Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Trails around Banner Elk? (Read 577 times)
nicedart
Coaster Bike

Work Ride Tarheel Trailblazers

Trails around Banner Elk?
10/11/13 at 8:03pm
Print Post  
Heading out to Banner Elk this weekend and was wondering is any one could recommend some good trails. They can be in or around the area. This will be my first trip to the mountains since I started riding.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

RobP
Big Ring

Re: Trails around Banner Elk?
Reply #1 - 10/11/13 at 10:02pm
Print Post  
nicedart wrote on 10/11/13 at 8:03pm:
Heading out to Banner Elk this weekend and was wondering is any one could recommend some good trails. They can be in or around the area. This will be my first trip to the mountains since I started riding.

Rocky Knob is probably your best bet for unguided XC riding.  Beech has some DH specific trails and a lift.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

Banjopickin
Big Ring

Spinnin' knees & Hittin'
trees since '85

Reply #2 - 10/11/13 at 10:33pm
Print Post  
The town of Beech Mtn. has some single track mileage. Never ridden it but I've been wanting too. Rocky Knob is ok. If you can find someone to show you around, Wilson Creek rules. Its about :30min away.

Advocat wrote on 08/22/13 at 5:16pm:
...packin some Chub in the back of the pick-up.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

Slayer

Reply #3 - 10/11/13 at 11:04pm
Print Post  
Emerald outback is an 8-10 mile xc trail that is at Beech Mountain.  I just found that out yesterday.  I heard that it is rooty like beatty x10.  The lifts will be open tomorrow for the downhill courses.

IP Logged

tony o
Little Ring

Reply #4 - 10/12/13 at 1:37pm
Print Post  
Rocky Knob is fun, I think they are having Fall Festival is weekend.  Believe they might be having Santa Cruz demos.  The XC trails on beech are rooty as described above but they are easy to follow.  You could also check out the Lees McRae trails by the mill pond in Banner Elk.  They are technical and not well marked but really fun.

IP Logged

nicedart
Coaster Bike

Reply #5 - 10/12/13 at 9:27pm
Print Post  
Just got back from Rocky Knob. Great ride. Lung busting climb with an amazing downhill pay off.  Thanks for the suggestion. I plan to head back again in the morning before the family gets up!
« Last Edit: 10/12/13 at 9:34pm by nicedart »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print