Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Denver XC (Read 502 times)
akibagreen

Work Ride Tarheel Trailblazers

Denver XC
09/20/14 at 3:21pm
Print Post  
Anyone ride out here in a while? Haven't seen in mentioned much and was gonna check it out but not sure if it's even worth the 15 min drive out there.  Usually hit WWC or N. Meck, looking for something a little different...not necessarily better. Smiley

Akiba

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

akibagreen

Re: Denver XC
Reply #1 - 09/21/14 at 7:20pm
Print Post  
bump for an answer please.  thanks guys!

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

FredRubble
Little Ring

Reply #2 - 09/21/14 at 8:18pm
Print Post  
If we are talking about the same place (you park in an old factory parking lot)....I rode it last year with a friend of mine who lives right down the road from it....We rode Poston the day before and just wanted to spin out our legs before spending the day on the lake....It's really short and not at all technical.....I wouldn't go there to ride again unless I lived really close and just wanted to get a couple hot laps in......Not dogging it, just being honest....You can have just as much fun cruising the neighborhood and jumping culverts....If it's the place I'm thinking of.....Takes about 20 minutes to ride.....

IP Logged

Charlottedarter
Coaster Bike

Reply #3 - 10/18/14 at 3:13pm
Print Post  
Just found out about it a couple of days ago...been missing riding for the past two years.  Bike tuned up and gave it a shot.  It is short, simple, and not very well marked.  The first section to the left appears to be pretty washed out and difficult to follow the trail, particularly now that leaves are coming down.  The back half looks like you are going in circles as everything looks the same.  Trust it, you will get to the end.  There isn't a single technical feature...just some straight forward single track through the woods and fields.  Probably ideal for beginners.  I'm now fat and slow and made it through it with no problems.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print