Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  Print
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) WWC Improvements (Read 12828 times)
pagan696
Small Cog

Pedal to the Meddle

Re: WWC Improvements
Reply #60 - 06/09/14 at 2:11am
Print Post  
I rode Fri eve and only skipped Goat and Toilet Bowl (late start, wanted to finish on lake loop) and got 16mi, including East, Wedge, and Lake, but not the new dual slalom. So add about 3mi +/- to be around 19. Adding the Wedge DS, the old gas line DH, the old Goat rock garden, double-ups to contine on riding everything, and some times i will hit the N-S connector back to the lower pond for refreshments... you could have another 2-3 miles. Then when CLC CTT is back open, 2 out/2 back you'd be in the 25mi range?

The new lower Point trail was another surprise addition. They're putting in a lot of effort out there. Thanks for all the hard work!

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

ludey
Small Cog

Probably gonna ride today

Reply #61 - 06/10/14 at 4:54pm
Print Post  
RobP wrote on 06/07/14 at 1:23am:
I rode out there today, and agree it keeps getting better.

Holy smokes I couldn't agree more.  I hit that little hip and then the step down and held on for dear life as I tried to turn left and went off the trail.  It doesnt help matters that with no moisture that clay might as well be ice when you are trying to brake and turn at speed.  I think you'd need more than a small berm!  How about a big berm and a sign?

Great job, the DS/Flow trail at the top of the Wedge trail is coming along nicely too.  There is a new step down that's really nice.  Any plans to bring it all the way down back to the start of the Wedge?

+1 or actually +100!!  The first time I hit that, I'm sure I was ghost white for a split second.  I thought I was in for a major huge crash... it's a high speed section without a doubt.  I barely avoided the endo flip, #1, then the quick left... I quickly went off the trail and barely managed to avoid something ride (season?) ending.  Aside from the danger factor, it really disrupts the flow of what is an insanely fast section... In fact, that downhill was where I would hit Max speed for the ride not counting the "outside the woods" gravel downhills.  I suppose I was pinning it knowing that fact, but it almost cost me big time.

I think it needs a sign at a minimum.  Some rework and a huge berm would be awesome!

WWC is great though, the work has been fantastic.  We have such awesome trails in Charlotte!!!

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

mwoodrow
Coaster Bike

Work Ride Tarheel Trailblazers

Reply #62 - 06/12/14 at 5:18am
Print Post  
Hit it today with my dad and man the new stuff is really good, liking it a lot.  As for the lake drop, it def needs a berm at the bottom and you could really sail if you wanted, had a blast even though we got caught in the rain and ended up a bit muddy!!

IP Logged

ChosenOne
Little Ring

Reply #63 - 06/17/14 at 9:24pm
Print Post  
Lee,
Any chance of opening this evening?

IP Logged

hardtales
Coaster Bike

All I smell is boogers

Reply #64 - 06/19/14 at 12:08pm
Print Post  
What's a suggested route for someone who wants to see all the jumps, with as short of an overall ride as possible?  Wink

WWWGTalkAIM  
IP Logged

RobP
Big Ring

Reply #65 - 06/19/14 at 12:42pm
Print Post  
hardtales wrote on 06/19/14 at 12:08pm:
What's a suggested route for someone who wants to see all the jumps, with as short of an overall ride as possible?  Wink

Ride straight out of the parking lot towards 85 and look for sign # 93.  Hit those, then ride the Wedge trail just because its fun, skip Goat hill ride along the river and up past the Weigh Station loop and into the Toilet Bowl, but take the option to the right, that will climb (short) up the powerline cut again to where the old DS starts.

IP Logged

hardtales
Coaster Bike

All I smell is boogers

Reply #66 - 06/19/14 at 12:55pm
Print Post  
RobP wrote on 06/19/14 at 12:42pm:

up the powerline cut again to where the old DS starts.

Thanks. 
Is "the old DS" the same one at #93, or a different DS?

WWWGTalkAIM  
IP Logged

RobP
Big Ring

Reply #67 - 06/19/14 at 12:58pm
Print Post  
hardtales wrote on 06/19/14 at 12:55pm:

Thanks. 
Is "the old DS" the same one at #93, or a different DS?

No the one near sign 93 is the newer more beginner friendly and in my opinion more fun section, especially if you combie it with the Wedge trail.

IP Logged

fat-ass
Coaster Bike

Reply #68 - 06/20/14 at 2:58am
Print Post  
New section at point along the river is great! Thanks again for all the great work!

IP Logged

SCOTT_T
Big Ring

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #69 - 06/21/14 at 7:08pm
Print Post  
Wedge trail is fun.

IP Logged

JokerSC
Little Ring

Reply #70 - 06/21/14 at 8:20pm
Print Post  
The place keeps getting better! Once the thread trail is back, its going to be close to 24 miles!

RideMFRide

IP Logged

Pkniland19
Coaster Bike

Reply #71 - 06/27/14 at 2:38pm
Print Post  
Anyone have an updated map with the new sections?

Yeti SB5.5
SC Chameleon

IP Logged

nicedart
Coaster Bike

Reply #72 - 07/08/14 at 2:58am
Print Post  
So last week I noticed a what looked like a fresh cut trail in between carpet and wedge. The angle of the turn made me think it was an exit so I didnt bother with it. Today I was there on off hours and decided to check it out.

It was awesome. Small climb with an amazing payoff section of jumps that don't suck. (ie carpet trail)

It seemed new, but there was a good amount of bike tracks so its had to have been there for a minute.

IP Logged

trummpus
Coaster Bike

Reply #73 - 07/21/14 at 1:50am
Print Post  
Is there a current trail map for the WWC?  It's been a few years since I've been but will be in town and plan on riding there Friday morning pre-Phish.

IP Logged

lee flythe
Coaster Bike

Reply #74 - 07/22/14 at 9:44pm
Print Post  
Why yes, there is an updated Trail Map.  We just finished it.  Find it at (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) under the "visit" tab, or just click the link below:

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

work to eat.  eat to live.  live to ride.  ride to work.
IP Logged

KitJ BBQman
Big Ring

This is gonna hurt!

Reply #75 - 07/23/14 at 12:40pm
Print Post  
Lee, that is a very nice map; thanks for putting that together, as well as for all of the new and improved trails out there!!!  Smiley

I used to ride; now I just drink and cry about not riding.
AIM  
IP Logged

WILL704

Reply #76 - 07/26/14 at 5:17pm
Print Post  
Been riding @ WWC for a couple months now...didn't realize there was an East Main. Pretty cool little trail. Thanks for the updated map!

IP Logged

MTBottles

Reply #77 - 07/28/14 at 1:49pm
Print Post  
New map looks great! I went on the slalom course yesterday for the first time since the spring, and I left with some blood on my forearms from the overgrowth. I hope this little trail isn't being "retired", but I think I'll wait for the fall before trying it again! Other than that, I'm really enjoying all of the love being put into these trails the past couple of years.  Cool

IP Logged

CLTtrailDude01
Coaster Bike

Reply #78 - 07/30/14 at 12:40am
Print Post  
SCOTT_T wrote on 06/21/14 at 7:08pm:
Wedge trail is fun.

Wedge Trail gets me excited.....  Cheesy

I figured out a good 6-7 mile cheater route mostly fun and fast route about a month ago.

If you park in the middle lot near the covered pic nick area and rest room... head down the gravel hill and enter where all the canopy zip lines are.  You will zip in and ride some fun stuff under the zips... don't take the sign to the left that directs you to the south trail, head towards the north but not to far ahead after a few short switch back modest climbs you can drop down into the new "this year" very fast downhill flowy berm section. (if you come from the north this is an exit that will take you out to the rapids).  Anyway now you are flowing through the south trails... pick off carpet if you're into that (not included in the 6-7 miles above) cut off and hit the very fun wedge trail and continue... (skip goat and weigh station) on your southern journey.... skip Toilet bowl... unless well... then out in to the open,  cross under power lines, finish the south trails until you get to Lake Loop entrance... do Lake Loop and see how many rental helmets you can knock off... cross back over (under power lines) to the place you entered to begin with under the zip lines (but stay on the trail here) then when you pop out at the left side of the rapids (back facing the main complex) take a hard right, head to the bike shop and enjoy a Bells Two Hearted Ale or whatever strikes your fancy.   Cool

This is a good I'm tired route but still want to get a good ride in. 

Edit: This could be closer to 8 miles as I have been told my Garmin is slightly off without the wheel attachment.
« Last Edit: 07/30/14 at 12:41am by CLTtrailDude01 »  

IP Logged

KomodoDragin
Coaster Bike

Reply #79 - 07/30/14 at 2:01am
Print Post  
I also had no idea there was an east trail. I'll have to give it a go next time I'm out there.

"Dang! You got shocks... pegs... Lucky! You ever take it off any sweet jumps?"
-Napoleon Dynamite

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 
Print