Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Drying cycling shoes? (Read 579 times)
Ridefour15
Little Ring

Work Ride Tarheel Trailblazers

Drying cycling shoes?
08/18/13 at 7:08pm
Print Post  
My shoes are still drenched from a very wet road ride yesterday morning and I'd like to have them dry to use tomorrow.  I have them on the shoe rack in my dryer right now with no heat ("air dry" setting), but I'm doubtful it will be very effective.

Anyone have any tips on how to dry cycling shoes?  Would I be safe using heat? Unfortunately I don't have another pair to use and don't want to suffer with platforms and sneakers tomorrow.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

Enoch
Forum Administrator
IB Room
Project Board
In The Loop

Walked with God and he
was not

Re: Drying cycling shoes?
Reply #1 - 08/18/13 at 7:29pm
Print Post  
Remove the in soles, stuff newspaper inside them. They will be dry by the next morning.

I keep  some paper close to MTB shoes too so I can stuff them after sweltering hot summer days. Getting the moisture out holds down on the stink and keeps the fabricate from rotting.
« Last Edit: 08/18/13 at 7:30pm by Enoch »  
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

Do what you like. Stop hating people for their riding habits and get back to hating them for their skin color, religion, politics, and sexual orientation.

IP Logged

RobP
Big Ring

Reply #2 - 08/18/13 at 7:34pm
Print Post  
Enoch wrote on 08/18/13 at 7:29pm:
Remove the in soles, stuff newspaper inside them. They will be dry by the next morning.

I keep  some paper close to MTB shoes too so I can stuff them after sweltering hot summer days. Getting the moisture out holds down on the stink and keeps the fabricate from rotting.

+1

Works every time

IP Logged

Ridefour15
Little Ring

Reply #3 - 08/18/13 at 8:18pm
Print Post  
Been keeping newspaper in them the last half hour; already had to replace it all because the pieces were soaked.  Weather looks like I wont be riding at all tomorrow, but I should be good for Tuesday.

IP Logged

SP74
Coaster Bike

Reply #4 - 08/19/13 at 1:34am
Print Post  
You can lay them down at the front of the fridge, on their sides and they should be dry by morning.  Just don't trip over them in middle of the night!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print