Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Take a Kid Mountain Biking Day 10/5 (Read 820 times)
Dennis
In The Loop

Take a Kid Mountain Biking Day 10/5
10/01/13 at 12:34am
Print Post  
Help Wanted:
I am the Club coordinator for this event. We expect 40-50 kids and another 50 adults for this world wide event. We need volunteers for the following:

6 ride leaders familiar with Beatty trails. We will break into beginner, intermediate and advanced groups. 

Need one person to pick up 6' folding table, cooking utensils, and other items from REI Northlake on Friday and deliver to Beatty no later than 8:00 Saturday morning. These items will need to be returned to REI after the event.

REI is providing charcoal for the park grills but we also need one gas grill and a person to man it. This is very important so I really need someone to step up here.

Please PM me by Wed 10/2 if you can commit to one of these tasks. Warning: I will be calling you out individually at the meeting Thursday so you may as well volunteer now!

David, this would probably not be a good Saturday to schedule a morning work day  Smiley

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

climber
Project Board

Work Ride Tarheel Trailblazers

Re: Take a Kid Mountain Biking Day 10/5
Reply #1 - 10/04/13 at 8:51pm
Print Post  
Dennis,

It looks like the boy is up for this so we plan to be there.  I will check with you when we arrive to see if you need last minute help.  Will plan to ride with which ever group he ends up in.

Doug

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

Tom F
In The Loop

I'm ready. Get the bike.

Reply #2 - 10/05/13 at 7:31pm
Print Post  
Good job on this Dennis. I counted about 10 THTB there that I know of. I want to thank those kids for letting us old dudes hang out with them and having so much fun!
Tom

2011 (frame) Santa Cruz Superlight & Stumpy Comp (1999), 2017 Tallboy C RX2
22Levo

IP Logged

Dennis
In The Loop

Reply #3 - 10/06/13 at 2:32pm
Print Post  
We had over 90 riders on the Col. Francis Beatty trails Saturday and it was quite an impressive sight. Thanks to all those who stepped up to make the day a success. I won't try to name everyone but we had members involved in registration, leading rides, some minor first aid, bike repair, picking up and returning items to REI, and one individual hamburger and hot dog eating demonstration!

Many thanks to TFKC for allowing us to have a great time riding with the kids and to REI for their continued community support.

My favorite quote of the day was from one of the kids who went straight through a turn and ended up 25 yards into the woods before hitting a tree to stop: "My bike went the wrong way"

Good Times  Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print