Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Fisher opportunity Sunday June 30. (Read 562 times)
Tom F
In The Loop

I'm ready. Get the bike.

Fisher opportunity Sunday June 30.
06/30/13 at 12:01am
Print Post  
I walked the lower sections of Fisher this afternoon. Am amazed at how well it held up. That being said. There is work to do. I want to get out there in the AM and cut up a 16 inch log that has washed over the first culvert, and is blocking the trail. There are several other places where water is running across, and down the trail. Removed a good bit of debris and cut back some slappers. There is more to do. One spot has a good sized pond that needs to be cleared. I still have not checked out the upper sections. 
To the nine sets of bikes tires that the riders decided it was OK to ride: Thanks for making work. Someone will have to break down the ruts you left in order for the trail to drain. Thanks for widening the trail by riding around the puddles. 
If I can make progress and the upper sections are not fouled then maybe, just maybe.
Anyone wants to help I plan on being out there around 8:30. Grab a McLeod  & and come on down. I will start at the culvert with the log, and head to the green loop.
Be sure and spray with bug juice. They are thick.
As always bring water and sturdy shoes and gloves.
TomF
(Mark is out of town on vacation)

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

2011 (frame) Santa Cruz Superlight & Stumpy Comp (1999), 2017 Tallboy C RX2
22Levo

IP Logged

Captain Awesome
Small Cog

Work, Ride, Repeat

Re: Fisher opportunity Sunday June 30.
Reply #1 - 06/30/13 at 12:24am
Print Post  
Tom F wrote on 06/30/13 at 12:01am:
I walked the lower sections of Fisher this afternoon. Am amazed at how well it held up. That being said. There is work to do. I want to get out there in the AM and cut up a 16 inch log that has washed over the first culvert, and is blocking the trail. There are several other places where water is running across, and down the trail. Removed a good bit of debris and cut back some slappers. There is more to do. One spot has a good sized pond that needs to be cleared. I still have not checked out the upper sections. 
To the nine sets of bikes tires that the riders decided it was OK to ride: Thanks for making work. Someone will have to break down the ruts you left in order for the trail to drain. Thanks for widening the trail by riding around the puddles. 
If I can make progress and the upper sections are not fouled then maybe, just maybe.
Anyone wants to help I plan on being out there around 8:30. Grab a McLeod  & and come on down. I will start at the culvert with the log, and head to the green loop.
Be sure and spray with bug juice. They are thick.
As always bring water and sturdy shoes and gloves.
TomF
(Mark is out of town on vacation)

I might be out if the warden is looking the other way

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

BigBikeMike
Project Board

Work Ride Tarheel Trailblazers

Reply #2 - 06/30/13 at 1:10am
Print Post  
Hey Tom, you are right about the bugs! I killed a dozen horse flies today that was trying to carry me off. Man, those things can bite! Sorry I can't help you tomorrow, but I got my own fish to fry, Mike.

IP Logged

Tom F
In The Loop

I'm ready. Get the bike.

Reply #3 - 06/30/13 at 2:30am
Print Post  
Yup! I know Mike. N Meck got hit harder than Fisher.
Good Luck!

2011 (frame) Santa Cruz Superlight & Stumpy Comp (1999), 2017 Tallboy C RX2
22Levo

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print