Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic local spin classes? (Read 503 times)
Natedilla
Small Cog

Work Ride Tarheel Trailblazers

local spin classes?
12/07/13 at 7:40pm
Print Post  
Haven't had much daylight time to ride lately and I'm falling off quick. Healthwise i need the excersize. I'll hit trails on the weekend.  Can anyone recommend a good local spin class weekday evenings. I live in southend

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

EAutry
Big Ring
In The Loop
Project Board

You know you'll feel better
if you ride today.....

Re: local spin classes?
Reply #1 - 12/07/13 at 8:49pm
Print Post  
Caveat up front my comment is not intended to be from the smartass perspective. Many years ago I got tired of paying the gym membership fees to do weights and spin classes in the winter, so bought a couple of these, a cheap tv with a dvd player for Spinervals , a chin up station, some dumbells and p90x, and have never looked back. Up front cost is high, but I hate paying every month for stuff. Probably why I'm one of the few with a dumb phone and no cable tv. If I'd quit drinking Belgian tripels and Imperial IPAs and Stouts I might actually look as fit as I am Cool

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

One gear really is enough..but my knees have forced me to go 1x10.

IP Logged

Natedilla
Small Cog

Work Ride Tarheel Trailblazers

Reply #2 - 12/08/13 at 4:02am
Print Post  
Thanks. Not interested in gyms either. I've got a mag trainer and an old road bike to pair up with it. May do that while watching college bball. Just tough to motivated for that..

IP Logged

battles2a5
Coaster Bike

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #3 - 12/08/13 at 3:35pm
Print Post  
The Y has decent spin classes but very crowded. I have been going to Flywheel in Cotswold off and on, and those classes are great but expensive. Tons of crossfit gyms in the Southend area if you are into that.

IP Logged

EAutry
Big Ring
In The Loop
Project Board

You know you'll feel better
if you ride today.....

Reply #4 - 12/08/13 at 9:13pm
Print Post  
For an inexpensive option you could buy a Spinerval DVD and use your indoor trainer setup. Spinerval stuff is pretty good IMHO. I've got about 10 of Coach Troy's workouts.

One gear really is enough..but my knees have forced me to go 1x10.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print