Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Print
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Emergency crew at wwc, sunday 8/17 (Read 3809 times)
KB
Little Ring

listen to seger

Re: Emergency crew at wwc, sunday 8/17
Reply #20 - 08/23/14 at 10:32pm
Print Post  
wow whats going on in here..?

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)
[email protected]
4 N. Main St. Belmont NC
704-825-8585
Santa Cruz-Giant-Banshee-Pivot-Vassago-Niner
IP Logged

MTBman1127
Small Cog

Work Ride Drink Beer

Reply #21 - 08/24/14 at 4:29am
Print Post  
Few thing's I noticed/thought today as I rode.

1. The first few times I rode down it, my mind made me think the rollers were jumps. They are not. That being said the speed at which I prefer to ride down that makes them more like jumps but I found I can scrub enough to manual down the backside. 

2. I enjoy that section of trail but wish it could be tweaked just a bit.

3 Why on earth are people getting so wadded up on it. To me it does not seem to be that overly hard compared to some other stuff.

4. What type of injury are they pulling out of there. I know myself if I broke a wrist/ankle/collar bone and nothing was sticking out places it shouldn't, I would just get myself back to the truck and go to the urgent care (and yes I have down this before). So it seems that maybe the injuries are people knocking them self silly? Which brings me back to point 3, what the heck are you doing so wrong you wadded yourself up that bad.  Shocked (This does not suggest someone keep track of wrecks, merely my thought as I saw the ambulance cruising in on my way out this morning)

Any who I hope they keep it and everyone gets more used to riding that style and then not as many people end up rubber side up.

my .07cents

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

Triangle Pest Control - 704.698.5357 - Low Trailblazer Rates

IP Logged

SycoCell
Coaster Bike

I can ride my bike with
no handlebars

Reply #22 - 08/24/14 at 11:17pm
Print Post  
MTBman1127 wrote on 08/24/14 at 4:29am:
Few thing's I noticed/thought today as I rode.

1. The first few times I rode down it, my mind made me think the rollers were jumps. They are not. That being said the speed at which I prefer to ride down that makes them more like jumps but I found I can scrub enough to manual down the backside. 

2. I enjoy that section of trail but wish it could be tweaked just a bit.

3 Why on earth are people getting so wadded up on it. To me it does not seem to be that overly hard compared to some other stuff.

4. What type of injury are they pulling out of there. I know myself if I broke a wrist/ankle/collar bone and nothing was sticking out places it shouldn't, I would just get myself back to the truck and go to the urgent care (and yes I have down this before). So it seems that maybe the injuries are people knocking them self silly? Which brings me back to point 3, what the heck are you doing so wrong you wadded yourself up that bad.  Shocked (This does not suggest someone keep track of wrecks, merely my thought as I saw the ambulance cruising in on my way out this morning)

Any who I hope they keep it and everyone gets more used to riding that style and then not as many people end up rubber side up.

my .07cents

+1. If people find this jump line a problem, how is it any different or harder than BYT or whatnot? It's mountain biking.  Look before you ride.  Unless it's a drop off, you can roll slowly over anything..

IP Logged

nicedart
Coaster Bike

Work Ride Tarheel Trailblazers

Reply #23 - 09/22/14 at 11:19pm
Print Post  
The tower 93 loop has been changed. Did about 7 laps on it tonight. It's less technical, but faster.

The "odd rollers" have been smoothed out. Couple of the kickers have had the angles changed. The path itself is a little different. Looks like they removed one of the turns.

IP Logged

John M
Coaster Bike

Reply #24 - 09/23/14 at 1:41am
Print Post  
Looked on the map. Were is the Tower 93 loop, no not see it on it.  Is connected to another trail.

Given the start of the thread, hope the riders are alright, praying...

IP Logged

KomodoDragin
Coaster Bike

Reply #25 - 09/23/14 at 1:59am
Print Post  
The tower 93 loop doesn't show up on the THTB map. I think it was added after the map was created. The trail map on the USNWC website appears to be more up to date:

« Last Edit: 09/23/14 at 2:03am by KomodoDragin »  

"Dang! You got shocks... pegs... Lucky! You ever take it off any sweet jumps?"
-Napoleon Dynamite

IP Logged

MTBman1127
Small Cog

Work Ride Drink Beer

Reply #26 - 09/23/14 at 2:47am
Print Post  
newb question: where does this thread trail go. It looks like it just goes off to nowhere
« Last Edit: 09/23/14 at 2:48am by MTBman1127 »  

Triangle Pest Control - 704.698.5357 - Low Trailblazer Rates

IP Logged

Bagadonuts
Coaster Bike

Reply #27 - 09/23/14 at 3:31am
Print Post  
Ryan, it goes out to Belmeade Rd. and ends in a small loop.  Awesome trail, tons of flow in both directions.  I glad they opened it back up.

IP Logged

csquared
Little Ring

Get busy living or Get
Busy Dying!

Reply #28 - 09/23/14 at 6:38pm
Print Post  
MTBman1127 wrote on 09/23/14 at 2:47am:
newb question: where does this thread trail go. It looks like it just goes off to nowhere

Ryan, that thread trail is the Long Creek Trail I believe.... if so, it's Part of the Carolina Thread trail... a future master plan of trails interconnecting metro areas to one another via a system of trails.  As an out an Back, I doubt you'll like it... but, below is more information on it and a link to the Carolina Thread trail website about Long creek.  I've not been on it but most of the trails I've seen off the tread trail seem more or less akin to greenways as opposed to MTB Trails.  This one could be diff but... just an fyi.

« Last Edit: 09/23/14 at 6:40pm by csquared »  

IP Logged

lee flythe
Coaster Bike

Reply #29 - 09/23/14 at 9:04pm
Print Post  
The Long Creek section of the Carolina Thread Trail is definitely a singletrack MTB Trail.  There are plenty of sections of the Thread Trail in other areas which are Greenways, but the section connecting to USNWC is not.  It is my understanding that the trail will eventually be extended to connect to other portions of the Thread Trail elsewhere, but the project is just beginning to come into realization.  At the moment, the Long Creek portion of this trail is an out-and-back style 2-way trail between the upper portion of the USNWC Figure 8 Loop and Belmeade Rd.

work to eat.  eat to live.  live to ride.  ride to work.
IP Logged

rokka23md
Coaster Bike

Reply #30 - 09/24/14 at 12:23am
Print Post  
Tower 93 was closed yesterday. Looks like they may have been doing some work on the jumps.

IP Logged

The Cycle Path
IB Room
In The Loop
Project Board

Treasurer '11 to '18.
Trail Chair '12-'18,
'20-'21

Reply #31 - 09/24/14 at 1:34pm
Print Post  
Glad to hear that section of Thread Trail is back open. May start putting Catawba back into the rotation. Smiley

We carry the finest from Specialized, Yeti, Transition, and Kona.
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Print