Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Print
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) The future of BYT (Read 2942 times)
Natedilla
Small Cog

Work Ride Tarheel Trailblazers

The future of BYT
10/14/14 at 2:12pm
Print Post  
Someone please fill me in on what the future plans are for our trails at BYT. I just bought a house in Madison Park and if these trails are shut down for the purpose of more water treatment i may cry inside

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

worker-rider
In The Loop

Re: The future of BYT
Reply #1 - 10/14/14 at 3:32pm
Print Post  
The back 2/3 will close for the future greenway going in. This project is supposed to start July of next year and will take from 1 to 2 years to finish. MD and PRP will also be under the knife. The front 1/3 will remain open. Looks like alot of the trail will have to be rerouted.We are having a workday this weekend both days starting at 9. Please check forum for more info.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

Advocat
In The Loop
Project Board

Reply #2 - 10/15/14 at 6:55pm
Print Post  
I believe expectations are that almost all of the current trail on the CMUD side of Tyvola wil re-open after the greenway project is completed. There are no current plans to expand the water treatement facility, and I think the expectation is they won't need more capacity for at least 5-10 years. That correct Woker?

TRAILS........................................CONNECT........................................PEOPLE

IP Logged

worker-rider
In The Loop

Reply #3 - 10/15/14 at 9:38pm
Print Post  
We have a walk through on Oct 24 with parks and rec and the greenway contractors. Believe me when I say this their are so many bumps in the road that have popped up over the last couple of days that I'm not really sure what is going on yet. There are a few things that I am not able to talk about. I'm not going to fill you full of good or bad thoughts. The greenway is going to be a great thing. We will just have to work with them.  I should know more by the end of the year. Their is a lot of behind the scene things that the powers that be have to iron out. We are on the bottom of the totem pole. I do know that the service road entrances will move and we will have to reroute quite a bit of trail and loose some of the fun stuff. My guess is that the back 2/3 of the trail will close for 1 1/2 to 2 years. The plant would expand only if the growth continues downtown. CMUD is pushing for a new plant over by the WWC and wouldnt add on to this one for quite some time. I have seen the plant expansion plans. That's all I have for now. By the way workday this sat and sun starting at 9. Check down and dirty trail work for more info.
« Last Edit: 10/15/14 at 10:34pm by worker-rider »  

IP Logged

biketriad
Coaster Bike

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #4 - 10/15/14 at 9:49pm
Print Post  
The SORBA BOD meeting on Nov 15th shows that the after ride was to be held at this trail. Will that ride option likely be scrapped with this new wrinkle in the trail's future?

IP Logged

worker-rider
In The Loop

Reply #5 - 10/15/14 at 10:20pm
Print Post  
No not at all. This is supposed to start July of next year.

IP Logged

Bobadamus
Coaster Bike

Exorcise Me!

Reply #6 - 10/17/14 at 12:18am
Print Post  
My read is downtown living will continue to grow.  Look at the building going on now.  Hope they can pipe all that sludge out to the west and not south.  Trust that Worker Rider is doing his best to save what we can on the Greenway thing.  Which will be a big plus in the end for our City.

IP Logged

pagan696
Small Cog

Pedal to the Meddle

Reply #7 - 10/17/14 at 5:55pm
Print Post  
hell no! pipe all that sludge back where it came from.  y'all been dumping on the west side for far too many years.

i like the trails and all, but keep it in your own 'back yard' Wink

IP Logged

The Cycle Path
IB Room
In The Loop
Project Board

Treasurer '11 to '18.
Trail Chair '12-'18,
'20-'21

Reply #8 - 10/17/14 at 6:32pm
Print Post  
pagan696 wrote on 10/17/14 at 5:55pm:
hell no! pipe all that sludge back where it came from.  y'all been dumping on the west side for far too many years.

i like the trails and all, but keep it in your own 'back yard' Wink

How else are we gonna keep Rankin Lake filled?!?!  Wink

We carry the finest from Specialized, Yeti, Transition, and Kona.
IP Logged

Natedilla
Small Cog

Reply #9 - 11/11/14 at 11:35pm
Print Post  
What's the name of this greenway? id like to look up any proposed plans if theyre available.

IP Logged

worker-rider
In The Loop

Reply #10 - 11/12/14 at 1:51am
Print Post  
Little sugar creek is what it is called. We have seen the new plans and things have been moved around. Parks and Rec said they would post the new plans on their site when finalized. We have paper copies and I'm trying to get the big copies with topo lines to see what needs to be reworked. When I get them I will pm you and you can check them out.

IP Logged

Advocat
In The Loop
Project Board

Reply #11 - 11/12/14 at 6:53pm
Print Post  
Natedilla wrote on 11/11/14 at 11:35pm:
What's the name of this greenway? id like to look up any proposed plans if theyre available. 

There's plenty of info and maps on the County website for Greenways, including Little Sugar Creek Greenways. This will also be the corridor for the Cross County Trail. That's a recently announced effort where the City is joining the County to complete Little Sugar and connect up additional grenway/trail segments to go completely across the County. Expected completion 2016-2017. (I think - but pretty damn soon!)

TRAILS........................................CONNECT........................................PEOPLE

IP Logged

Natedilla
Small Cog

Reply #12 - 11/12/14 at 8:50pm
Print Post  
worker-rider wrote on 11/12/14 at 1:51am:
Little sugar creek is what it is called. We have seen the new plans and things have been moved around. Parks and Rec said they would post the new plans on their site when finalized. We have paper copies and I'm trying to get the big copies with topo lines to see what needs to be reworked. When I get them I will pm you and you can check them out.

awesome. thank you!

IP Logged

Natedilla
Small Cog

Reply #13 - 11/12/14 at 8:51pm
Print Post  
Advocat wrote on 11/12/14 at 6:53pm:

There's plenty of info and maps on the County website for Greenways, including Little Sugar Creek Greenways. This will also be the corridor for the Cross County Trail. That's a recently announced effort where the City is joining the County to complete Little Sugar and connect up additional grenway/trail segments to go completely across the County. Expected completion 2016-2017. (I think - but pretty damn soon!)

definitely sounds like something good for the city. thanks

IP Logged

Clinton
Coaster Bike

Reply #14 - 11/14/14 at 1:23am
Print Post  
I do agree that the greenway is a good thing, I feel like the city is missing the whole build the sidewalk where the grass is worn concept by displacing a resource that is already built, used and enjoyed by many.

Anyway, appreciate all the work everyone puts in and I'll enjoy it while it's there.
« Last Edit: 11/14/14 at 1:25am by Clinton »  

IP Logged

slayemf
Big Ring

Reply #15 - 11/15/14 at 10:53pm
Print Post  
Only going to get better...that is the future of BYT....

IP Logged

Robert C.
Big Ring

Leaves are the ultimate
trail maintenance tool

Reply #16 - 11/17/14 at 4:08pm
Print Post  
slayemf wrote on 11/15/14 at 10:53pm:
Only going to get better...that is the future of BYT....

Hopefully.  Would be a shame if they bulldozer over everyone's hard work.

IP Logged

abruzzopat
Little Ring

Irritating animated GIF...
I'll remove it soon.

Reply #17 - 01/05/15 at 5:41pm
Print Post  
worker-rider wrote on 10/15/14 at 9:38pm:
...The greenway is going to be a great thing. We will just have to work with them.  I should know more by the end of the year. ...

Did any new information come out about this? The only map I can find is this one:

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

Unless I am not reading the map correctly, it appears BYT will be gutted.  Cry

IP Logged

Slothzilla
Small Cog

Reply #18 - 01/05/15 at 6:26pm
Print Post  
Date on that map is 2002

IP Logged

abruzzopat
Little Ring

Irritating animated GIF...
I'll remove it soon.

Reply #19 - 01/05/15 at 7:34pm
Print Post  
Exactly! I'm hoping to find a new map that looks more like this...

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) byp.jpg (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Print