Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Matthews' new Sportsplex, Possible trails (Read 452 times)
KitJ BBQman
Big Ring

This is gonna hurt!

Matthews' new Sportsplex, Possible trails
01/06/14 at 6:24pm
Print Post  
Some of you on here may be familiar with Matthews' new sportsplex the is roughly located in the south west corner of the intersection of Ind Blvd and I-475.  It is accessible from E Charles St/Tank Town Rd, across from the Matthews Public Works facility.  The property this was built on has a lot of trails on it that were shared by 4 x 4, quads and bikes, illegally. The building of the sportsplex left a lot of woods, which still has a lot of trail on it, but not sure if it is legitimate for riding.  I saw a Char-Meck P&R truck there, so I assume it is part of the group.  Has anybody in the looked into legitimizing and expanding the trails there?

--EDIT--

I found the (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) on the Meck P&R site.  It looks like they have plans to fully utilize all of the land, but only phase 1 has been completed.  I wonder what the master plan time frame is.

« Last Edit: 01/06/14 at 6:24pm by KitJ BBQman »  
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

I used to ride; now I just drink and cry about not riding.
AIM  
IP Logged

The Cycle Path
IB Room
In The Loop
Project Board

Treasurer '11 to '18.
Trail Chair '12-'18,
'20-'21

Re: Matthews' new Sportsplex, Possible trails
Reply #1 - 01/06/14 at 6:29pm
Print Post  
Doesn't look like a whole lot of woods left after complete build out.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

We carry the finest from Specialized, Yeti, Transition, and Kona.
IP Logged

KitJ BBQman
Big Ring

This is gonna hurt!

Reply #2 - 01/06/14 at 7:07pm
Print Post  
From the GIS map, it appears that a lot of the trails were also on the parcel ( (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)) directly north of it, which is private property. So much for that idea.

I used to ride; now I just drink and cry about not riding.
AIM  
IP Logged

SCOTT_T
Big Ring

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #3 - 01/06/14 at 7:53pm
Print Post  
BITD we could leave the Rock Store and ride jeep / dirt bike trails all the way too Crown Pointe, 4 mile loop there and back.........back then nobody could shut down a trail, we went by if your rear tire could roll thru the U brake, it was good too go.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print