Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Favorite Dupont Ride (Read 485 times)
OoHoO
Little Ring

Gnar...Gnar...Gnar..

Favorite Dupont Ride
10/14/14 at 10:40pm
Print Post  
Thinking about hitting Dupont in the late fall, trying to do right around 20+ miles.  Anyone got any favorite routes? Possibly with a waterfall drive by and a slick rock ride or two? There are a ton of different trails, I appreciate the advice!!

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

2016 Santa Cruz Hightower CC 29 - Ridin' It
2014 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR 29 - Gone
2012 Cannondale Trail 6 - Gone

IP Logged

jnails
Coaster Bike

Work & Ride with THTB!

Re: Favorite Dupont Ride
Reply #1 - 10/15/14 at 12:38am
Print Post  
There is an entire thread over on MTBR under the North Carolina section with some good   ride suggestions in Dupont. I always like to do some variation of Reasonover, Airstrip, Burnt Mtn, Big Rock, and Pine Tree trails. Depending on how you link them 20 miles + is pretty easy to get.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

Check It: (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

Cherokee
Little Ring

Reply #2 - 10/16/14 at 2:45pm
Print Post  
jnails wrote on 10/15/14 at 12:38am:
There is an entire thread over on MTBR under the North Carolina section with some good   ride suggestions in Dupont. I always like to do some variation of Reasonover, Airstrip, Burnt Mtn, Big Rock, and Pine Tree trails. Depending on how you link them 20 miles + is pretty easy to get.

X2.  Ridgeline doesn't fit together location-wise with the rest of these listed, but I think it's worth the effort to get there. It's about a 1.5 miles of high speed sweeping downhill.

"The state is the great fiction by which each of us seeks to live at the expense of all of us."    --19th century French economist Frederic Bastiat

IP Logged

forkit
Coaster Bike

Work Ride Tarheel Trailblazers

Reply #3 - 10/16/14 at 3:57pm
Print Post  
19s to 11ccw to 45n to the end then 16up then come down 16 at the top, back down 45 to 19e,  cross little river with socks on. then 69 44 14 49 23 18 1 67 19 6 (bv falls) back to parking via 19.  I'm not sure how many miles that is, it's a long ride for me.
« Last Edit: 10/16/14 at 4:04pm by forkit »  

IP Logged

Bagadonuts
Coaster Bike

Work Ride Tarheel Trailblazers

Reply #4 - 10/17/14 at 12:17am
Print Post  
I rode DuPont in June for the first time and chose a route similar to this one mapped on MTBproject.com with a few trails added on that increased the total distance to 20+ miles.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

I started from Lake Imaging parking area and went south in a CCW loop that concluded on Ridgeline which I knew was a must for my ride.  The highlights of the loop were Airstrip, Mine Mountain, Turkey Knob and Ridgeline.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print