'll get one organized. Thanks Smiley
« Last Edit: 06/30/13 at 6:25pm by Banjopickin »  

Advocat wrote on 08/22/13 at 5:16pm:
...packin some Chub in the back of the pick-up.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

bleekness
Coaster Bike

Reply #5 - 07/01/13 at 3:58am
Print Post  
DavidM wrote on 06/20/13 at 7:30pm:
< Paaahston!!!

gates stay open till 10

IP Logged

PROFLEX356
Coaster Bike

Reply #6 - 07/01/13 at 1:27pm
Print Post  
When and why did the rules change for Beatty. We have been night riding there for the last 4 or 5 years and were told by a park ranger that as long as the ball fields where open that we could ride.

IP Logged

Captain Awesome
Small Cog

Work, Ride, Repeat

Reply #7 - 07/01/13 at 1:40pm
Print Post  
PROFLEX356 wrote on 07/01/13 at 1:27pm:
When and why did the rules change for Beatty. We have been night riding there for the last 4 or 5 years and were told by a park ranger that as long as the ball fields where open that we could ride.

My very first trip out there i was told the exact opposite. Basically exactly what Banjo stated above. No riding after hours unless sanctioned

So, who knows?

« Last Edit: 07/01/13 at 1:40pm by Captain Awesome »  

IP Logged

Yellowduck
Big Ring

Reply #8 - 07/01/13 at 1:49pm
Print Post  
Why risk FJB when it is allowed at Rocky River Trail or White Water?

"Riding skinny is too easy"
-MB
IP Logged

Banjopickin
Big Ring

Spinnin' knees & Hittin'
trees since '85

Reply #9 - 07/01/13 at 1:58pm
Print Post  
PROFLEX356 wrote on 07/01/13 at 1:27pm:

I thought the same thing until last year. We were fixing to start out for a ride and the head honcho of Park Watch showed up and said we couldnt ride. I guess his employees were just looking the other way when we were riding before. Anyway, he said we couldnt ride because the park was "officially" closed after sunset. The soccer/tennis teams were paying for after hour use and we werent so we couldnt be there. We told him that we had been riding for years out there with no issues and this was all new to us. He didnt like us night riding because he thought someone might get hurt and left out there in the park at night and also that he couldnt let us knowingly break Meck Co. park ruels(closed at sunset).  He let us ride that night and I took his information and emailed him later. I told him that we always run a sweeper to make sure no one gets left, we promote a safe and family friendly ride, we have local businesses involved with sponsorships(Ultimate Bike), and we have invested thousands of dollars into the trail to improve another recreational option for park users at no cost to the Department. 

He said that he was ok with it but we had to get approval from his boss. I called her and we had a lengthy discussion about our involvment with Parks and Rec. and that we really wanted to keep night riding and improving the trails for park users. She agreed but with three criteria that had to be met. 

1. We had to have a scheduled ride. Mostly so her staff could be aware of it make arrangments to be there. I would email her and the head of Park Watch each Tuesday before our ride to let them know.

2. We could only ride when the park was already open for after hours practices by soccer/tennis teams. 

3. We had to be out of the park by 9pm.

She wasnt really keen on the idea but said we could keep doing it because up to that point it wasnt really hurting anyone.

Long story short...Happy Parks and Rec. people = happy mtn. bikers. I just dont want them to change their mind and stop the rides permanantely and/or damage the clubs reputation with Parks and Rec. Even though we havent had a scheduled ride in a while, I still recieve emails from her and Park Watch about issues on the trails at Beatty. So they are aware of whats going on out there still.

Hope this clears it up a bit. Im all for doing a night ride but I gotta run it by them first. Thanks ya'll Smiley
« Last Edit: 07/01/13 at 2:00pm by Banjopickin »  

Advocat wrote on 08/22/13 at 5:16pm:
...packin some Chub in the back of the pick-up.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print