Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Take a Hike or Bring your bike... (Read 505 times)
Banjopickin
Big Ring

Spinnin' knees & Hittin'
trees since '85

Take a Hike or Bring your bike...
04/29/14 at 12:47am
Print Post  
This Saturday, May 3rd

If anyone has ever wanted to try Cane Creek Park's trail system this weekend is your chance....

We're having a free festival for folks wanting to get out on the trails

No entrance fee or trail access fee from 10am-2pm.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) 

A free trail map is available here: (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

If anyone would like advice on what to ride and where the real good stuff is shoot me a PM and I'll give you directions. Its usually $4 entrance and $3 trail access ($7 total to ride) so take advantage if this free weekend cause it aint gonna happen again anytime soon.

Unfortunately I wont be there working the event, but I'd be more than happy to lend advice or whatever on whats fun to ride. 

C'mon out and ride one of the OG trails in the Charlotte area...
« Last Edit: 04/29/14 at 1:00am by Banjopickin »  
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

Advocat wrote on 08/22/13 at 5:16pm:
...packin some Chub in the back of the pick-up.

IP Logged

Advocat
In The Loop
Project Board

Re: Take a Hike or Bring your bike...
Reply #1 - 04/29/14 at 8:49pm
Print Post  
We should inundate them with riders - let 'em know what their "rather exorbitant fees" are costing 'em. Just a thought ...

I would like to ride there again and see what is currently available. I don't think I ever got quite all of it years ago and likely there's more now.
« Last Edit: 04/29/14 at 8:50pm by Advocat »  
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

TRAILS........................................CONNECT........................................PEOPLE

IP Logged

Banjopickin
Big Ring

Spinnin' knees & Hittin'
trees since '85

Re: Take a Hike or Bring your bike...
Reply #2 - 04/29/14 at 11:39pm
Print Post  
Advocat wrote on 04/29/14 at 8:49pm:
We should inundate them with riders - let 'em know what their "rather exorbitant fees" are costing 'em. Just a thought ...

I would like to ride there again and see what is currently available. I don't think I ever got quite all of it years ago and likely there's more now.

Jim,

That would actually be a really good thing if it happens. 

I always told upper department management that we have a gem of a trail system if only we could do some periodic repairs and upkeep. Also, if we could lower the fee to a more competitive level (i.e. Springs, WWC, etc), we would see more bike traffic. 

Anyone who has been around Charlotte mtn. biking for a while remembers when Cane Creek was a go to spot. Mostly because there just wasnt anything else besides Catawba, Poplar Tent, and UNCC.

I would love to see the trails slammed with bikes again. Its got everything you could want in a great trail. Fast, flow, tough climbs, natural rock gardens and creek crossings, etc. I usually do a 12-20 miler when I ride there after work and only double up a couple miles of trail.

Come on out and see what we have to offer. Make sure to let Staff and Department managers know what you want in a trail system!
« Last Edit: 04/29/14 at 11:40pm by Banjopickin »  

Advocat wrote on 08/22/13 at 5:16pm:
...packin some Chub in the back of the pick-up.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print