Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic 2014 Saturday group ride (Read 930 times)
raidermtb
Coaster Bike

Work Ride Tarheel Trailblazers

2014 Saturday group ride
05/01/14 at 7:44am
Print Post  
This saturday may 3rd we are at sherman branch.  We will meet in the parking lot at 9:00 am. Sorry this being posted so late in the week. It's been crazy chasing storms in the eastern part of the state. Hope everyone is having a great week. Hope to see you saturday.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

BigBikeMike
Project Board

Re: 2014 Saturday group ride
Reply #1 - 05/01/14 at 8:59am
Print Post  
Brian, I didn't know you're a storm chaser? I wish I could join you at Sherman, but have to move my grandson. Have a good time!

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

raidermtb
Coaster Bike

Reply #2 - 05/01/14 at 2:51pm
Print Post  
Yeh mike I get to get out and chase them from time to time. I mostly am a radar watcher for the chase teams.

IP Logged

NC_Pyga
Coaster Bike

Reply #3 - 05/02/14 at 5:14pm
Print Post  
I'll try make it Brian. I haven't ridden since we last rode at LN 3 weeks ago so no improvement in my fitness. If you don't mind a weezing, puffing and panting rider bringing up the rear I'll give it a go.

How does this trail compare to the LN loops we rode?

IP Logged

raidermtb
Coaster Bike

Reply #4 - 05/02/14 at 6:43pm
Print Post  
More technical than LN a few things I get off and walk over. I'm taking my bike with the platform pedals tomorrow so I hit a few of the technical sections and don't have to worry about falling. Not trying to scare you. Its a really fun trail lots of burms on it.

IP Logged

kawsakimx6
Big Ring

Just cause i can't do
it, don't mean i won't
try.

Reply #5 - 05/02/14 at 8:27pm
Print Post  
if i get this bike built up, i'd like to say i'm in

IP Logged

NC_Pyga
Coaster Bike

Reply #6 - 05/02/14 at 10:48pm
Print Post  
raidermtb wrote on 05/02/14 at 6:43pm:
More technical than LN a few things I get off and walk over. I'm taking my bike with the platform pedals tomorrow so I hit a few of the technical sections and don't have to worry about falling. Not trying to scare you. Its a really fun trail lots of burms on it.

I'm more concerned about my fitness. It's hardly enjoyable if your dieing on the bike  Roll Eyes I'll just walk the bits I'm not comfortable riding. I was going to swap my flats for the clip in pedals but think I'll stick with the flats just in case.

IP Logged

raidermtb
Coaster Bike

Reply #7 - 05/03/14 at 12:18pm
Print Post  
I know this is last minute guys but we had a hazmat spill at work last night and I didn't get off work until 4:00am this morning.  I'm also sick and very tired there is no way I can make it today. I am very sorry and sad at the same time. I really wanted to ride today. Hope you folks will forgive me. I will definitely be at warrior creek next saturday.

IP Logged

NC_Pyga
Coaster Bike

Reply #8 - 05/05/14 at 11:29am
Print Post  
No worries. I didn't see your message until around 9:15 when I thought something must have come up since you weren't there. I rode all the loops myself and fared much better than I did at LN. Really enjoyed it and didn't find it too difficult. Felt much stronger.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print