Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Anyone Rode Uwharrie in the last 2-3 weeks? (Read 943 times)
GeneD
Coaster Bike

Camper / Rider

Anyone Rode Uwharrie in the last 2-3 weeks?
09/09/13 at 11:32am
Print Post  
A couple of weeks ago, I received an email from Uwharrie that all bike trails were now open. ...the fallen trees were removed. This was from the bad wind/storm that hit there a couple of months ago.  I may go to Uwharrie this week.  Has anyone been there in the last few weeks?
Also, many thanks to the Uwharrie trail workers/volunteers for the hard and hot work.
« Last Edit: 09/10/13 at 10:11am by GeneD »  
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

GeneD

IP Logged

Enoch
Forum Administrator
IB Room
Project Board
In The Loop

Walked with God and he
was not

Re: Anyone Rode at in the last 2-3 weeks?
Reply #1 - 09/09/13 at 11:39am
Print Post  
NOT all the trails are open. From what I understand They didn't clear White Tail yet.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

Do what you like. Stop hating people for their riding habits and get back to hating them for their skin color, religion, politics, and sexual orientation.

IP Logged

eapap9
Small Cog

Work Ride Tarheel Trailblazers

Reply #2 - 09/09/13 at 12:29pm
Print Post  
I rode last Sunday.  It was great everything was clear except White Tail, it still has 10-12 good size trees down on it.   I think all the rain has been good for this trail, starting to get some of its teeth back.   Crazy how many trees were down and the amount of work it took to clear what they have.

IP Logged

GeneD
Coaster Bike

Camper / Rider

Reply #3 - 09/09/13 at 4:07pm
Print Post  
Thanks for the info, it's good to know about White Tail.   I agree with the "volunteers" that White Tail is the least important and should be the last trail to clear.

GeneD

IP Logged

PScherer79
Small Cog

Work Ride Tarheel Trailblazers

Reply #4 - 09/09/13 at 4:10pm
Print Post  
May want to add "Uwharrie" in the title. Looks like it's missing as the title doesn't make sense.

IP Logged

Vasco
Global Moderator
In The Loop
Project Board

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #5 - 09/09/13 at 4:12pm
Print Post  
White Tail is very important and if we had had more help we would have gotten it completed also. But after 6hr of work we had nothing left.
Doug S.

Spelling and grammatical errors are beyond my control it's the way I wired.

IP Logged

Enoch
Forum Administrator
IB Room
Project Board
In The Loop

Walked with God and he
was not

Reply #6 - 09/09/13 at 6:25pm
Print Post  
GeneD wrote on 09/09/13 at 4:07pm:
Thanks for the info, it's good to know about White Tail.   I agree with the "volunteers" that White Tail is the least important and should be the last trail to clear.

100% dissagree, White Tail is the only trail left that remotely resembles single track ( even though some of it was fireroad). It makes for more tail riding and less gravel road grinding when doing loops. I worry that it may get lost because some people don't see how important it really is.  Until it is cleared I have no reason to go there.
« Last Edit: 09/09/13 at 6:29pm by Enoch »  

Do what you like. Stop hating people for their riding habits and get back to hating them for their skin color, religion, politics, and sexual orientation.

IP Logged

Tom F
In The Loop

I'm ready. Get the bike.

Reply #7 - 09/09/13 at 6:27pm
Print Post  
Enoch wrote on 09/09/13 at 6:25pm:

100% dissagree, White Tail is the only trail left that remotely resembles single track ( even though some of it was fireroad). It makes for more tail riding and less gravel road grinding. I worry that it may get lost because some people don't see how important it really is.  Until it is cleared I have no reason to go there.

Agreed. White Tail puts the fun in the descent from the fire road. It is the reason for brakes!

2011 (frame) Santa Cruz Superlight & Stumpy Comp (1999), 2017 Tallboy C RX2
22Levo

IP Logged

GeneD
Coaster Bike

Camper / Rider

Reply #8 - 09/10/13 at 10:16am
Print Post  
PScherer79 wrote on 09/09/13 at 4:10pm:
May want to add "Uwharrie" in the title. Looks like it's missing as the title doesn't make sense.

Thanks for suggesting the correction.  Changed the heading.

GeneD

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print