Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  Print
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) How many days has LNSP been open since June? (Read 8827 times)
Enoch
Forum Administrator
IB Room
Project Board
In The Loop

Walked with God and he
was not

Re: How many days has LNSP been open since June?
Reply #60 - 09/11/13 at 6:06pm
Print Post  
Impaler 58 wrote on 09/11/13 at 4:33pm:
I swear, everybody who contributes to this forum is still hanging on to their parents apron strings. Do a 120 mile round trip to ride. If you guys are all adults. Get me in where you work. I want all that extra time on my hands. I'll help Mike with the trail if he splits some of the cash he gets from the state park. But I'll work it only if I get to ride. As of now. I stopped riding the State park. Shoot ,I stopped riding all together. Used to be a cool sport 20 years back when bikes where allowed on everything. Now there is nowhere near to ride. And if you want to build a trail, you have to follow their rules. You don't get the option of riding what you build. I suppose that just makes sense  to ya'll Cheesy Grin

Once again I think you are VERY mis informed here. Mike gets nothing (Except a bunch of whinning) for working on LNSP. This is at least the second time you have tried to shine a bad light on one of "The BEST and most giving MTB workers" in this area. I don't take too kindly to this.

Since you have given up on mountain biking, why don't you just pack it in and find somewhere else to whine too. Maybe you can find some place that will appreciate all you bring to the table. I have a feeling you'll be in for a long journey.
« Last Edit: 09/11/13 at 6:58pm by Enoch »  
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

Do what you like. Stop hating people for their riding habits and get back to hating them for their skin color, religion, politics, and sexual orientation.

IP Logged

KitJ BBQman
Big Ring

This is gonna hurt!

Reply #61 - 09/11/13 at 7:18pm
Print Post  
rut roh Smiley

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

I used to ride; now I just drink and cry about not riding.
AIM  
IP Logged

The Cycle Path
IB Room
In The Loop
Project Board

Treasurer '11 to '18.
Trail Chair '12-'18,
'20-'21

Reply #62 - 09/11/13 at 7:29pm
Print Post  
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

We carry the finest from Specialized, Yeti, Transition, and Kona.
IP Logged

808golden
Little Ring

More beer, please!

Reply #63 - 09/11/13 at 9:55pm
Print Post  
Man...I was just curious as to how many days the park had closed. Sometimes it rains. Alot. Oh well, another reason why God made IPA. So I can get a "winter physique" and then ride it off all fall (before winter sets in again...).  Can we just delete the thread and forget about the rain for a few months? And BBM is a saint. 'Nuff said.

IP Logged

Impaler 58
Big Ring

Reply #64 - 09/11/13 at 11:51pm
Print Post  
ok ,all this sillyness aside. From what I gathered from the last meeting I went to. Is that according to the clubs aggreement with the state park, is that they need people to maintain it on a regular basis. Right now, Mike does that. But it is just him,and he takes care of North Meck also. But it's only him. From what I heard,a worse case sceanereo whould be closing the trail. It looks as if their looking for someone who will be ready when a call is made. You would have to check with the trial cordanator. Like most people,I like to do an occational trail day if there's others I know and beer will be involved afterward. I would not be a good candidate. So If you like your trails prime, here's your chance to step up. I mountain bike, so if my trails are not smooth and gentel, it's no big deal Wink

GTalk  
IP Logged

MountainCycle
Big Ring

Unelite p***^. Heartbreak
lover.

Reply #65 - 09/12/13 at 12:02am
Print Post  
This is the new beer blog.

HotpinkHarorigidSpecializedEnduroFSRMountainCycleSanAndreasGaryFisherCobiaTrekSuperflyEliteCanfieldbrothersyelliscreamySantaCruzSuperlight29SurlyPugs nother'YelliScreamySalsaTimberjackYTJeffsy27

IP Logged

DrewK
Small Cog

Work Ride Tarheel Trailblazers

Reply #66 - 09/12/13 at 12:21am
Print Post  
Impaler 58 wrote on 09/11/13 at 11:51pm:
ok ,all this sillyness aside. From what I gathered from the last meeting I went to. Is that according to the clubs aggreement with the state park, is that they need people to maintain it on a regular basis. Right now, Mike does that. But it is just him,and he takes care of North Meck also. But it's only him. From what I heard,a worse case sceanereo whould be closing the trail. It looks as if their looking for someone who will be ready when a call is made. You would have to check with the trial cordanator. Like most people,I like to do an occational trail day if there's others I know and beer will be involved afterward. I would not be a good candidate. So If you like your trails prime, here's your chance to step up. I mountain bike, so if my trails are not smooth and gentel, it's no big deal Wink

I've said it before and I'll say it again.  You live in Statesville, go ride at Signal Hill.  It actually has more TTF's than LNSP.  And it doesn't close.  It can be a total sloppy mess and you can go ride.  It's a little rough around the edges, but she's still a great ride.

IP Logged

Impaler 58
Big Ring

Reply #67 - 09/12/13 at 12:26am
Print Post  
TTF's= Fat Guy in the mud. Has anyone tried Blue point Toasted lauger Cool

GTalk  
IP Logged

Impaler 58
Big Ring

Reply #68 - 09/12/13 at 12:27am
Print Post  
The Cycle Path wrote on 09/11/13 at 7:29pm:

Hey, when did you take that picture of me Shocked

GTalk  
IP Logged

The Cycle Path
IB Room
In The Loop
Project Board

Treasurer '11 to '18.
Trail Chair '12-'18,
'20-'21

Reply #69 - 09/12/13 at 3:21am
Print Post  
DrewK wrote on 09/12/13 at 12:21am:

I've said it before and I'll say it again.  You live in Statesville, go ride at Signal Hill.  It actually has more TTF's than LNSP.  And it doesn't close.  It can be a total sloppy mess and you can go ride.  It's a little rough around the edges, but she's still a great ride.

Just because you "can" ride it when it's a muddy, sloppy mess doesn't mean you should. Technically Fisher isn't physically closed (except a couple of times this summer cause enough was enough.) either but I post it as such so people to wait or find another trail to ride.

Part of what Hippie said is true, we are putting together a team to take care of maintenance along with Mike. There is north meeting at village inn pizza in Statesville tomorrow night at 7:30. i77 exit 50.

We carry the finest from Specialized, Yeti, Transition, and Kona.
IP Logged

BigBikeMike
Project Board

Reply #70 - 09/12/13 at 3:34am
Print Post  
Thanks for posting the date of the meeting, Mark. I thought I had missed the meeting. I'll see you folks then.

IP Logged

Impaler 58
Big Ring

Reply #71 - 09/12/13 at 4:35am
Print Post  
I'm back on 2nd shift, so I won't make the meeting. Sorry

GTalk  
IP Logged

worker-rider
In The Loop

Reply #72 - 09/12/13 at 10:28pm
Print Post  
Well since you are on second shift you have time to go out and give back so the trails you ride on might open a little early next time. Thanks Mike for what you do with your free time. I know just how you feel. It's hard ass work! With no pay except you get to build what you like to ride! Cheesy

IP Logged

BigBikeMike
Project Board

Reply #73 - 09/13/13 at 12:42am
Print Post  
Sorry I didn't make the meeting tonight, but I left work late and the traffic sucked!! I'll continue to work on the trails at LNSP til we get things in order.

IP Logged

Impaler 58
Big Ring

Reply #74 - 09/13/13 at 2:22am
Print Post  
worker-rider wrote on 09/12/13 at 10:28pm:
Well since you are on second shift you have time to go out and give back so the trails you ride on might open a little early next time. Thanks Mike for what you do with your free time. I know just how you feel. It's hard ass work! With no pay except you get to build what you like to ride! Cheesy

I worked on the trail about 4 years ago,dosen't that count for anything. I worked on the Potowatimi trail and Bald Mountain a lot. ,dosen't that count for anything.  Sure, can you come by rake my leafs and mow my lawn. The shed needs painting also. Then ,I can go work on the trail. But I just took my thudbuster off my Sawyer and put it on my Electra Townie. I'm gonna start acting my age, and ride some greenways and such. I wonder if they bug you to do maintenance. Anyways,Peace ,Out. Been cool riding the dirt,but I just think I got bored with it Smiley

GTalk  
IP Logged

FireAnthem
Little Ring

Reply #75 - 09/13/13 at 4:41am
Print Post  
Impaler 58 wrote on 09/13/13 at 2:22am:

I worked on the trail about 4 years ago,dosen't that count for anything. I worked on the Potowatimi trail and Bald Mountain a lot. ,dosen't that count for anything.  Sure, can you come by rake my leafs and mow my lawn. The shed needs painting also. Then ,I can go work on the trail. But I just took my thudbuster off my Sawyer and put it on my Electra Townie. I'm gonna start acting my age, and ride some greenways and such. I wonder if they bug you to do maintenance. Anyways,Peace ,Out. Been cool riding the dirt,but I just think I got bored with it Smiley

Better do it slowly, with a bell and screaming "on your left" the entire time while dodging toddlers and dogs.

Anthem Build in Progress, to be finished sooner than later =)

IP Logged

Banjopickin
Big Ring

Spinnin' knees & Hittin'
trees since '85

Reply #76 - 09/13/13 at 12:18pm
Print Post  
Impaler 58 wrote on 09/10/13 at 3:01pm:
. Sure,I would ride Poston if it were not 60 miles away. The State park is 10. Fisher is 20. I only ride 1-2 times a week. But if a trail is closed for a week, it takes most of your riding time away.

not to  Smiley...

I have to drive 30+ minutes to ride just about anywhere besides Cane Creek Park, which sucks compared to LNSP, RRT, URE etc. Beatty is a good 35-40 minutes for me and I not only host a weekly ride there I spend a fair amount of time working on the trail. Eveywhere else is a solid hour or better but I ride them anyway. Theres alot of dedicated folks I know who do the same thing. If I lived only 10 minutes from LNSP I would literally s*** my pants I'd be so happy. That place is truly amazing. BBM does a heck of a job, working is a$$ off out there. For those who havent met him, he aint no spring chicken. His dedication sets the standard every trail worker should follow IMO.

Everyone has life obligations of work, family, etc. but If its something you truly love and enjoy you would find the time. We should all just be thankful that we have something that we enjoy doing and are able to do it. Not everyone has our 1st world problems. Some folks have REAL problems. 

Sorry to bring this back up but it struck a nerve for some reason. Thanks again Mike!
« Last Edit: 09/13/13 at 12:24pm by Banjopickin »  

Advocat wrote on 08/22/13 at 5:16pm:
...packin some Chub in the back of the pick-up.

IP Logged

MountainCycle
Big Ring

lover.

Reply #77 - 09/13/13 at 2:35pm
Print Post  
Impaler 58 wrote on 09/13/13 at 2:22am:

I'll take the Sawyer off your hands.

HotpinkHarorigidSpecializedEnduroFSRMountainCycleSanAndreasGaryFisherCobiaTrekSuperflyEliteCanfieldbrothersyelliscreamySantaCruzSuperlight29SurlyPugs nother'YelliScreamySalsaTimberjackYTJeffsy27

IP Logged

worker-rider
In The Loop

Reply #78 - 09/14/13 at 12:03am
Print Post  
Hippy I have been at this for almost 25 years and what does that count for? My brother and I have worked on and helped build most of the trails in Charlotte and the surrounding area and 3 or 4 which dont even exist anymore so whats your point? Let alone the time I have spent working in Dupont and Pisgah. Then there is all the time dealing with homeowners,CMUD, Park & Rec. I live 45 min or more from BYT and I also live on a 25 acre horse farm that needs constant maintenance mending fences, cutting grass, bushes, trees and shoveling poo and the 2 to 3 miles of fence that gets weedeated. So why dont you head over and lend a hand. I guess I manage my time a little better. NO ONE tells me to go do maintenance! I have a few people who like to ride the same stuff as me and are happy to lend a hand if I ask. I think that you should go ride your greenway thats what Jerry G would do. Now if you have any problems I will be out Sunday morning at 9 on the old motorcycle track building something fun for ALL of us to ride. Now I need to go out to the garage and work so I CAN go and build Sunday. Now  Lips Sealed bunch of keyboard jockeys! Get off your butts and be a part of the solution and NOT the problem.

IP Logged

MountainCycle
Big Ring

lover.

Reply #79 - 09/14/13 at 12:32am
Print Post  
worker-rider wrote on 09/14/13 at 12:03am:
Hippy I have been at this for almost 25 years and what does that count for? My brother and I have worked on and helped build most of the trails in Charlotte and the surrounding area and 3 or 4 which dont even exist anymore so whats your point? Let alone the time I have spent working in Dupont and Pisgah. Then there is all the time dealing with homeowners,CMUD, Park & Rec. I live 45 min or more from BYT and I also live on a 25 acre horse farm that needs constant maintenance mending fences, cutting grass, bushes, trees and shoveling poo and the 2 to 3 miles of fence that gets weedeated. So why dont you head over and lend a hand. I guess I manage my time a little better. NO ONE tells me to go do maintenance! I have a few people who like to ride the same stuff as me and are happy to lend a hand if I ask. I think that you should go ride your greenway thats what Jerry G would do. Now if you have any problems I will be out Sunday morning at 9 on the old motorcycle track building something fun for ALL of us to ride. Now I need to go out to the garage and work so I CAN go and build Sunday. Now  Lips Sealed bunch of keyboard jockeys! Get off your butts and be a part of the solution and NOT the problem.

U....da.....man....thanks for all you do.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 
Print