Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic New rotors with new pads? (Read 513 times)
Lrak2.0
Coaster Bike

Up the Irons!

New rotors with new pads?
03/30/14 at 12:48am
Print Post  
I've had Hayes HFX 9 and Avid BB7 in the past and after pad changes I'd end up with different noises etc. I have formula oro's now and they have performed flawlessly for me. It's getting time for new pads and wanted some input....is it advisable to go ahead and replace the rotors to avoid any problems with performance, noise etc?

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

"Sorry folks-parks closed,the moose out front should've told ya"

IP Logged

MTBman1127
Small Cog

Work Ride Drink Beer

Re: New rotors with new pads?
Reply #1 - 03/30/14 at 1:05am
Print Post  
I have never had to change rotor's when changing out pads. I simply do a good cleaning on them with some isopro alcohol and a paper towel. (Don't use shop rags as they sometimes have oil on them) You should be good to go after that. 

The only time I ever replace my rotors is if I warp the crap out of them, Dent them or overheat them to the point of glazing.

Just my .02cents

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

Triangle Pest Control - 704.698.5357 - Low Trailblazer Rates
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

Enoch
Forum Administrator
IB Room
Project Board
In The Loop

Walked with God and he
was not

Reply #2 - 03/30/14 at 1:50am
Print Post  
If my rotors get dished, I'll replace them with new pads. Other wise I sand them with 400 grit wipe with alcohol and ride on.

Do what you like. Stop hating people for their riding habits and get back to hating them for their skin color, religion, politics, and sexual orientation.

IP Logged

PainkillerSPE
Big Ring

Reply #3 - 03/30/14 at 4:35pm
Print Post  
i found that a little bit of bar keepers friend is great for cleaning stainless steal rotors.

rob wrote on 05/01/12 at 6:01pm:
Shearing the shaft member after a hard ride is acceptable in my book.

IP Logged

renoirbud
Small Cog

Reply #4 - 03/30/14 at 8:54pm
Print Post  
Rotors have a min specified thickness, if yours are within spec, clean and carry on.   

E-Bikes = Trail Closures

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print