Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic How early have you ridden BYT? (Read 927 times)
49erRider
Ex Member

How early have you ridden BYT?
08/24/14 at 11:22pm
Print Post  
So with the new addition to the family, my riding time has gone from everyday to Friday-Sunday.  I'm only twenty minutes from BYT if no traffic and am considering doing some super early morning runs.  Anyone else on the 5-5:30 am plan?

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

santana
Little Ring

Ich bin für Sie zu schnell

Re: How early have you ridden BYT?
Reply #1 - 08/25/14 at 2:21am
Print Post  
Pretty sure you would have the place to yourself. Thinking you and the spiders will have an epic battle for supremacy. Keep in mind if you are going to ride at such an early time let your coworkers know that if you do not show up for work, then you may be laying out in the woods. It could be late in the day if anyone else would come up on you. Enjoy the solitude.

ciao
Santana

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

Do you suffur from nympholespy as I?

IP Logged

benwe
Coaster Bike

Work Ride Tarheel Trailblazers

Reply #2 - 08/25/14 at 8:56am
Print Post  
I did it the year my son was born. It is a wonderful ride and you will probably see lots of deer and eat lots of spider webs. I finally got a large loop of Velcro to wrap around my stem so I could put a large curved stick to clear the webs before they hit my face. Good luck and have fun. 

IP Logged

SycoCell
Coaster Bike

I can ride my bike with
no handlebars

Reply #3 - 08/25/14 at 12:14pm
Print Post  
I wish I could bring myself to get out of bed and ride with you that early....(as I'm laying in bed responding)

IP Logged

jnusb

Trek Wahoo

Reply #4 - 08/25/14 at 12:37pm
Print Post  
And here I am thinking that 6:20 am on the trail has been early!

IP Logged

49erRider
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 08/25/14 at 12:59pm
Print Post  
I figure if I'm off the trail by 6:15 I can get to the Y and shower in time for work.  I might try it later this week.  Obviously I'll be a little more cautious.

IP Logged

Pkniland19
Coaster Bike

Work Ride Tarheel Trailblazers

Reply #6 - 08/25/14 at 1:25pm
Print Post  
What kind of lights you running that early?

Yeti SB5.5
SC Chameleon

IP Logged

49erRider
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 08/25/14 at 2:51pm
Print Post  
SL2K of course

IP Logged

Bobadamus
Coaster Bike

Exorcise Me!

Reply #8 - 08/28/14 at 12:26am
Print Post  
We are riding at 7:15 am on Fridays now, but only when it suppose to be highs in the 90s later.  Please ride on Friday's and clear those spiders out for me. Grin

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print