Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Type 2 X9 giving me problems (Read 440 times)
Sandman
Big Ring

Type 2 X9 giving me problems
11/24/13 at 3:21pm
Print Post  
I grabbed a used X9 10spd type 2 rear derailleur recently but when I mounted it up, it would not hold tension on the chain. It was as if the spring and clutch were backwards. I opened up the spring compartment and as soon as I loosened the bolt, the cage snapped forward. To get tension in the right direction, I had to wrap the cage/spring almost 1 full turn. Now it has tons of tension but the clutch mechanism doesn't seem to be working.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

"I am losing precious days. I am degenerating into a machine for making money. I am learning nothing in this trivial world of men. I must break away and get out into the mountains to learn the news.”

-John Muir

KB
Little Ring

listen to seger

Re: Type 2 X9 giving me problems
Reply #1 - 11/25/13 at 6:44pm
Print Post  
Sandman wrote on 11/24/13 at 3:21pm:
I grabbed a used X9 10spd type 2 rear derailleur recently but when I mounted it up, it would not hold tension on the chain. It was as if the spring and clutch were backwards. I opened up the spring compartment and as soon as I loosened the bolt, the cage snapped forward. To get tension in the right direction, I had to wrap the cage/spring almost 1 full turn. Now it has tons of tension but the clutch mechanism doesn't seem to be working.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Take this thing to your favorite shop- and bring them beer. They need to get ahold of sram and let them know you have a faulty unit. This is very common and you will most likely end up with an XO derailleur for your troubles.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)
mills@southmaincycles.com
4 N. Main St. Belmont NC
704-825-8585
Santa Cruz-Giant-Banshee-Pivot-Vassago-Niner
IP Logged

The Cycle Path
IB Room
In The Loop
Project Board

Treasurer '11 to '18.
Trail Chair '12-'18,
'20-'21

Re: Type 2 X9 giving me problems
Reply #2 - 11/25/13 at 10:52pm
Print Post  
I've had good success fixing them and if that fails then yes, SRAM will probably send you a new X.O. Smiley

We carry the finest from Specialized, Yeti, Transition, and Kona.
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print