Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Print
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) BYT a muddy mess. (Read 2528 times)
worker-rider
In The Loop

BYT a muddy mess.
01/12/14 at 2:52am
Print Post  
Please stay out for a few days. Hopefully it will dry out some by wed or so. Going out Sunday to cut trees that are down and will post up conditions when done. Going to also finish ramp onto log ride if we have time before game. I am sure there is more stuff down after the winds and rain sat. Let me know where and it will get taken care of next weekend. That goes for PRP and MD. Thanks for your patience in the drying process. I won't to ride also. Looks like greenways for a few days.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

JR
Big Ring

Re: BYT a muddy mess.
Reply #1 - 01/12/14 at 3:00pm
Print Post  
Scott and I just kicked out two azzholes riding out here this morning that even admitted to saying, "we should have kniwn better".

2.5 inches of rain in 24 hours.

stay out of BYT for a couple days!!!!
don't you all think we want to ride as well?!

I have plans on catching those who disregard the rules and disrespect the trail here....

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

"Don't rely on those who won't try"

IP Logged

pajamajammyjam

Work Ride Tarheel Trailblazers

Reply #2 - 01/12/14 at 3:25pm
Print Post  
While you are correct about people shouldn't be out there riding today. You have no right to "kick" some A$$$$$e as you put it off the property or retaliate in anyway. I understand you guys do a lot of work out there and feel a sense of ownership but you really have no more than that "A$$$$$e". This is a slippery slope be careful. I know if someone got too aggressive with me about it I'd likely knock them on their ass

IP Logged

climber
Project Board

Reply #3 - 01/12/14 at 5:48pm
Print Post  
I predict this thread will now reach 10 pages.  But the game is about to start.

IP Logged

Impaler 58
Big Ring

Reply #4 - 01/12/14 at 6:32pm
Print Post  
The whole southeast is a muddy mess............

GTalk  
IP Logged

Tom F
In The Loop

I'm ready. Get the bike.

Reply #5 - 01/12/14 at 6:46pm
Print Post  
Impaler 58 wrote on 01/12/14 at 6:32pm:
The whole southeast is a muddy mess............

yup. That's why I am watching fooball today. Sad

2011 (frame) Santa Cruz Superlight & Stumpy Comp (1999), 2017 Tallboy C RX2
22Levo

IP Logged

MountainCycle
Big Ring

Unelite p***^. Heartbreak
lover.

Reply #6 - 01/12/14 at 8:06pm
Print Post  
This thread has been thread-jacked. It is specifically for comments about back yard trails being muddy.

HotpinkHarorigidSpecializedEnduroFSRMountainCycleSanAndreasGaryFisherCobiaTrekSuperflyEliteCanfieldbrothersyelliscreamySantaCruzSuperlight29SurlyPugs nother'YelliScreamySalsaTimberjackYTJeffsy27

IP Logged

JimShoe
Big Ring

Reply #7 - 01/12/14 at 9:09pm
Print Post  
It still comes down to the fact that there will always be someone who has no respect for the trails or those who put a lot of labor into them. I originally planned on going to Uwharrie but skipped it as I felt even that needs a day or so at times. We've had a lot of rain this winter and we all know it does not dry as fast with short days and lower temperatures along with saturated soil. Sadly, rain is in the forecast for Monday and Tuesday. Need to ride? Head to Ray's in Cleveland  Smiley

When the government takes responsibility for the people, the people will no longer take responsibility for themselves

IP Logged

pajamajammyjam

Reply #8 - 01/12/14 at 9:22pm
Print Post  
I rode laurel pilot yesterday and it was either rock or bone dry. I think you are looking in the wrong places

IP Logged

climber
Project Board

Reply #9 - 01/12/14 at 9:26pm
Print Post  
pajamajammyjam wrote on 01/12/14 at 3:25pm:
While you are correct about people shouldn't be out there riding today. You have no right to "kick" some A$$$$$e as you put it off the property or retaliate in anyway. I understand you guys do a lot of work out there and feel a sense of ownership but you really have no more than that "A$$$$$e". This is a slippery slope be careful. I know if someone got too aggressive with me about it I'd likely knock them on their ass

I think JR's characterization of the riders as azzholes is unfortunate and I wish he would not do that but the vast majority of riders out there are experienced and should know better.  It's not like some trails that are just crawling with new riders.  While you are right that they had no legal right to kick anyone out I think we all have an obligation to self police.  You should apply as much peer pressure as possible to riders that abuse the trail.   In addition, the people that work with the land managers to secure legal access, that have the vision and drive to build the trails and that toil away with the thankless job of maintaining them do have more "rights".  They have earned the right to determine whether trails are open or not and as a part of a community their desision should be respected.  As for any talk of violence, I would ask for calm.  Although I would caution you that JR was trained by Uncle Sam to kill people and Worker-rider is no stranger to bar fights.

IP Logged

slayemf
Big Ring

Reply #10 - 01/12/14 at 9:29pm
Print Post  
Instead of bitching I rode my bike to WWC and back,,,when I get my new ride ,,it is on...rode rideing as Jerry says IS FUNNNNN,,pedal, pedal pedal,,,Just Sayin..

IP Logged

JR
Big Ring

Reply #11 - 01/12/14 at 9:31pm
Print Post  
pajamajammyjam wrote on 01/12/14 at 3:25pm:

Smiley Smiley Smiley

I look forward to meeting you at the next BYT workday.

As far as trail conditions at the time they "knew better" than to ride, well:

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

Scott and I got some downed trees cleared out.  Thanks to whomever hand-sawed out the limbs of that one tree. You had to be exhausted.

The sun was starting to dry up the trail, but if the forecast is calling for more rain, then it won't be ready until probably the end of the week.

Thanks  for respecting the trail! Wink

IP Logged

JR
Big Ring

Reply #12 - 01/12/14 at 9:35pm
Print Post  
slayemf wrote on 01/12/14 at 9:29pm:
Instead of bitching I rode my bike to WWC and back,,,when I get my new ride ,,it is on...rode rideing as Jerry says IS FUNNNNN,,pedal, pedal pedal,,,Just Sayin..

You need to add some drainage to your hit on the jumpline cause right now it's a pond. Do work.

IP Logged

JR
Big Ring

Reply #13 - 01/12/14 at 9:40pm
Print Post  
climber wrote on 01/12/14 at 9:26pm:

I think JR's characterization of the riders as azzholes is unfortunate and I wish he would not do that

That was said because these two riders KNEW what they were doing was wrong, but they continued to ride due to their self-entitlement.
I have ZERO respect for people like that.

They'd be the first ones complaining why a trail was in such bad shape....

I'm done.  Ready to sit down, have a beer, and watch my first game today.

IP Logged

Oden
Project Board

Reply #14 - 01/12/14 at 9:57pm
Print Post  
Trail work is not a "thankless" job... I have many riders thanking me as they pass by.. and every once in a while a rider will stop to help. Besides, in my case, I build/maintain cause its good for the body and I enjoy it sometimes as much as riding.  Smiley

IP Logged

slayemf
Big Ring

Reply #15 - 01/12/14 at 10:15pm
Print Post  
roger dodger, soon as I can I will get out there and do some work, but for now I want to ride, I want to re direct the flow line of water on that berm and oh I do do work, a lot of work..Knowing I have not rode the trails in for mor e than a minute makes me mad but the urban riding and road riding gives me time tot think of what needs to be done out there.. My bad I don't have a car but it happens due to my irresponsibilities. I just chose to spend money on a bike instead of fixing my car. It happens but I will do work out there and it will be tits...I give you much praise JR for all the work you do out there, we need more workers like yourself out there, ODEN by the way is the trail king and he knows his shiz so dare someone to talk shiz about him. Just sayin...

IP Logged

slayemf
Big Ring

Reply #16 - 01/12/14 at 10:39pm
Print Post  
Respect to you JR,,, never talking shiz here about you.I was just trying to respond to your post about people rideing the trails wet..No offense should be taken..One love..

IP Logged

Banjopickin
Big Ring

Spinnin' knees & Hittin'
trees since '85

Reply #17 - 01/12/14 at 10:46pm
Print Post  
Oden wrote on 01/12/14 at 9:57pm:
Trail work is not a "thankless" job... I have many riders thanking me as they pass by.. and every once in a while a rider will stop to help. Besides, in my case, I build/maintain cause its good for the body and I enjoy it sometimes as much as riding.  Smiley

I think your trail work is terrible and you should stop....

But seriously he nailed it.

At Beatty people thank me as they ride through the muck and mud I'm shoveling 2 hours after an inch and a half of rain got dumped on the trail haha! We even had someone drop off a cooler full of ice cold drinks one time, true story. I used to cuss the folks I'd see out riding when the trail was closed but like my Dad and Jay-Z say, "dont argue with fools, people at a distance cant tell who is who..." 

I understand the frustration but people are people, if they weren't they'd be something else all together. Dig trail cause you enjoy it... 

Also, I can think of one thing that anyone can do when the trails are closed....trail work.

Glad you got a road bike Slay, we oughta rip up some road sometime...I dont do alot of City riding.
« Last Edit: 01/12/14 at 10:48pm by Banjopickin »  

Advocat wrote on 08/22/13 at 5:16pm:
...packin some Chub in the back of the pick-up.

IP Logged

slayemf
Big Ring

Reply #18 - 01/12/14 at 11:36pm
Print Post  
Banjopickin wrote on 01/12/14 at 10:46pm:

I think your trail work is terrible and you should stop....

But seriously he nailed it.

At Beatty people thank me as they ride through the muck and mud I'm shoveling 2 hours after an inch and a half of rain got dumped on the trail haha! We even had someone drop off a cooler full of ice cold drinks one time, true story. I used to cuss the folks I'd see out riding when the trail was closed but like my Dad and Jay-Z say, "dont argue with fools, people at a distance cant tell who is who..." 

I understand the frustration but people are people, if they weren't they'd be something else all together. Dig trail cause you enjoy it... 

Also, I can think of one thing that anyone can do when the trails are closed....trail work.

Glad you got a road bike Slay, we oughta rip up some road sometime...I dont do alot of City riding.
cool. I am in it...maybe sometime this or next week.urban...

IP Logged

DrewK
Small Cog

Reply #19 - 01/13/14 at 1:04am
Print Post  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Print