Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  Print
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) WWC Improvements (Read 12770 times)
lee flythe
Coaster Bike

Re: WWC Improvements
Reply #40 - 05/29/14 at 8:02pm
Print Post  
When the Lake Loop is closed it is at the request of the property owner.  That loop is on private property owned by a pipeline management company which seldom has reason to visit the property.  However, when they do have workers onsite they ask us to keep all visitors clear.  Currently they have asked us to keep it closed from Wednesday until Saturday, although re-opening relies solely on completion of their project.  Our contact notifies us immediately when their staff are done, and we re-open as soon as possible.   
For anyone reading this, please respect these closures.  The property owners do not benefit from sharing their property with us, and if we do not play by their rules they can simply remove us and our trail from their property.   

On a different topic, a .34 mile extension has just been added to North Main.  We opened it about half an hour ago, so plenty of people should have a chance to ride it tonight during River Jam.  It is located at the end of "The Point" and it rejoins the traditional trail within several yards of where it begins. Give it a roll on your next ride.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

work to eat.  eat to live.  live to ride.  ride to work.
IP Logged

Robert C.
Big Ring

Leaves are the ultimate
trail maintenance tool

Reply #41 - 05/30/14 at 3:07am
Print Post  
lee flythe wrote on 05/29/14 at 8:02pm:

On a different topic, a .34 mile extension has just been added to North Main.  We opened it about half an hour ago, so plenty of people should have a chance to ride it tonight during River Jam.  It is located at the end of "The Point" and it rejoins the traditional trail within several yards of where it begins. Give it a roll on your next ride.   

I knew the trail was new when I rode it tonight, just didn't realize how new.  Great job putting something in place that adds mileage, keeps things interesting, and was obviously built with sustainability in mind.  Will be fantastic after it settles in.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

collin_i
Little Ring

Reply #42 - 05/30/14 at 12:41pm
Print Post  
Lee - I've been very critical of the USNWC in the past. I even sent some strongly worded letters (er, emails?). I didn't air it out here, cause I didn't think that was productive. 

That said, the work that's been done in the last year is outstanding. Thank you, and keep it up!

IP Logged

ChosenOne
Little Ring

Reply #43 - 05/30/14 at 12:55pm
Print Post  
Thanks for the update.  The new section is pretty sweet...   

lee flythe wrote on 05/29/14 at 8:02pm:
When the Lake Loop is closed it is at the request of the property owner.  That loop is on private property owned by a pipeline management company which seldom has reason to visit the property.  However, when they do have workers onsite they ask us to keep all visitors clear.  Currently they have asked us to keep it closed from Wednesday until Saturday, although re-opening relies solely on completion of their project.  Our contact notifies us immediately when their staff are done, and we re-open as soon as possible.  
For anyone reading this, please respect these closures.  The property owners do not benefit from sharing their property with us, and if we do not play by their rules they can simply remove us and our trail from their property.  

IP Logged

bikermedic
Little Ring

Swim, Bike, Run 140.6

Reply #44 - 05/30/14 at 1:17pm
Print Post  
Any word on when the Creeper tail is going to re-open?  I know its not a WWC trail, but if anyone had insight it might be gained here....

IP Logged

ChosenOne
Little Ring

Reply #45 - 05/30/14 at 1:32pm
Print Post  
Last I heard early July.. like the 4th or there abouts..

bikermedic wrote on 05/30/14 at 1:17pm:
Any word on when the Creeper tail is going to re-open?  I know its not a WWC trail, but if anyone had insight it might be gained here....

IP Logged

ChosenOne
Little Ring

Reply #46 - 06/01/14 at 2:25pm
Print Post  
no rain yesterday...  Why are the trails still closed?

IP Logged

lee flythe
Coaster Bike

Reply #47 - 06/01/14 at 3:24pm
Print Post  
Actually, there was rain yesterday, and the trails are still quite soft.  I have spent a good amount of time this morning monitoring the conditions, and will continue to do so throughout the day. These trails do not dry as fast as most people think.

IP Logged

lee flythe
Coaster Bike

Reply #48 - 06/01/14 at 5:10pm
Print Post  
Trails are open.  Thanks for your patience.

IP Logged

ChosenOne
Little Ring

Reply #49 - 06/01/14 at 5:46pm
Print Post  
Thanks for the update!

lee flythe wrote on 06/01/14 at 5:10pm:
Trails are open.  Thanks for your patience.

IP Logged

WILL704

Work Ride Tarheel Trailblazers

Reply #50 - 06/02/14 at 4:28pm
Print Post  
Hi, will there be an announcement made regarding the lake loop reopening? 

Thanks,

Will

IP Logged

lee flythe
Coaster Bike

Reply #51 - 06/02/14 at 5:31pm
Print Post  
Lake Loop was re-opened yesterday.

IP Logged

mtbkpete
Coaster Bike

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #52 - 06/02/14 at 9:38pm
Print Post  
Rode the trail today, like the .34 mile addition to Nrth Main. 
Will be fine when it's worn in some. Missed out the gas line
climb and weigh station but still clocked 16:5 mile, neat!!!

He who dares wins.

IP Logged

fatboy
Small Cog

Reply #53 - 06/05/14 at 5:34pm
Print Post  
loved the new addition on point.  hated not having any momentum to get back up the hill on a single speed.

Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

IP Logged

Robert C.
Big Ring

Leaves are the ultimate
trail maintenance tool

Reply #54 - 06/06/14 at 1:23am
Print Post  
What's the e.t.a on The Pumphouse?

IP Logged

MTBman1127
Small Cog

Work Ride Drink Beer

Reply #55 - 06/06/14 at 1:40am
Print Post  
Rode out there on Tuesday and had a good time. I like the additions on north main. Only thing I would wish for is a small berm or rut after the step down on the "lake drop" section. If you air it out its about darn near impossible to make that left hand corner. I had a scary fun slide through there the last time.

Triangle Pest Control - 704.698.5357 - Low Trailblazer Rates
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

Dirkdee
Coaster Bike

Reply #56 - 06/06/14 at 8:37pm
Print Post  
MTBman1127 wrote on 06/06/14 at 1:40am:
"lake drop"

Lake? Catawba River? Anyway I think I know the one you are talking about... I had the same problem, it kinda helps if you huck off to the left to set yourself up for the corner.

IP Logged

MTBman1127
Small Cog

Work Ride Drink Beer

Reply #57 - 06/06/14 at 8:58pm
Print Post  
Hey that's what the almighty Strava calls it lol

Triangle Pest Control - 704.698.5357 - Low Trailblazer Rates
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

RobP
Big Ring

Reply #58 - 06/07/14 at 1:23am
Print Post  
I rode out there today, and agree it keeps getting better.

MTBman1127 wrote on 06/06/14 at 1:40am:
Rode out there on Tuesday and had a good time. I like the additions on north main. Only thing I would wish for is a small berm or rut after the step down on the "lake drop" section. If you air it out its about darn near impossible to make that left hand corner. I had a scary fun slide through there the last time.

Holy smokes I couldn't agree more.  I hit that little hip and then the step down and held on for dear life as I tried to turn left and went off the trail.  It doesnt help matters that with no moisture that clay might as well be ice when you are trying to brake and turn at speed.  I think you'd need more than a small berm!  How about a big berm and a sign?

Great job, the DS/Flow trail at the top of the Wedge trail is coming along nicely too.  There is a new step down that's really nice.  Any plans to bring it all the way down back to the start of the Wedge?

IP Logged

jowens
Coaster Bike

Work Ride Tarheel Trailblazers

Reply #59 - 06/09/14 at 12:00am
Print Post  
Anyone know what total mileage is now, excluding the Thread Trail?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 
Print