Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Beatty this afternoon 1/18? (Read 850 times)
Mr.B
Coaster Bike

Beatty this afternoon 1/18?
01/18/14 at 3:36pm
Print Post  
Thinking 2 laps at 2:00, anyone interested in joining?

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

Gravitythief76
In The Loop
Project Board

Just say no to Man-dex

Re: Beatty this afternoon 1/18?
Reply #1 - 01/18/14 at 4:19pm
Print Post  
Lemme know where the trouble spots are. Im guessing its messy.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

I'M STILL ALIVE!!!!

IP Logged

Mr.B
Coaster Bike

Reply #2 - 01/18/14 at 4:41pm
Print Post  
Will do.  I was going to skip chigger hollow, because I know that'll be a mess.

IP Logged

Mr.B
Coaster Bike

Reply #3 - 01/18/14 at 9:49pm
Print Post  
Trail was in good condition.  The only issue was over near the soccer fields where the trails switchbacks a few times before you go over the log rollover.  There's water coming down the hill from the neighborhood.  It was funneling down a natural channel, but then started flowing straight down the trail.  I cut a channel across the trail to divert the water.  That 100ft section of trail is going to be swampy for a few days.  Other than that, everything else is dry. 

Mike

IP Logged

Gravitythief76
In The Loop
Project Board

Just say no to Man-dex

Reply #4 - 01/18/14 at 9:59pm
Print Post  
Nice! Thx for the report!

I'M STILL ALIVE!!!!

IP Logged

Advocat
In The Loop
Project Board

Reply #5 - 01/19/14 at 3:35pm
Print Post  
Yea, what Bigtoe said. Very good shape overall. Chigger hollow very good too. This is first time I recall that particular section behind soccar fields being an issue. Should dry soon. Couple'a greasy spots after bridge on section near road that ends at the tennis parking lot.

TRAILS........................................CONNECT........................................PEOPLE

IP Logged

Oskie
In The Loop

Reply #6 - 01/19/14 at 7:24pm
Print Post  
Mr.B wrote on 01/18/14 at 9:49pm:
Trail was in good condition.  The only issue was over near the soccer fields where the trails switchbacks a few times before you go over the log rollover.  There's water coming down the hill from the neighborhood.  It was funneling down a natural channel, but then started flowing straight down the trail.  I cut a channel across the trail to divert the water.  That 100ft section of trail is going to be swampy for a few days.  Other than that, everything else is dry. 

Mike

With how clear and how long that water's been flowing there, I think there's a natural spring or something.  I tried to clean up those three crossings this morning but ran out of stone and energy at the third crossing so I just reused an old section of PVC pipe as a temporary fix to get the water across the trail.  If the trail coordinator would supply us with the appropriate materials, we could do a more permanent fix.
« Last Edit: 01/19/14 at 7:25pm by Oskie »  

IP Logged

Gravitythief76
In The Loop
Project Board

Just say no to Man-dex

Reply #7 - 01/19/14 at 7:55pm
Print Post  
On it!

I'M STILL ALIVE!!!!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print