Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic MTB's on Rock Hill BMX Track (Read 675 times)
James Banta
Small Cog

Work Ride Tarheel Trailblazers

MTB's on Rock Hill BMX Track
09/16/14 at 6:40pm
Print Post  
Hopefully this hasn't been discussed yet...

Does anyone know if you can ride the BMX course with mountain bikes?  I'd kill to take a spin down the course.  If we can, I assume there would be a specific practice time slot that we would be allowed?

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

worker-rider
In The Loop

Re: MTB's on Rock Hill BMX Track
Reply #1 - 09/17/14 at 12:31am
Print Post  
I was told that you could but I would give them a ring first.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

John M
Coaster Bike

Reply #2 - 09/23/14 at 1:51am
Print Post  
James, we were out there a few months ago and they filling out the rules, but they were hoping by fall to allow MTB.   Cool to talk to an old RC Racer.  John Morris.

I am just regular mountain biking around the north (N.Meck, Fisher, Beatty).  Been doing it for about 3 months now.

IP Logged

James Banta
Small Cog

Reply #3 - 09/23/14 at 4:33pm
Print Post  
Awesome John!  It would be awesome to take a few laps on the BMX track with an 1/8th scale buggy too.   

Seems like all my R/C friends are riding now...Brian Hester, Phil Craver, Marlowe, Stacey Wood, Chris Pace...hmmmmm and I'm sure many more!

IP Logged

John M
Coaster Bike

Reply #4 - 09/23/14 at 4:44pm
Print Post  
Yep, rode with Stacey a couple of weeks ago, but it was on-road with my MTB.  I now ride everyday over at North Meck trail (great 3 mile loop).  I rode the other day at Francis Beatty and had a lot of fun.  Trying to talk Stacey in going from on-road to MTB. 

Yep, seen Brian and Phil and know that they are very skilled and have the high end bikes.  Mine is a hardtail 29er but with a regular spring shock.  Eventually will move up to the higher end bike (the full Kanai Kyosho  Grin)   

Hope to see you around.  Maybe we can eventually set up a RC bikers group.

IP Logged

Screaming Knees
Big Ring

Reply #5 - 09/23/14 at 5:32pm
Print Post  
James Banta wrote on 09/23/14 at 4:33pm:
Awesome John!  It would be awesome to take a few laps on the BMX track with an 1/8th scale buggy too.  

Seems like all my R/C friends are riding now...Brian Hester, Phil Craver, Marlowe, Stacey Wood, Chris Pace...hmmmmm and I'm sure many more!

Need to get Melton on a bike...

A mountain biker that doesn't ride a road bike has no legs, A road biker that doesn't ride the mountain bike has no soul.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print