Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Tire selection question (Read 370 times)
Bugaboo
Coaster Bike

Work Ride Tarheel Trailblazers

Tire selection question
02/22/14 at 5:05pm
Print Post  
Putting a new set of tires on my full suspension 29'er.  Currently have a Nobby Nic 2.25 on the front and a 2.25 Racing Ralph on the rear. Liked the combo but was thinking of   putting a 2.35 Nobby Nic on the front and a 2.35 Racing Ralph on the back...or trying a Maxxis Ardent on the front (2.25? 2.4?).  I am planning on training locally, in Pisgah and doing TSE again this year.
Thoughts?
Suggestions?

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

"The trail is the thing, not the end of the trail. Travel too fast and you miss all that you are traveling for."

IP Logged

Yellowduck
Big Ring

Re: Tire selection question
Reply #1 - 02/22/14 at 6:10pm
Print Post  
Everybody has their own opinion on tires but I like Rocket Rons front and Racing Ralphs in the rear.  On a full suspension I run a narrow tire like a 2.0 on the rear.  You don't need the extra volume like on a hard tail to soften the ride.  The narrow tire has less rolling resistance.
« Last Edit: 02/22/14 at 6:11pm by Yellowduck »  
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

"Riding skinny is too easy"
-MB
IP Logged

gonzo
In The Loop

Re: Tire selection question
Reply #2 - 02/23/14 at 12:20am
Print Post  
I like the ardent 2.4 up front on both squish and rigid.  I haven't had it break loose on anything since I started running it.  The only drawbacks are that it's a little heavy and it will throw mud in your face if the trail gets sloppy.  As far as the rear, follow someone else's lead, I haven't found the magical answer there yet.  I can tell you that Yellowduck is pretty darn fast, so when he offers advice, listen.

I have reason to believe that the squirrels are mocking me.
YIMAIM  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print