Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Dropper post questions?? (Read 474 times)
Tom F
In The Loop

I'm ready. Get the bike.

Dropper post questions??
01/09/14 at 11:22pm
Print Post  
Am researching info/opinions on dropper posts. Brands, an pro's and con's.

Figure while we are in the annual rain/freeze/thaw cycle that causes the fatal MTB Boredom virus to proffer this would be a good time to ask. 
Opinions please? Smiley

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

2011 (frame) Santa Cruz Superlight & Stumpy Comp (1999), 2017 Tallboy C RX2
22Levo

IP Logged

Get In Gear Bicycles
Coaster Bike

Re: Dropper post questions??
Reply #1 - 01/10/14 at 12:16am
Print Post  
It's all on style of riding/majority of trails ridden on...or wanna try something new, most of us feel. For some of us personally, never used one, but trying out a XFusion Hilo 125 on our FOES F275 Demo...went for the lever option instead of cluttering the cockpit...it has it's positives & negatives, but thats like everything in the industry.

The lever is just under the nose of the seat & its nice to hit, though when going to the up position, lean forward vs getting off the seat completely, or you'll have a "shortness of breath moment" we'll say...we're all getting use to the function of it, there are many models out & about. Thompson post....... Cheesy

from some of the crew...

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

Our company takes pride on doing the right thing, leading by example  and accepting no compromises to create the ultimate customer experience! Located minutes away from Sherman Branch, Harrisburg Half Mile & closest to Uwharrie! Post ride beverage or place to escape & talk bikes...we have 'em cold & various drafts all the time! Located right on 49 & 485, 12056 University City Blvd. 704-456-7990. Happy Grinding to all.... (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)
IP Logged

Gravitythief76
In The Loop
Project Board

Just say no to Man-dex

Reply #2 - 01/10/14 at 1:12am
Print Post  
Love my reverb. Use it 8-10x ride even @ beatty. 2 years 1 bleed, did it myself and I am NO mechanic.. That being said...Never understood the lever below the seat thing. Who wants to ride around like some ghetto-reject hip-hop "star" grabbing at their crotch every time you want to drop your post? The whole point of a dropper post is to allow you to position yourself on the bike for optimal control, having to let go of the bars to do it seems rather counter-intuitive. My $0.02

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

I'M STILL ALIVE!!!!

IP Logged

smirniotisice
Coaster Bike

Crash Bandicoot

Reply #3 - 01/10/14 at 3:10pm
Print Post  
I have a thompson and reverb.  The reverb has a little play in the post buy the lever is better.  The thompson has no play and is cable which is nice but the lever is a little awkward.

I've crashed everywhere!!!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print