Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) USNWWC New Trail Work (Read 1806 times)
CLTtrailDude01
Coaster Bike

Work Ride Tarheel Trailblazers

USNWWC New Trail Work
09/08/13 at 5:56pm
Print Post  
Rode all the trails but the black stuff (Carpet was closed)... good to see them tweak some things and some ongoing work.  On the north trail they cut a new path up top so your not just cruising down the fire road. One or two new trail sections again to get you off the boring stuff on the south trail too...

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

Locomoto
Small Cog

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: USNWWC New Trail Work
Reply #1 - 09/08/13 at 9:24pm
Print Post  
I like what they did at the exit of the weight station loop and entrance of TB loop.  If you skip the TB, the main trail now goes through the woods and links up with TB at the top of the climb out.  No need to go up the utility right of way anymore.

No idea what is going on with the carpet loop, but yesterday morning there was some noisy machinery working near the entrance where the trail intersects the dirt road.
« Last Edit: 09/08/13 at 9:26pm by Locomoto »  
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

msedly
Small Cog

Reply #2 - 09/08/13 at 10:34pm
Print Post  
I hope they are fixing the very last section where there was an attempt at adding some jumps.  Seems like they were shooting for a rhythm section there, but it's hard to get flow when you're going uphill... Shocked

IP Logged

49erRider
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 09/08/13 at 10:41pm
Print Post  
msedly wrote on 09/08/13 at 10:34pm:
I hope they are fixing the very last section where there was an attempt at adding some jumps.  Seems like they were shooting for a rhythm section there, but it's hard to get flow when you're going uphill... Shocked

Good I was hoping I wasn't the only one having issues with that section.

IP Logged

ludey
Small Cog

Probably gonna ride today

Reply #4 - 09/09/13 at 12:14am
Print Post  
49erRider wrote on 09/08/13 at 10:41pm:

Good I was hoping I wasn't the only one having issues with that section.

Add me to the list on that... I'm never able to get a groove going on that new section.  Figured I just wasn't riding it fast enough...

IP Logged

MountainCycle
Big Ring

Unelite p***^. Heartbreak
lover.

Reply #5 - 09/09/13 at 12:20am
Print Post  
Section isn't really that bad. Sure it doesn't function as intended, but it def. isn't uphill. Maybe they will fix it. Who care's really.

HotpinkHarorigidSpecializedEnduroFSRMountainCycleSanAndreasGaryFisherCobiaTrekSuperflyEliteCanfieldbrothersyelliscreamySantaCruzSuperlight29SurlyPugs nother'YelliScreamySalsaTimberjackYTJeffsy27

IP Logged

Ridefour15
Little Ring

Reply #6 - 09/09/13 at 11:25pm
Print Post  
I went yesterday for the first time since March or April (it was right after the infamous Spartan Race this year).  Only got 14.25 miles when I swore I got 17-18 last time I was there.  The Carpet Trail isn't that long, is it?

IP Logged

CLTtrailDude01
Coaster Bike

Reply #7 - 09/10/13 at 12:24am
Print Post  
All I know is I saw a ton of snakes out there Saturday... Copperheads, Black, Cotton Mouth... that freaking bulldozer got them rowdy this weekend.

IP Logged

PainkillerSPE
Big Ring

Reply #8 - 09/10/13 at 8:48pm
Print Post  
Locomoto wrote on 09/08/13 at 9:24pm:
I like what they did at the exit of the weight station loop and entrance of TB loop.  If you skip the TB, the main trail now goes through the woods and links up with TB at the top of the climb out.  No need to go up the utility right of way anymore.

No idea what is going on with the carpet loop, but yesterday morning there was some noisy machinery working near the entrance where the trail intersects the dirt road.

They are fixing the stream on the carpet loop.  Their recent grading activities under the power lines discharged a huge amount of sediment and mud to the stream channel that flows through the carpet trail. 

he noise you heard was probably a jet vac system.
« Last Edit: 09/10/13 at 8:49pm by PainkillerSPE »  

rob wrote on 05/01/12 at 6:01pm:
Shearing the shaft member after a hard ride is acceptable in my book.

IP Logged

ludey
Small Cog

Probably gonna ride today

Reply #9 - 09/11/13 at 3:16pm
Print Post  
CLTtrailDude01 wrote on 09/10/13 at 12:24am:
All I know is I saw a ton of snakes out there Saturday... Copperheads, Black, Cotton Mouth... that freaking bulldozer got them rowdy this weekend.

I accidentally ran over a copperhead on Toilet Bowl on Saturday.  Pucker city!

IP Logged

CLTtrailDude01
Coaster Bike

Reply #10 - 09/14/13 at 12:40am
Print Post  
yea... all that work they have going on making the trails better has made the snakes angry...

IP Logged

traildog
Big Ring

warning!  SS carrier

Reply #11 - 09/16/13 at 11:30am
Print Post  
Carpet is open.  Stream work and looks like the first bridge is new.  No other changes.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print