Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Print
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Looking for riding partners July 6th-11th (Read 3188 times)
gcappy

Work Ride Tarheel Trailblazers

Looking for riding partners July 6th-11th
06/24/13 at 1:59am
Print Post  
Going to be in Huntersville for the week and plan to ride Warrior Creek, Lake Norman and some others. Looking for riding partners. I am a beginner/intermediate level rider. Working on my technical skills. 

thanks
Gene

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

Cap
IP Logged

BigBikeMike
Project Board

Re: Looking for riding partners July 6th-11th
Reply #1 - 06/24/13 at 2:54am
Print Post  
Hey Gene, post again when you get to Huntersville and I'm sure you can find some riding partners.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

Half-a-fork
Little Ring

Reply #2 - 06/24/13 at 1:30pm
Print Post  
Gene,

I would be interested in meeting at Lake Norman on Saturday or Sunday?  PM me your info and maybe we can catch up.

Thanks,

Justin

Ride to have fun and enjoy the scenery, not to set records…

Packed and ready to roll…
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)
GTalkAIM  
IP Logged

PBR Tallboy
Little Ring

I think the answer is.....BACON!

Reply #3 - 06/26/13 at 3:40pm
Print Post  
I can do LNSP and or Warrior Creek on the weekends you are here I know my way around both trail systems pretty well. Send a PM if you want to meet up.

~Rides bikes for fun

IP Logged

nc_lethal

Reply #4 - 06/27/13 at 6:01pm
Print Post  
Where's Warrior Creek? I'd like to join. Post up and and i'll try to meet ya there.

Team Lethal

IP Logged

Tom F
In The Loop

I'm ready. Get the bike.

Reply #5 - 06/27/13 at 6:19pm
Print Post  
Keer Scott Reservoir at Wilksboro, NC. Not too bad a drive once you get past Statesville on 77.

2011 (frame) Santa Cruz Superlight & Stumpy Comp (1999), 2017 Tallboy C RX2
22Levo

IP Logged

gcappy

Reply #6 - 06/28/13 at 8:34pm
Print Post  
Thanks for all the replies. I would love to have a small group to ride with. I will post Friday night 7/5, when I get settled in at my daughters house.

Cap
IP Logged

gcappy

Reply #7 - 07/04/13 at 9:26pm
Print Post  
Slight change in the plan due to the weather. I will be arriving Saturday evening the 6th, ready to ride on the 7th. How bad are the trails there now with all this rain? Is any thing open?

Cap
IP Logged

Doc00t
IB Room
In The Loop
Project Board

When in DOUBT, PEDAL it
OUT

Reply #8 - 07/04/13 at 9:31pm
Print Post  
Not at the moment. Trails are soaked

Scars are like Tattoos only with better Stories

IP Logged

Impaler 58
Big Ring

Reply #9 - 07/06/13 at 1:09am
Print Post  
nc_lethal wrote on 06/27/13 at 6:01pm:
Where's Warrior Creek? I'd like to join. Post up and and i'll try to meet ya there.

right now they are under the W. Kerr Scott Reservoir..................

GTalk  
IP Logged

gcappy

Reply #10 - 07/06/13 at 11:57pm
Print Post  
OK, I am here and ready to ride. Now lets see if the weather cooperates. I am available any day this week. Please let me know if you can ride and what day's work so I can plan around my family time here. My want to rides are:
Lake Norman
Warrior Creek
USWWC

Cap
IP Logged

The Cycle Path
IB Room
In The Loop
Project Board

Treasurer '11 to '18.
Trail Chair '12-'18,
'20-'21

Reply #11 - 07/07/13 at 2:33am
Print Post  
gcappy wrote on 07/06/13 at 11:57pm:
OK, I am here and ready to ride. Now lets see if the weather cooperates. I am available any day this week. Please let me know if you can ride and what day's work so I can plan around my family time here. My want to rides are:
Lake Norman
Warrior Creek
USWWC

You're better off riding Rocky River trail.  I can't see LNSP or USNWC being open anytime soon.  Can't comment on WC but if they stay true to form, a bit of the trail will be under water because of the reservoir being full.

We carry the finest from Specialized, Yeti, Transition, and Kona.
IP Logged

gcappy

Reply #12 - 07/07/13 at 2:55am
Print Post  
The Cycle Path wrote on 07/07/13 at 2:33am:

You're better off riding Rocky River trail.  I can't see LNSP or USNWC being open anytime soon.  Can't comment on WC but if they stay true to form, a bit of the trail will be under water because of the reservoir being full.

Sounds a little above my technical skills from the write up and reviews. Aerobically I'm good but I would call my self a beginner technically. Laurel loop at LN is about where I am at. I can't get hurt down here I have 768 miles to drive home next week.

Cap
IP Logged

azcanc
Small Cog

Reply #13 - 07/07/13 at 3:45am
Print Post  
Rocky river trail is nothing to scared of, just go at your own pace and enjoy. True mtb biking!

BOOM, DONE!

IP Logged

Watcher
Little Ring

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #14 - 07/07/13 at 10:57am
Print Post  
Come on and ride RRT it is not any more technical than any of the other area trails. It just has a couple longer climbs for this area. Gorge and No Name only have a spot or two that you may have to walk then you can remount and finish, Due to low traffic it just feels a little tighter than some of the other local trails. 

Just for information since Sherman always catches it for being a "greenway" or highway that came from having a huge traffic load. I know how that trail was built and laid out and it started just like RRT.  Smiley

Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time.

IP Logged

azcanc
Small Cog

Reply #15 - 07/07/13 at 3:41pm
Print Post  
Watcher speaks the truth. Get out to RRT people.....conditions are good.

BOOM, DONE!

IP Logged

Cherokee
Little Ring

Reply #16 - 07/08/13 at 2:27pm
Print Post  
I second (or 3rd) the RRT recommendation. For one thing, it's about the only thing likely to be open, but also because it's a great trail that's unique for this area. I rode yesterday afternoon and had a blast. The ground was wettish, but not muddy (assuming you take the bypasses to avoid the bottomlands). I do consider RRT more technical than most, but not technical in the sense of "high penalty for failure" technical. Assuming you ride in control, you're no more likely to injure yourself riding it than any other trail. It's just more work in some spots than the average trail in the area.

"The state is the great fiction by which each of us seeks to live at the expense of all of us."    --19th century French economist Frederic Bastiat

IP Logged

jburkenc

Reply #17 - 07/08/13 at 3:06pm
Print Post  
Anybody want to ride RRT today?  Gonna be hot/humid, but been cooped up too long!

IP Logged

gcappy

Reply #18 - 07/10/13 at 12:36pm
Print Post  
Going to ride today. Looks like LN or SB. Any one want to go. Time? I am free all day. Would like to head out AM.

Cap
IP Logged

Half-a-fork
Little Ring

Reply #19 - 07/10/13 at 7:59pm
Print Post  
We had a great ride at Sherman today.  Got a little humid, and we decided to skip Lake Loop.  The trail is in GREAT shape, very little wetness:

Watcher wrote on 07/07/13 at 10:57am:
Come on and ride RRT it is not any more technical than any of the other area trails. It just has a couple longer climbs for this area. Gorge and No Name only have a spot or two that you may have to walk then you can remount and finish, Due to low traffic it just feels a little tighter than some of the other local trails. 

Just for information since Sherman always catches it for being a "greenway" or highway that came from having a huge traffic load. I know how that trail was built and laid out and it started just like RRT.  Smiley

Ride to have fun and enjoy the scenery, not to set records…

Packed and ready to roll…
GTalkAIM  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Print