Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Emerald Outback Trail (Read 523 times)
Pkniland19
Coaster Bike

Work Ride Tarheel Trailblazers

Emerald Outback Trail
10/09/14 at 6:24pm
Print Post  
Going to Beech this weekend and was curious if anyone has ridden the Emerald Outback Trail system?  Any insights, suggestions, etc.  Weather doesn't look great but I am going to try anyway.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

Yeti SB5.5
SC Chameleon

IP Logged

Advocat
In The Loop
Project Board

Re: Emerald Outback Trail
Reply #1 - 10/09/14 at 7:59pm
Print Post  
I'ts been a few years for me. It was a bit hard to follow, but not too bad. Be sure to print a map or get one (hopefully they still have them) at the trailhead/ town center where you park. There was really only one shortish segment I wish I had gone down rather than up. I didn't get out to the furthest out trails but did most or all of the rest. I liked it. There are/ were some quite rooty spots.

I imagine it's only gotten better and longer.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

TRAILS........................................CONNECT........................................PEOPLE

IP Logged

Pkniland19
Coaster Bike

Reply #2 - 10/09/14 at 8:44pm
Print Post  
Advocat wrote on 10/09/14 at 7:59pm:
I'ts been a few years for me. It was a bit hard to follow, but not too bad. Be sure to print a map or get one (hopefully they still have them) at the trailhead/ town center where you park. There was really only one shortish segment I wish I had gone down rather than up. I didn't get out to the furthest out trails but did most or all of the rest. I liked it. There are/ were some quite rooty spots.

I imagine it's only gotten better and longer.

Thanks man, found the map online and it does look a bit confusing.  Looks like everything connects in some way though.

Yeti SB5.5
SC Chameleon

IP Logged

Impaler 58
Big Ring

Reply #3 - 10/10/14 at 11:52pm
Print Post  
Pkniland19 wrote on 10/09/14 at 6:24pm:
Going to Beech this weekend and was curious if anyone has ridden the Emerald Outback Trail system?  Any insights, suggestions, etc.  Weather doesn't look great but I am going to try anyway.

do Rocky Knob instead. Then head to the appalachian mountain brewery for a cold one

GTalk  
IP Logged

Pkniland19
Coaster Bike

Reply #4 - 10/13/14 at 1:30pm
Print Post  
Impaler 58 wrote on 10/10/14 at 11:52pm:

do Rocky Knob instead. Then head to the appalachian mountain brewery for a cold one

You were right, I should have done Rocky Knob.  I think it could be a good trail system but there was very little in the way of trail markings.  Ended up on the same trail several times without really knowing how I kept getting back to it.  On a positive note I did  get to do a gnarly section of the ski slope.  Again, don't really know how I ended up there.

Yeti SB5.5
SC Chameleon

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print