Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Protocol for night riding at the WWC? (Read 1226 times)
Rockhound-NC

Work Ride Tarheel Trailblazers

Protocol for night riding at the WWC?
01/12/15 at 4:53pm
Print Post  
Hi guys, coming into town for some work next week, will be bringing the bike and the lights. I see the WWC listed as approved for night riding, but how exactly does it work with the paid parking, gate, etc?

Thanks.

PS. If there's a group ride going on that week (1/19-23), I'd be all over it...anything going on?
« Last Edit: 01/12/15 at 4:55pm by Rockhound-NC »  
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

catsruletn
IB Room
In The Loop
Project Board

My bike demands rights!!

Re: Protocol for night riding at the WWC?
Reply #1 - 01/13/15 at 2:05pm
Print Post  
My understanding is that you can ride at night there pretty much any time you want. I have been there as late as about 8:30pm and there was no problem. Not sure about later than that. There really isn't a "gate". There is an entrance with a guard who collects the $5 parking fee. If he is there when you get there (he usually is) you will have to pay. Unless you have a parking pass which I would assume you won't being from out of town. As far as group rides often there are some but not sure just yet what might be going on. Most of them are sort of impromptu so stay tuned.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

Our doubts are traitors and make us lose the good we oft might win by fearing to attempt.

IP Logged

49erRider
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 01/13/15 at 10:18pm
Print Post  
Pretty sure the guard is posted there 24hours.  We've met crazy early at like 4 am for some kayaking trips and there has been a guard there to check our parking passes.

IP Logged

journey
Coaster Bike

ILV2MTB

Reply #3 - 01/15/15 at 5:36am
Print Post  
When they are not closed due to rain (way too often recently), I will typically ride USNWC during the week nights. I have arrived there as late as 8:30pm and still rode. 

Regarding the guard being on duty, every time I have left, even as late as 11pm, there has been a guard there. I have seen other postings indicating that you can ride till 11pm, but I have not seen it documented anywhere on their website. 

The later it gets, the fewer riders that will be out, though. It can seem strange to be in a parking lot setup for hundreds of cars when there are no other cars in the parking lots, except for the USNWC's Subarus. I have seen a few cleaning staff there that late, so the place is not totally empty   Wink

As far as group rides, look for the thread 'Trailblazer Tuesday Night Social' -- it is a Tues night ride that changes locations. I have seen another thread where some people ride at USNWC on Thursday nights. 

There are 2 other regular night rides in CLT -- Monday nights at Fisher Farm (northside)  and Wednesday Nights at Beatty (southside) -- there are threads for each of these rides as well.

Good luck with the ride and may the weather be with you!!
« Last Edit: 01/15/15 at 5:39am by journey »  

IP Logged

Rockhound-NC

Work Ride Tarheel Trailblazers

Reply #4 - 01/19/15 at 12:16am
Print Post  
Thanks for the replies all. Weather looks great this week so hopefully things dry out a bit from the weekend.

I should be free to ride any night this week. I'll keep my eye out for a night ride thread, or if you wouldn't mind another tagging along with your group, send me a PM. Usually about a 7-8mph rider depending on terrain.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print