Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Springs Direction (Read 1156 times)
49erRider
Ex Member

Springs Direction
09/16/13 at 11:37pm
Print Post  
Seeing which way you fellas like to ride springs.   

I typically ride down school west, then up the fire road and down praire/mill springs, then ride sugar back up to the complex.

What about you guys?

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

HockeyMark
Small Cog

Just an old hockey guy.

Re: Springs Direction
Reply #1 - 09/17/13 at 12:55am
Print Post  
I like to hit (just about) everything 2x. From the ball-fields & complex:

Down school west; mill-pond/prairie clockwise; follow the creek/fire-road to Sugar and do it clockwise to school east; down school-east and back across to prairie/mill-pond and do it counter-clockwise; the up school-west to the complex, back over to sugar and down counter-clockwise until school-east; then back up to the complex. If I lack time or energy, I'll skip the last bit (sugar CW, then up school-east).

Great place to ride - and getting better with the work Vasco, Donking & the Springs team are getting done!

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

sager
Big Ring

Waiting for my next ride!

Reply #2 - 09/17/13 at 1:53am
Print Post  
I almost always do a figure eight whatever direction I choose.  If I do two laps, I'll do both directions.  If I do one, I'll start with Sugar counter-clockwise and Prairie clockwise.

IP Logged

KitJ BBQman
Big Ring

This is gonna hurt!

Reply #3 - 09/17/13 at 4:13pm
Print Post  
I try to alter directions every other ride.  One thing I do, which I think was described above is when I come to Sugar, in either direction, I pass the first entrance, take the second entrance, then re-ride that rooty school loop section twice.

I used to ride; now I just drink and cry about not riding.
AIM  
IP Logged

WVUJDUB
Coaster Bike

Work Ride Tarheel Trailblazers

Reply #4 - 09/18/13 at 1:10pm
Print Post  
I rode yesterday sugar loop twice and the rest of the trail counter clockwise. Its the best shape I've seen in a long time. I'm interested to see how the new trail comes out.

IP Logged

Ron

Work Ride Tarheel Trailblazers

Reply #5 - 10/08/13 at 8:04pm
Print Post  
I almost always ride counter clockwise. Sugar in that direction is just plain fun! Last time I rode clockwise my RD got hung up in my wheel and popped two spokes and damaged the hub where the spokes meet =(. Counter clockwise it is!

–R

IP Logged

roachroach

Lifer

Reply #6 - 10/15/13 at 5:16am
Print Post  
I rode today around five-thirty. I usually start at the complex and head down the gravel and through the complex tunnel. I go right at the split onto sugar, counter-clockwise. 

I really prefer sugar going counter-clockwise, as opposed to clockwise. I've been told it's harder that way; I'm not really sure, but I like the way it flows. 

After sugar lets out, down by the Springfield Parkway Bridge, I usually cross over the old bridge, get on Mill Pond (taking the high-road option when it pops up), then go and session the dirt bowl/wall-ride, finish out the rest of the Prairie Loop, the take the north tunnel trail back up to the complex.

Sometimes if I need more, I'll do two laps of Mill Pond/Prairie. 

I need to ride the old School Loop more. 

P.s. What would it take to re-open Blue Star to bikes, since it was built by THT and all? It's fun.

Mountain bikes
Track bikes
Motor bikes

It's bikes on bikes on bikes!

IP Logged

Woods Rider
Small Cog

I wanna ride

Reply #7 - 10/16/13 at 3:58pm
Print Post  
roachroach wrote on 10/15/13 at 5:16am:

I really prefer sugar going counter-clockwise, as opposed to clockwise. I've been told it's harder that way; I'm not really sure, but I like the way it flows. 

P.s. What would it take to re-open Blue Star to bikes, since it was built by THT and all? It's fun.

CCW is not really harder, it does flow better CCW. I think the idea it is harder comes from the root climbs, while more technical the trail is easier. When you go CW on Sugar you feel the climbs more.
« Last Edit: 10/16/13 at 3:58pm by Woods Rider »  

Government has no reason to use common sense or be efficient as it pays no price for failure.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print