Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic LNSP... paging Big Bike Mike (Read 575 times)
DrewK
Small Cog

Work Ride Tarheel Trailblazers

LNSP... paging Big Bike Mike
12/01/14 at 2:32am
Print Post  
Parking lot open: awesome sauce.

There is a tree down on Laurel, in one of the uphill gulley runs... I think it's the second one, further from the creek.  Not moveable by man alone.  Machine required.  Not passable currently, dismount required, unless you're a trials rider.  It's down across the gulley, from one high side to the other high side.  A big 'un. 

There is another tree down across the trail somewhere out there... but I can't remember where and it wasn't a big deal, easy rideover.  I think it was on the Wildlife /Fallstown/Fox side somewhere.  I know that's useless information, I'll pay more attention... more hoping that someone else will chime in with the location.

Was very nice to do the downhill bonzai runs on Monbo with no leaves.  Thank you!
« Last Edit: 12/01/14 at 2:33am by DrewK »  
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

DrewK
Small Cog

Re: LNSP... paging Big Bike Mike
Reply #1 - 12/01/14 at 2:36am
Print Post  
Also... forgot... a ride-around has sprouted on Laurel, on the final segment after the fire road and before the end... hard right followed by a tricky little upshot over a rock/log/something pile... there's now a ride around (go left instead of right) and it looks like it's well ridden in.  Just wanted to make sure you're aware that it's there.  If you don't know what I'm talking about, post up and again, hopefully someone will know a mile marker where it is.  Otherwise I'll make a note of it next time I ride that loop.
« Last Edit: 12/01/14 at 2:37am by DrewK »  
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

BigBikeMike
Project Board

Reply #2 - 12/01/14 at 4:17am
Print Post  
Thanks Drew. I'm heading up early in the morning to work and ride. I will take care of the trees and what ever else I find. Thanks for the information. That's a big help.

IP Logged

BigBikeMike
Project Board

Reply #3 - 12/01/14 at 4:27am
Print Post  
Drew, I think I know where that ride around is and will take care it also. I was at Snowshoe this weekend cleaning carpets and getting the house ready for rental season. We arrived Friday night to find 20" of snow! I had a new shovel in the SUV and had to break it in clearing the steps before my wife could go in the house. Thanks again.

IP Logged

BigBikeMike
Project Board

Reply #4 - 12/02/14 at 1:09am
Print Post  
Drew, I love those trees that you can drive right up to! The tree on Laurel is gone. I checked the area I thought you were talking about, but it wasn't it. I'll have to ride the trail to find that go-around.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print