Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Carbon frame integrity? (Read 803 times)
Sandman
Big Ring

Carbon frame integrity?
09/23/14 at 9:29pm
Print Post  
Is there a place in town that can evaluate the integrity of a carbon bike frame?

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

"I am losing precious days. I am degenerating into a machine for making money. I am learning nothing in this trivial world of men. I must break away and get out into the mountains to learn the news.”

-John Muir

lv2mtnbk
Big Ring

body built for downhill

Re: Carbon frame integrity?
Reply #1 - 09/23/14 at 11:37pm
Print Post  
Try JRG Technologies in Conover.
Or TNT in Hickory.
« Last Edit: 09/23/14 at 11:39pm by lv2mtnbk »  
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

GEAUX TIGERS!!!

IP Logged

RobP
Big Ring

Reply #2 - 09/24/14 at 9:46am
Print Post  
Ethical integrity?  I will do that for a 6er of good beer.  Just saying.

IP Logged

flynbryan19
Small Cog

Work Ride Tarheel Trailblazers

Reply #3 - 09/24/14 at 2:22pm
Print Post  
When I was looking at buying a used carbon bike I found this article.  I found it very informative...

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

Bryan Sutherland

IP Logged

Sandman
Big Ring

Reply #4 - 09/25/14 at 2:33pm
Print Post  
Thanks yall (except RobP), I might just send it off to a place that can check it over and repair it if needed.

"I am losing precious days. I am degenerating into a machine for making money. I am learning nothing in this trivial world of men. I must break away and get out into the mountains to learn the news.”

-John Muir

flynbryan19
Small Cog

Reply #5 - 09/26/14 at 3:04pm
Print Post  
I honestly think people make carbon frames out to be much more of a black voodoo than they need to.  I've got friends that ride carbon bikes that are close to or at 10yrs old.  Never a single issue.  Just having a basic knowledge of common places for cracks, etc should get you by just fine.  People tend to forget aluminum can crack/fail as well.

Bryan Sutherland

IP Logged

Yellowduck
Big Ring

Reply #6 - 09/26/14 at 3:14pm
Print Post  
I suspect that this is a frame already showing some damage and he is wanting to know if it is cosmetic or structural.

"Riding skinny is too easy"
-MB
IP Logged

Sandman
Big Ring

Reply #7 - 09/26/14 at 6:06pm
Print Post  
Yellowduck wrote on 09/26/14 at 3:14pm:
I suspect that this is a frame already showing some damage and he is wanting to know if it is cosmetic or structural.

Correct. Looks like there is damage to the carbon and not just the clearcoat. Can anyone recommend a good repair person or should I watch a youtube video, stay at a Holiday Inn Express, grab a six pack of good beer and give it a whirl?

-John Muir

lv2mtnbk
Big Ring

body built for downhill

Reply #8 - 09/26/14 at 7:55pm
Print Post  
There is a carbon shop in Harrusburg. They have repaired 2 of my frames. They make parts for NASCAR and motor cross. They are fast and not outrageously expensive. Pm me and I can give you directions. I don't have a phone number.

GEAUX TIGERS!!!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print